Notices

Alloy Wheel Repair any good?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

Just to be fair to Wheel Tek, after my bad experiance i did NOT call them about what happend to the wheel regarding Peeling issue and poor Quality, they dont know... I am sure he would take care of it, but still i am not wating another 2 weeks for one wheel...
Old 11-08-2010, 08:32 PM
Jake Ok
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by theiceman
Gotta give it to Zook .. he is the customer and had a bad experience . The onus is on the company to make sure that type of stuff doesn't happen. If it does recognise it address it and make things right so things don't end like this. That's what follow up and surveys are for ... in the world of electronic media and communication you have to be on your game ..
Come on now guys...lets be reasonable. I have known Steve at WheelTek for years and had all me wheels refinished and painted there. His prices are good and it is a small operation. If you want customer service, than go to a dealer or a fancy shop with all the bell and whistles and I'm sure a hot receptionist will do a follow up call to all their customers...you wont be paying the kind of prices that Steve charges thats for sure.
If you have a problem with the job, let him know and he is very accomodating to get it right. WheelTek is busy for a small business operated by the owner, and yes it could take a sometime for your wheels to be done and that is why I always expect it to be aleast a week or more. To me that is no big deal, I like to support the smaller guys that does good work.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:35 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 487 Likes on 365 Posts

Steve did a great job for me and all 4 wheels in about 4 days!
tell him Turbodan sent you
Old 11-09-2010, 06:50 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 234 Likes on 157 Posts

I appreciate diligence in reporting poor service and see it as a key benefit to being on Rennlist. These are expensive cars and there is no excuse for poor work or service. I wish some of the people that had bad experiences with GTAindetail (GTE in detail) had been more vocal. It would have saved me considerable grief. Thanks Zookie.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:24 PM
Jake Ok
Burning Brakes

Good service has nothing to do with expensive cars. I expect the same level of service if I drove a Kia. That having said you dont have to pay a premium if you drive a luxury vehicle either. I had my worst experience when I brought my P car to the dealer for replacing a cat under warranty. At the end of the day, it is the people working on your vehicle, not the establishment.
There is always unhappy customers no matter where you go, if you find an honest business that will go out of their way to fix the problems, than its a keeper. GL
Old 11-10-2010, 10:16 AM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 234 Likes on 157 Posts

I wish that was true but it ain't. The best people are attracted to where the most money is because folks with the most expensive cars are willing to pay more for the best. As for Porsche dealers, the proliferation of great indies says it all!
Old 11-10-2010, 06:39 PM
Jake Ok
Burning Brakes

LOL....businesses would love customers like you. Please pay more.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:27 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,015 Likes on 722 Posts

Actuaky What Ronnie states is quite true . People are willing to pay more for a premium Brand .. when it is associated with Quality .. look at that crest on your steering wheel ..
Old 11-11-2010, 12:17 AM
Jake Ok
Burning Brakes

Premium brand doesn't always = premium quality. Its all subjective and there is a point where deminishing returns start to kick in. Don't be fooled...many folks spend premium dollars on items for other reasons like status and snob appleal. I guess if one has the dough, why not....but I don't.

Funny you mentioned the crest on steering wheel, for an $80K Porsche 996, you think they put a leather steering wheel in every Porsche. Premium price not = to premium quality. LOL
Old 11-11-2010, 12:18 AM
Jake Ok
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ronnie993tt
I wish that was true but it ain't. The best people are attracted to where the most money is because folks with the most expensive cars are willing to pay more for the best.

As for Porsche dealers, the proliferation of great indies says it all!

Kind of a contradiction to paying more for the best...LOL
Old 11-11-2010, 08:39 PM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So Jake.....why do you drive a Porsche 996 when a Dodge Caliber SRT4 or a Subur WRX STi will net you better performance?
Old 11-11-2010, 10:30 PM
Jake Ok
Burning Brakes

^^^
First off those 2 cars do not yeal the same perfrmance as my Porsche, perhaps an older C5 corvette may be a good comparison. I bought a 996 for the same reason as some of us on this forum did.. the egineering passion, racing history and and the connection I have driving it. I have always wanted one since I could drive and when I turn 40 and had some money, I bought one.
Not because it is chicks magnet, or...see I have money etc.

Hope you did for the same reason and thanks for asking.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:48 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Jake Ok
Not because it is chicks magnet
i wish!
Old 11-12-2010, 12:15 AM
Jake Ok
Burning Brakes

Come on Zook...you are good looking guy, you can pick up chicks even if you took the bus.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:57 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Jake Ok
Come on Zook...you are good looking guy, you can pick up chicks even if you took the bus.
lol hahaha

Quick Reply: Alloy Wheel Repair any good?