Notices

No Hibernation

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 01:21 PM
vipola
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the price of Wheels, Snow Tires, and Oil Rust Treatment.. you can get yourself a Toyota Corolla 1999-2003, a Great winter beater car for around 2000-3000$. and keep your loved P-Car clean for the summer, and save on stone ship
Old 11-08-2010, 02:51 PM
ZR8ED
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A reputable driveline shop could rebuild these just as easy as buying remans. I use a driveline shop local to me, who has built all kinds of custom driveshafts etc for me. I've upgraded some of my old Datsun driveshafts to accept heavy duty domestic parts. (think muscle car stuff, for a fraction of import part prices)
As for mats, I have used heavy guage plastic sheeting to contour the floor and tuck up under the centre console, and rocker panel trim. THEN put down a decent floor mat. Protects the floors 100% It will take a bit of time to fit it in the car, but then you are set for winter! I do this with my brand new DD cars. My 944 and my Datsuns hibernate!

As for wheels.. Check Kijiji.ca. Lots of wheels. If you need adapters to run late offset wheels, let me know, as I have a set I used on my 86 to run late offset 911 wheels.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:52 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,149 Likes on 823 Posts

..or get an Audi Q for a thousand bucks ..
Old 11-09-2010, 12:05 AM
OntarioTurbo
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Pontifex4: Yes I used to work at Kal Tire, but left there a few months ago. I was looking at the Cardone reman axles at NAPA. They were approx $180.00 each after the core. I priced brand new oem from online and Markus Blaszak and they were around $400.00 each.

I have acess to some Michelin X-ice snows, brand new for cost, but all 4 are in 205/55/16. Good for the front, but tire rack says the max rim width is 7.5" so probably not going to work on the rear 8" rims.

I hear you on the winter beater thing, but the tires I can pay off slowly and the oil spray will be done by me so i am saving money. I don't have 2 grand for a beater right now. I would prefer NOT to drive it this winter, but I have to get to work.

Quick Reply: No Hibernation