Notices

Kids on the street rant!!!!!!

Old 06-19-2010, 06:57 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 675 Likes on 446 Posts
Default Kids on the street rant!!!!!!

Forgive me while I rant and work off some steam

Took the C2S out today for about 2 hours driving around looking for a new daily driver and then cruising along lakeshore in Oakville. On the way home I'm thinking, wow, that was a great morning! Stop at Timmies to grab a coffee and head home to get something to eat. When I get home I see two kids from the street shooting stones with a sling shot at a target right across from my driveway. As soon as they see me, they stop. Hmmm...strange???? So I go inside to turn off the alarm and open the garage door to put the car back in and they are at it again. They see me and stop. OK, so I look at the back of my Cayenne that was in the driveway and there are a few stones about 10 ft away. I pick them up and put the car in the garage and go in to eat. I can pull our video surviellance cameras up on the TV so I do so while I chow down.

About 10 minutes later, I see one of the little buggers on my driveway beside the Cayenne. Next thing I see him throw something in the air and it comes down right on my truck! I go out there and he runs down the side of my house (got that on the cameras too ). The little B had made a cross out of two paint stiring sticks and had hit my car with it. Also, I notice 3 more rocks under my rear bumper!!!

Pissed, I go down to his house and tell the father what went on. He was apologetic and gave the kid hell. I go home and not 5 minutes later, the kid is at the door with his mother. He appologizes and I tell him it's OK, but what really got me mad was him running away and not owning up to his mistake. The mother then says, "if you are worried about your cars, you have a 3 car garage, put them inside!". WTF???????? I sent her on her way as politely as I could

OK, rant off...I feel better now
Old 06-19-2010, 07:12 PM
bavorak
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Soory to hear your story, it all comes down to basic respect for anothers property. Why the heck should you feel the need to park your cars inside when they should be safe in the driveway.

My polite reply would have been " if your children dont know the difference between right and wrong, and after being told once they still dont comprehend the notion, than I'm sure they have a bedroom in your house, and you should send them there to think about it"

This is one of my biggest pet peves, Damn it, people should obide by the rule " treat others and their property the way you would like to be treated"
Old 06-19-2010, 08:00 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 336 Likes on 243 Posts

My old man would have taken a strip off me if I ever did that when I ws a kid.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:16 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Belting - An often overlooked method of child rearing that has great success.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:18 PM
Sputter
Pro

We can't do that anymore, you might hurt the childs feelings..

Originally Posted by Imo000
My old man would have taken a strip off me if I ever did that when I ws a kid.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:54 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

I hear you, my Dad would have killed me and if either of my kids did that they would be facing some serious time in their rooms. I still can't believe the Mother told me to keep my cars in the garage!!!
Old 06-19-2010, 08:56 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

pm me the address. i'll go use their car for paintball practice and then ask them to move their cars into their garage so that they don't impede the path of my projectiles
Old 06-19-2010, 09:13 PM
Sultan
Burning Brakes

Omar and Zookie will agree with me...we got our *** whooped....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVcePxjFujs
Old 06-19-2010, 09:20 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 345 Posts

Agree with the others.You're way too polite. Hand out a can of whoop *** first, then beg forgiveness. Whats wrong with parents anyway. Slingshots on a residential street = stupid.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:26 PM
xXxGhotimanxXx
Track Day

I keep all of my cars (that I care about) in the garage or in storage behind a locked gate. You can't control what goes on in your front yard...out there with the rest of the monkey filled world. I also don't care what happens to the front of my house or my front yard....I'd go crazy trying to control what I can't control. Inside my house, my garage, and my backyard are the only areas that are truly mine.

J
Old 06-19-2010, 09:29 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 79 Likes on 59 Posts

WOW Western Society...

I dont blame the kids, we all did similar thing when were kids, i admit... But its the Parents i blame, specially what the mother said to you... bitch

but i tell you if i was that kid and that was my mom or dad.... oh mannnnnnnnnn you would not see me on teh street for a few weeks... i definatly learned the lesson, first time around :P im proud of what and who i am now thanks to my parents upbrining skills
Old 06-19-2010, 09:30 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Problem is....the garage is already full. Anybody want to buy a nice 993
Old 06-19-2010, 09:40 PM
USCCayman
Intermediate

Next time the kid is outside and you are driving, run him over. When the mom comes screaming to your door, tell her you are very sorry, but if she doesn't want them run over, she should keep them inside.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:51 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

LOL!
Old 06-20-2010, 12:13 AM
b5audia4
Burning Brakes

I like how the mom blames you for her child's behaviour....that's fu*ked up!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Kids on the street rant!!!!!!