Notices

OT: Job Postings for Toronto Technology Company

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 06:32 PM
993c4_Toronto
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Default OT: Job Postings for Toronto Technology Company

I've been trying to hire a few positions for my company and I can't seem to tap into a decent source of applicants for two positions so I thought I'd put them out the Rennlist community - you all know people (friends, nephews, etc.) If I hire a referral of yours I'll buy you $500 of slope-saving upgrades.

Position 1

PollStream is looking for a Client Experience Coordinator. The ideal candidate should have a solid understanding of current interactive communications technologies, internal content management and Internet advertising systems.

We are looking for an organized project manager who can coordinate both internal and partner-based aspects of company and client initiatives. This person must be a natural facilitator with a balance of technical understanding and communication skills. Being a client facing role, professionalism and customer service are top priorities.

Responsibilities fall into three categories:

Communications/Marketing
• Manage client/prospect newsletters and other promotional emails - formatting, deployment
• Support ongoing industry partnership events and communications

Client Support/Training
• Plan and conduct all client training (teleconference and on-site) for all software solutions
• Provide front-line technical support for all clients and users, manage troubleshooting process in collaboration with development team
• Create and maintain all software documentation
• Participate in pre-release software testing to ensure consistency from the client's perspective

Project Management
• Manage software testing and deployment for all new clients
• Organize and monitor process for all client customization requests
• Create and define internal processes for new initiatives

How to Apply?
We thank all respondents but only those under consideration for the Customer Experience Coordinator position will be contacted. Please forward your resume to careers@pollstream.com

Note: This position is for the Toronto office. We will not consider any applicants who are not currently available to work locally in the Toronto office.

Position 2:

Regional Sales Manager

PollStream is looking for a Regional Sales Manager. The candidate must have experience selling social software solutions to senior Marketing and Communications professionals at F1000 companies.
Required Qualifications

* 3-6+ years of sales experience
* Superior customer service skills
* Excellent problem solving abilities
* Demonstrable phone-based and field-based selling skills
* Proven track record in developing new business, renewal sales, consultative selling, managing sales cycles, and maintaining client relationships
* High energy and self motivated

In your email, be sure to explain how your sales background relates to selling a Web-based social software solution to Marketing and Communications professionals in large national or global companies.

We thank all respondents but only those under consideration will be contacted. Please forward your resume to careers@pollstream.com.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:35 PM
keithfox
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve,

You might have trouble filling the RSM job. There are lots of software sales people but probably few (to extremely few) in Canada that have experience selling social platforms, they'd all be in the US. You might have to adjust your expectations there.

Keith
Old 03-22-2010, 10:38 AM
993c4_Toronto
Burning Brakes

Keith,

(Back from vacation)

We do hire in the US as well (Chicago and Washington, DC currently) but would perfer to locate a Toronto based person for this go around.

When you suggest that we should adjust our expectations...did you have a suggestion as well?
Old 03-22-2010, 12:02 PM
cleanme
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 993c4_Toronto
Keith,

(Back from vacation)

We do hire in the US as well (Chicago and Washington, DC currently) but would perfer to locate a Toronto based person for this go around.

When you suggest that we should adjust our expectations...did you have a suggestion as well?
I'd suggest checking out University of Waterloo's Co-op , loads of talent coming out from there especially w/ the mandatory Engineering Co-op

I'd apply but not enough experience.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:35 PM
PPo
Drifting

...just to pile on, we are looking for for developers, consultants, BA, and PMs with SharePoint and/or Dynamics CRM and/or .Net and/or general Microsoft experience. If you are a strong professional in the IT world with other technologies, we are interested as well if you have the thirst to learn...

Any leads that result in a hire will certainly be compensated appropriately....

Please PM me for company name etc. Not a recruiter, I just need more talent!
Old 03-22-2010, 10:02 PM
993c4_Toronto
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cleanme
I'd suggest checking out University of Waterloo's Co-op , loads of talent coming out from there especially w/ the mandatory Engineering Co-op

I'd apply but not enough experience.
Actually, these are our non-developer positions - we also have positions for LAMP developers (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP).
Old 03-22-2010, 11:13 PM
akw
Racer

Originally Posted by 993c4_Toronto
Actually, these are our non-developer positions - we also have positions for LAMP developers (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP).
Well if you have developers you must need testers/test managers/test directors

http://www.linkedin.com/in/adamwhite
Old 03-23-2010, 10:21 AM
rideau
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Brief commercial message follows:
My son is a recruiter for Beachhead specializing in IT positions. Contact him at patrick.hembery@beach-head.com or at 416-766-3999 #223.
He. of course, is a wonderful young man and I have received many favorable comments from friends and business associates who have engaged him on projects.

Quick Reply: OT: Job Postings for Toronto Technology Company