LOOKING FOR A FORWARD FACING CHILD SEAT THAT FITS PERFECT

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 12:36 PM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default LOOKING FOR A FORWARD FACING CHILD SEAT THAT FITS PERFECT

I know this is like beating a dead horse but I have done a search and found very different opinions. It seems like everyone has a different opinion of what the term "excellent fit" means. Not to mention that many of the recommended seats have been discountinued.

I am looking for a forward facing seat that fits my 996TT perfect. An excellent fit is acceptable.

After seeing many seats in the back of other P-owners cars, I have come to realize that over 75% of them are not installed properly. Half the time they just flop around in the back or are quite off angle. I know the factory Porsche seat fits but it is crazy money.

It seems like there is four ways of installing a child seat.

1) with the rear back seat bottom and rear seat back in place.

2) without the back seat bottom but with rear seat back in place.

3) with the rear seat bottom but without the rear seat back in place.

4) without the back seat bottom and backing.

What seat are you guys using that works very well?

I'm not looking for a compromise or just an OK fit.

LOOKING FOR A FORWARD FACING CHILD SEAT not booster.

Thanks,

Al

PS. Anyone have a receint production excellent condition OEM child seat they don't need anymore?

Last edited by Speedyellow993; 09-24-2009 at 12:41 AM. Reason: update
Old 09-23-2009, 01:22 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

I can't give you a model number, as ours is not only a couple years old and therefore not likely available anymore, but also doesn't sit perfectly flat - it's on a slight lean, though it's never seemed to bother my daughter. It's in super-tight, though - I use a strap with a winch, rather than the standard tethers.

My advice would be to go to Toys R Us or Sears or wherever and ask them to let you take the floor models out to the car to see which ones fit. I have to install another one this winter for our soon-to-be 1 year old, and that's what I'll do then.

Who manufactures the OEM seat for Porsche? I'd be concerned if it wasn't one of the major manufacturers who've done all the safety research.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:35 PM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I recall reading that Britax has narrow ones (and this is confirmed on their website) that supposedly fit quite well. There is a one day sale this Sat., so I'd recommend you bring the car and test fit some.

http://www.britaxcarseatsale.com/
Old 09-23-2009, 08:08 PM
entdoc
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you looking for a booster or a tethered child seat? I have a Britax booster that is pretty much in new condition that you're welcome to have (free). It worked well in my 997 (it's a narrow seat but I'm not sure that the fit is 'perfect'). My youngest is now 8 and not using it any more.
If you'e looking for new, I found the best selection of Britax models at Kiddie Proofers on Dufferin south of Lawrence (but that was a few years ago). Britax makes narrow models and, as I understand it, manufactures the Porsche OEM model.

David
Old 09-23-2009, 11:34 PM
Wes_R
Banned

What age?

I think anything from here is only right http://www.recarochildseat.com/home.jsp.

Old 09-23-2009, 11:55 PM
Cosmo Kramer
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 85 Posts

I have a Cosco Serena from Wal Mart in the back of my 928, fits perfect and it was only $70.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:37 AM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Seat

Originally Posted by entdoc
Are you looking for a booster or a tethered child seat? I have a Britax booster that is pretty much in new condition that you're welcome to have (free). It worked well in my 997 (it's a narrow seat but I'm not sure that the fit is 'perfect'). My youngest is now 8 and not using it any more.
If you'e looking for new, I found the best selection of Britax models at Kiddie Proofers on Dufferin south of Lawrence (but that was a few years ago). Britax makes narrow models and, as I understand it, manufactures the Porsche OEM model.

David
Hi David, can you pm me your contact info?

Thanks
Old 09-27-2009, 08:57 PM
entdoc
Instructor

PM sent (I think).

Quick Reply: LOOKING FOR A FORWARD FACING CHILD SEAT THAT FITS PERFECT