Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Rennlist Canada (https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist-canada-98/)
-   -   For Phil: Customer service issue or just fat? (https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist-canada/481469-for-phil-customer-service-issue-or-just-fat.html)

imcarthur 02-08-2009 08:25 PM

For Phil: Customer service issue or just fat?

Global TV Edmonton

Phil

You might want to add this to your training advice . . .

Ian

pongobaz 02-08-2009 09:02 PM

Priceless! I feel sorry for the dealership as they were made out to be the bad guys, but the reality is that a...ahem...displacement-challenged (how PC is that?) person WILL affect the corner weighting of the vehicle. Simple physics.

Dealers sometimes get a bad rap for people's stupidity. A tech told me about the time a customer was repeatedly complaining about a rattling sound in the cabin yet they could never find the source. Eventually he went out with the customer and within 5 minutes, he heard the noise and reached over and grabbed the customers blingy chain bracelet and magically the noise stopped!

To answer your question: I think the dealer tried to handle it in the most diplomatic manner possible by repeatedly trying to correct the alignment knowing full well that the customer's weight issue was the root cause. With the customer running to the media, Kia of West Edmonton was damned no matter what they did.

CDN_Wolf_eh 02-08-2009 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by pongobaz (Post 6264220)
a...ahem...displacement-challenged (how PC is that?) person WILL affect the corner weighting of the vehicle. Simple physics.

I normally refer to it as having Extra Down Force ... Right Eshel? :rockon:

Alberta has a very active Human Rights Commission ... so I'm sure she will find a sympathetic ear that will offer to take on her case, at the Tax Payers expense, and deem that she was harrased in some way ... and demand that Kia pay up.

old man neri 02-08-2009 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by pongobaz (Post 6264220)
a...ahem...displacement-challenged (how PC is that?)

Nutritional over achiever.

theiceman 02-08-2009 10:39 PM

gravitational abundance I say :)

TurboS 02-09-2009 12:08 AM

[QUOTE=CDN_Wolf_eh;6264284][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]I normally refer to it as having Extra Down Force ... Right Eshel? :rockon:

Now I know why turns 2 and 4 felt even more challenging when you were taking video in my car Hmmmm... :)

cleanme 02-09-2009 12:15 PM

Holy sh!t, Larry Ricci! Family friend (edit: turns out he's not), tried to get us to buy a Kia dealership.

Back to the topic, ahahaha. Sorry. If that's your biggest problem then you don't have a big load of stress weighing down on you. It's a big deal because we can't fit into her shoes but we all pull our own weight and shouldn't have to tip-toe around the situation.:icon107:

911 Rod 02-09-2009 01:18 PM

I think they put her own the news to keep us amused. :icon501:

Sputter 02-09-2009 02:57 PM

moral of the story, pretend she isn't hefty so we don't hurt her sensitive feelings.
She needs a heavier suspensioned car <cough> hummer comes to mind.

Seriously, don't people with "extra" pounds think that it can impact whatever they do? What's next?, sue Porsche because they aren't tubby friendly? PC just goes way too far at times.

Turbodan 02-09-2009 04:27 PM

what do you expect when you weigh more than the car. she should try exercise and cut out junk food, then maybe she wouldn't be humiliated.
what is the matter with promoting healthy lifestyle? but instead just blame the dealership and manufacturer. many things have weight restrictions, why not cars?
these are the same people that ban the national anthem:banghead:

trickydisco 02-09-2009 04:58 PM

Oh man, things are so upside down... Really pathetic to see those two news
anchors tread oh-so-lightly around the real issue.

God forbid they offend her with reality and the laws of physics.

swbatte 02-09-2009 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Turbodan (Post 6267182)
what do you expect when you weigh more than the car. she should try exercise and cut out junk food, then maybe she wouldn't be humiliated.
what is the matter with promoting healthy lifestyle? but instead just blame the dealership and manufacturer. many things have weight restrictions, why not cars?
these are the same people that ban the national anthem:banghead:

You know, I often think that of modding the car. You'll see a guy with 50 extra pounds on his frame spend several thousand dollars for a few hp. Why not shed the ballast???

In my profession I see this all the time. "Why do I have arthritis doc? Why did my vertabrae collapse? Why do I have headaches, scitatica, indigestion, etc?" I admire the orthopaedic surgeons in England who collectively said - no more hip or knee replacements for people who are grossly overweight. Loose the weight then we'll talk.

I mean even bridges have load restrictions.

old man neri 02-09-2009 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by swbatte (Post 6267716)
You know, I often think that of modding the car. You'll see a guy with 50 extra pounds on his frame spend several thousand dollars for a few hp. Why not shed the ballast???

I know what you mean, these are the same people that will spend 1000s upon 1000s just for some light weight rims or something. They will then slap those rims on and go straight to the drive through at McDicks.

Brian 162 02-09-2009 08:48 PM

I only have two words to say.

WEIGHT WATCHERS

Dale Gribble 02-10-2009 02:47 PM

Damn ridiculous...right up until the point where she said she felt hurt because they had her sit in the car while they aligned it,then i just lost it. BOO HOO FATTY....ever wonder how race cars are corner balanced? You sit your ass in the seat and adjust from there.

Paging darwin...

Aside....does the dealership get to claim the alignment as warranty thru Kia?