Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Rennlist Canada (https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist-canada-98/)
-   -   a couple of warmish days: the good, the bad and the ugly! (https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist-canada/480203-a-couple-of-warmish-days-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly.html)

pongobaz 02-02-2009 02:27 PM

a couple of warmish days: the good, the bad and the ugly!

The good:
-Yesterday with the mercury hitting 6c (in my area anyway), I had the opportunity to go to the self-serve coin wash and blast away all the grit and grime off the car (part 1)
-Went for a long walk with the dog, wife and one daughter.
-Smoked a nice Romeo & Julietta cigar!
-Hand washed and detailed the car (part 2).

The bad:
-potholes! You'd think we were in Kabul after being carpet bombed!
-People who don't clear the ice and snow on the sidewalk in front of their places!
-People who don't pick up after their dogs on the same sidewalks!

The ugly:
-discovering that some idiot put a nickel sized ding in my passenger door! The worse is that I know it happened while parked at head office of an auto manufacturer where many people know me and my car! You'd think that the culprit would: a) be more careful than the average soccer mom considering where he/she works. b) leave a note apologizing and offering to pay for the paintless dent removal!
:soapbox:

AM993 02-02-2009 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by pongobaz (Post 6242861)
discovering that some idiot put a nickel sized ding in my passenger door!

Nooooooo!!!! :(

jumper5836 02-02-2009 03:51 PM

Well at least it's an easy fix. Not like mine last year when I had to repaint the rear bumper.

trickydisco 02-02-2009 03:59 PM

Yes I get right pissed at people who (repeatedly) fail to clear the ice.
Same with those who don't pick up after their doggies. Just another
example of the me-ism of which we see more and more.

Sorry to hear about your door ding, that is surprising that it happened
at a place where everybody knows you and your car. A nickel sized
ding is pretty big ... mustve really let their door fly.

Zookie 02-02-2009 04:00 PM

I went snow boarding FOR THE FIRST TIME... wiped out a couple of times, took me 1 hour to come down one hill... did only one run :P

PS: Twisted my leg and ankle while wiping out

RyeHigh 02-02-2009 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by jumper5836 (Post 6243199)
Well at least it's an easy fix. Not like mine last year when I had to repaint the rear bumper.

Same thing happened to me last month...the good news in my case was that he left a note with name and phone number...so all went well. :thumbup:

Christien 02-02-2009 04:29 PM

The VERY DAY I bought my 911, on our way home from picking it up I stopped at the drug store and some guy opened his door right into it, while we were still in the car. He felt really bad, and had his kid with him, so I didn't light into him. No damage, anyway. But yeah, carelessness - grr.

Rinty 02-02-2009 04:48 PM

warmish days

The bikes have been out and about here; even saw a Lambo, so I'm sure there're P-cars around.

Sorry about your ding.

Dale Gribble 02-02-2009 05:21 PM

saw a turbo tearing it up on the 401 as i was heading back from sherway gardens (the mac store has a bunch of cute girls working there as a side note....)

if this weather holds and the black ice melts off...i'm liable to do something stupid :)

theiceman 02-02-2009 06:37 PM

ah man .. actually Phil the amount you park at the airport I am amazed your car looks so good. Sad to say the law of averages just caught up to you. :(

TurboS 02-02-2009 06:57 PM

[QUOTE=DeAd-EyE;6243574]saw a turbo tearing it up on the 401 as i was heading back from sherway gardens

What colour Turbo?

Drove mine today, f'ing amazing. TINS

pongobaz 02-02-2009 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by theiceman (Post 6243881)
ah man .. actually Phil the amount you park at the airport I am amazed your car looks so good. Sad to say the law of averages just caught up to you. :(

Yeah, I know. But actually, I've been cabbing it anytime I'm going for more than 48hrs...getting to be a pain to find a close & safe spot at T1 lately.

PbPedis 02-02-2009 08:37 PM

Supposed to be warm this weekend and into next week. Still too much crap out there for me, so mine is still in hibernation. Spring is coming though!

JDSStudios 02-02-2009 09:08 PM

Sorry to hear Phil!
I hope the repair is as close to perfect as possible!

Zookie 02-02-2009 09:34 PM

Is it just me or the Roads in GTA have been warped? i was just driving around Mississauga and jeez, no potholes but the roads are like rollercoaster ride, and why the f*#$ are the manhole covers sooo freaking deep?