Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Rennlist Canada (https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist-canada-98/)
-   -   can't find a booster seat-997 c2s cab (https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist-canada/466720-cant-find-a-booster-seat-997-c2s-cab.html)

P1-EH 11-17-2008 11:29 AM

can't find a booster seat-997 c2s cab

Pfaff and Downtown have both told me that the Porsche booster seat is not legal in Canada anymore, so they don't sell it. I'm told Britax is the original manufacturer, but I can't for the life of me find the right model or a store that sells them.

Can anyone help me out and point me to the model (hopefully current) and a store that sells them? I'm looking for a rear seat booster.

Thanks,
Mark

AM993 11-17-2008 11:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have two Britax Star Riser's, which fit OK in the 993. This model has been discontinued a couple of years ago and replaced with the Britax Parkway (same booster seat, different fabric pattern, different name). If you are happy to buy a gently (barely) used one, I can sell you one of mine (my daughter is turning 8 in January and I only need one for my son).

The Stig 11-17-2008 12:07 PM

Britax even discountinued the Parkway this summer. Its the only one that would fit in the back of my car. They replaced it with the Frontier which goes for $299. Its a Booster/Forward facing seat combo. They even upped the the min weight requirement. Much to my 3 yo dismay. You could get your child in the Parkway if they were at least 30 lbs. But the Frontier (as a booster) is not recommended for any child under 42 lbs. Makes you wonder why they upped the min?

So no booster in the 911 until she puts on a few pounds.

Cliff

Zookie 11-17-2008 12:11 PM

here you go http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/me..._Code=997child probaly the Cheapest around

I thought Booster Seat was the Law.... That why i dumped my EX GF...

P1-EH 11-17-2008 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by AM993 (Post 6007862)
I have two Britax Star Riser's, which fit OK in the 993. This model has been discontinued a couple of years ago and replaced with the Britax Parkway (same booster seat, different fabric pattern, different name). If you are happy to buy a gently (barely) used one, I can sell you one of mine (my daughter is turning 8 in January and I only need one for my son).

Thanks for the offer. I appreciate it, but I'm ordering one from Suncoast. I'm not confident enough that the geometry of the 993 matches the 997, so I'm going with the OEM Porsche version.

It's ridiculous how expensive these are. I have a latch booster for my M5 that cost me $40 at Canadian Tire. This one with tax/shipping/exchange is pushing 10x that. Oh well, you can't put a price on the safety of your kid.

99three 11-17-2008 04:48 PM

Do you know if it would fit the 993 cab and would you also need to attach anything in order for the seat to fit?

AM993 11-17-2008 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by 99three (Post 6008935)
Do you know if it would fit the 993 cab and would you also need to attach anything in order for the seat to fit?

It should fit, unless the seat is radically narrower in the 993 cab. No need to attach anything, the sealbelt holds the seat in place whenever empty (you can see on the photo the oval seatbelt holes above the shoulders of the booster back).

JDSStudios 11-21-2008 05:12 AM

Arnaud
Does it fit in the back seat?

Zookie:
All the seats on that site are for the front, and
cannot be used without air bag deactivation installed.
John

AM993 11-21-2008 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by JDSStudios (Post 6020799)
Arnaud
Does it fit in the back seat?

Yep, in the back seat.

Zookie 11-21-2008 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by JDSStudios (Post 6020799)
Zookie:
All the seats on that site are for the front, and
cannot be used without air bag deactivation installed.
John

in you click on teh seat and cheak info it says it will fit Front and Rear... Front requires a Deactivate Key.... :rtfm: