Notices

horrendous service experience at downtown porsche toronto

Old 10-28-2008, 01:14 PM
Jlangmd
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zookie
PS: You should come to our Weekly Meets at Starbuck and show us that Macadamia Brown Cab you got there, Good Tatse...
Would love to but most weekends kids do stuff on Saturday mornings and need rides.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:18 PM
Jlangmd
Racer

Originally Posted by Turbodan
Jlangmd: was your car in the showroom a DFC last year? I hope you didn't really pay $180k for that car. did you park next to me (my black car) at Yorkdale last week in September?
what are you trying to find out? warranty info is is in manual. or are you trying to get your missing screw?
Never been to Yorkdale.

Had a few questions about warranty and service intervals. Nothing important, but was expecting a quick call back for an answer.

They have a shelf full of screws at the garage. I thought they could stick one in while I was there, as they didn't on delivery. I eventually went to Canadian Tire and got a screw and fixed it. Not a big problem, but not good service either.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:21 PM
Jlangmd
Racer

Originally Posted by harrisonrick
I wish I had a 997 TT to whine about.
No whining about the car here. Just whining about the dealership. Honestly, they made $$$$ on the sale and owe me some tiny bit of attention when I call or email. I also point out that i tried calling twice and emailing 5 times to the dealership to find out a quote on winter wheels and tires, and finally got frustrated and quit trying.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:21 PM
TurboS
Drifting

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbodan
I did not have a bad day. just pointing out that not all complaints are justified.
Thursday is tempting...however both sets of track tires are away. I might be tempted to at least spectate
are you bringing the grey car?
did you see on the Cdn dollar thread that Lambo for 120k?
I know I was only kidding.

Grey car weather permitting.

Will you buy the Lambo for me, how much lower can it go?
Old 10-28-2008, 07:08 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 487 Likes on 365 Posts

I would've ...if only you said "please"
Old 10-28-2008, 07:33 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,008 Likes on 716 Posts

Hey what's going on here ? guys posting and using bad grammer ? that's my department, I am the King of bad grammer/ Spelling , and no one is taking my crown.

PS Dan when complaining of a guy using bad grammer,in a post , pay close attention ... it's " a Cayenne" not "an Cayenne " ...

Last edited by theiceman; 10-28-2008 at 07:34 PM. Reason: spelling a nd bad grammer of course
Old 10-28-2008, 08:39 PM
gofor28off
Racer

I'm going to comment both sides of this.
First, the OP was a overly dramatic to say the least. What he had was a less than satisfactory experience in his opinion. However based on the 9 different issues, most of which were not evident during the service visit, whether this was actually "bad" service is debatable. Hardly "horrendous" as the OP stated. I've read about truly horrendous experiences and this wasn't it.
Second, I have been to DFC for servce many times (I bought my car there) and I can say that I have only had first rate dealings with Kalil. However, I agree that the same cannot be said of Raj. He is not as pleasant to deal with and does come across as indifferent and aloof. When I do go there I avoid dealing with him.
My .02.

Last edited by gofor28off; 10-29-2008 at 08:25 AM.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:12 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Does DFC management know of this apparent lack of customer satisfaction with this Raj guy? If I ran a business selling 6-figure cars I would expect my sales staff to treat every customer like royalty.

I remember a number of years ago going into Remenyi (high end music store on Bloor) to look at a new violin. When I told them the price range I was looking in I was immediately shown into a separate show room and treated like a star performer. This despite that I was a 25-year-old university kid, and looking to spend under $10K. But just stating with any degree of seriousness that I was looking to spend money brought out the premier treatment. I would expect a Porsche dealership to be very similar. No room for disrespectful, discourteous or even just cold salespeople.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:27 PM
peritus
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Just go to Autowerks... All problems solved.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:01 PM
bill r toronto
Advanced

And I thought it was only poor guys like me with an old '78 928 and a '87 911 that got rotten service and the brush off by Raj.
He told me they were to busy last spring to service my cars. Funny they weren't to busy to take my 7 grand in the the winter .
Old 10-29-2008, 12:47 AM
b5audia4
Burning Brakes

My only experience at DFC was a couple of years ago being asked what it would take to buy a 5 yr old pre-owned Boxster now...only after having seen it sitting literally in the wet wash bay and have not even started the car, let alone a test drive...and this is the service I got for having made an appointment to view a couple of their Boxsters in their inventory for that morning...
Old 10-29-2008, 10:58 AM
harrisonrick
Captain Obvious
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jlangmd
No whining about the car here. Just whining about the dealership. Honestly, they made $$$$ on the sale and owe me some tiny bit of attention when I call or email. I also point out that i tried calling twice and emailing 5 times to the dealership to find out a quote on winter wheels and tires, and finally got frustrated and quit trying.
That would **** me off too...especially after spending the $$ you did on that honey of a car.

Just try and ask for a test drive of a used 993 or something when you pull into the lot in your winter beater, a 1992 Mercury Sable.

Salesmen really need to be better trained....when I was in sales, I NEVER judged the book by its cover.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:50 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 79 Likes on 59 Posts

Well since everyones at it... When i was shopping for my car... Went to DFC and Jimmy Lin guy was not help full at all. I think i knew more than him about the 997 and he was not intrested in helping me either and i dint like his atitude, his attitude and body language was like he was doing me a favour... So i went to Pfaff the next day and bought my C4S the same day... Now that Jimmy Lin guy is a Pfaff everytime i see him, feel like punching him the face...

Last edited by Zookie; 10-29-2008 at 03:48 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:03 PM
RyeHigh
Buns Up
Rennlist Member

I remember back in the spring of 07, I walked in and Jimmy came up and ask me if he could hlep...I said "Im just looking to see what you have in inventory".
I told him I was looking for an 02-04 911 Cab ...I gave him my business card and asked him to call me when one came in.....I still haven't heard from him...maybe they haven't gotten in any Cab's yet....my bad.

I then dealt with Horst up at Pfaff....he would email me when something came in ...and finally in Aug 07, my car came in, it took me 3 days to close the deal, service was great....BUT since then, I've only heard from Horst once. That was last month and only to see if I had any friends that are in the market for a Porsche....**** poor customer service IMHO...But overall Im happy with Pfaff, no real big complaints.

As for DFC...I had "that situation" with my car last week...but they stepped up, admitted fault and took care of the problem, no questions asked.....
Old 10-29-2008, 03:50 PM
Mark Lue
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Zookie
Well since everyones at it... When i was shopping for my car... Went to DFC and Jimmy Lin guy was not help full at all. I think i knew more than him about the 997 than him and he was not intrested in helping me either and i dint like his atitude, his attitude and body language was like he was doing me a favour... So i went to Pfaff the next day and bought my C4S the same day... Now that Jimmy Lin guy is a Pfaff everytime i see him, feel like punching him the face...
Zook, does this guy Jimmy remember you from DFC... if yes then you already gave him a shot in his wallet by buying else where.

Boy how things have changed, I can remember a while back when peeps were bashing Pfaff and praising DFC.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: horrendous service experience at downtown porsche toronto