Notices

PCNA CANCELS ALL WARRANTIES ON US IMPORTS EFFECTIVE JULY 1 and IT'S RETROACTIVE

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 01:20 AM
rebe1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apparently not from the way the Pfaff service manager phoned me to make an appointment right after PCNA spoke to them.

Originally Posted by AaronB
Does PCNA have any sort of control over its dealers? Can Pfaff (or any other dealer) do whatever the hell they want regardless of what comes down from above?
Old 08-23-2006, 12:27 PM
YYC930
Three Wheelin'

Good on you guys for doing this............!!!
Old 08-23-2006, 07:42 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,015 Likes on 722 Posts

I wonder if someone from Pfaff were to read this thread they would even be the slightest bit concerned. Sounds to me like Pfaff are certainly trying to take things into their own hands by making it very difficult for those who don't buy cars from Canada .. or basically from them since there are such few dealers.. who else does this kind of thing in any industry who values customer service ... well other than Bill Gates of course..

I just don't get it , how arrogant is that ?
Old 08-23-2006, 10:20 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Apparently someone at DFC and/or Pfaff was pissed at the thread on the UCR forum. Apparently they threatened to pull their sponsorship of the UCR club race at Mosport if the offending posts didn't "disappear".
Old 08-23-2006, 11:55 PM
AaronB
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Christien
Apparently someone at DFC and/or Pfaff was pissed at the thread on the UCR forum. Apparently they threatened to pull their sponsorship of the UCR club race at Mosport if the offending posts didn't "disappear".
Maybe if this continues, Pfaff will attempt to make even the people that are doing the posting "disappear"!

Could be a future episode of CSI.....
Old 08-24-2006, 12:23 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

no kidding ... now they are threatening the Porsche club as a result of their own stupid antics ? ...how arrogant is that ? wait a minute I have heard that before... I say "F%*K em" They have a lot more to lose ....threatening your primary customer base is not good business and just not cool... gotta go and check out that thread before it gets " pulled"

You just know the club will.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:10 AM
Christien
Race Car

Here's the thread:
http://www.pcaucr.org/forum/post.jsp?postid=5084

The offending posts have already been removed, and mine have been edited. You'll notice on July 5 I replied to a ghost by the name of Andy.

There are a lot of details that I don't really want to post in public, (out of respect for UCR - I think they're stuck between a rock and a hard place) but if anyone wants the full scoop, pm me.

Interestingly, there was an article in the paper this morning about the new 997 turbo (oh dear god if only I had and extra $150K!!!). It mentioned that Canadian Porsche "officials" (whatever that is) are upset about the price differential - $170,700 in Canada, $129,900 in the US. It went on to say that, even after exchange and duty, the difference will upset Canadian customers too. So my question is, why would anyone bother buying one in Canada? I'm in Hamilton - to drive the car to Niagara Falls NY for warranty service (nearest US dealership) is only a bit further than DFC, and maybe even closer than Pfaff, so long as I don't get snagged at the border. I'd just go that route.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:51 AM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Christien
Here's the thread:
http://www.pcaucr.org/forum/post.jsp?postid=5084

The offending posts have already been removed, and mine have been edited. You'll notice on July 5 I replied to a ghost by the name of Andy.

There are a lot of details that I don't really want to post in public, (out of respect for UCR - I think they're stuck between a rock and a hard place) but if anyone wants the full scoop, pm me.
yeah it kinda sucks; paying members get censored! Still waiting to see what the prez (Wayne) of PCA UCR replies to all this; it's been more than a month since he wrote that he'd post a statement from DFC, Pfaff or PCNA on this situation.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:58 AM
Christien
Race Car

I wouldn't hold your breath - not because of Wayne, because of the dealerships/PCNA. They seem very reluctant to take an official stance on the issue. I added another post to the thread today suggesting the dealerships stage a town-hall meeting to clear the air and hopefully salvage some of their reputation, after another person yesterday issued a similar challenge. I know some of the people at DFC/Pfaff have seen this thread, so it's not like they're unaware of the situation or anything.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:44 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Hi Christian that was me who issued the challenge... I hate inimidation tactics and that is exactly what this was and you are right . A conference call should be held with all the Canadian dealers, PCNA and the Canadian Club presidents and draft a statement all can agree on.

Quick Reply: PCNA CANCELS ALL WARRANTIES ON US IMPORTS EFFECTIVE JULY 1 and IT'S RETROACTIVE