Notices

importing antique harley to canada

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 09:46 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default importing antique harley to canada

Im importing a 1948 harley panhead bobber to canada. im sure this bike is allowed due to age and manufacturer but i want to send a friend to pick it up. can he bring it across the border for me? or do i have to be there?
Old 07-26-2005, 09:49 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 678 Likes on 449 Posts

The title must be faxed to US customs at the port of entry at least 3 days before the bike is imported to get clearance. Your friend can bring the bike across as long as he has the title and bill of sale in hand. He will have to pay the gst and import fees when he crosses.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:52 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by Zedder
The title must be faxed to US customs at the port of entry at least 3 days before the bike is imported to get clearance. Your friend can bring the bike across as long as he has the title and bill of sale in hand. He will have to pay the gst and import fees when he crosses.
really?? even for an antique? why would i see US customs on the way home? i will only pass thru canadian on the way back.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:59 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

US customs must run the VIN to make sure the bike isn't stolen. This step started about 3 years ago or so. Prior to that. you just showed up at the border with whatever you bought and paid the fees.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:01 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

got to the RIV canada site on the web (www.riv.ca) and read all about the process. Just to clarify, once you get clearance from US customs, you can bring the bike across and see Canadian customs.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:03 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

got to the RIV canada site on the web (www.riv.ca) and read all about the process. Just to clarify, once you get clearance from US customs, you can bring the bike across and see Canadian customs.
thanks
Old 07-27-2005, 12:03 AM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

you sure my friend can bring it across? now im being told by some girl i know who works the border he cant
Old 07-27-2005, 12:10 AM
jgrant
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call the border... don't trust some no-name person on the Internet or "some girl" who works the border (receptionist? agent?) to give you this information. When I brought my car up, they were nice and helpful on the phone 6 weeks before hand.

They also take Visa.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:51 AM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by jgrant
Call the border... don't trust some no-name person on the Internet or "some girl" who works the border (receptionist? agent?) to give you this information. When I brought my car up, they were nice and helpful on the phone 6 weeks before hand.

They also take Visa.
absolutely right

Quick Reply: importing antique harley to canada