Insurance for 993T in Toronto, please help

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 07:16 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Insurance for 993T in Toronto, please help

Hi guys,

Thanks for your help in all the other questions I've brought up, I am slowly working my way through the process of insuring my car here in Toronto. I have gotten some great quotes on insurance from several companies, however when I ask the question if the provider will cancel my insurance if they know I'm going to the track/auto-x, they all have said they will not sell me insurance if I do track events or auto-x.

I do not expect insurance on the track, I will purchase that seperately or self insure, but I have not been able to find a provider that is ok with that. Do any of you have any recommendations of which companies to go to? I have no claims on file, 1 speeding ticket almost two years ago and I'm now 30, which is apparently a good age for insurance.

It would be a shame to be in Toronto and not go to Mosport

Thanks!
Farzaan
Old 07-04-2005, 07:52 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think what most people do is just sign up for any insurence company and track their cars as they want and if something happens on the track they just pay out of their own pockets, don't take this as gospel tho..just narrating what most of the ppl i know do.

another option is that solo insurence that the autox guys were starting, sort of a y car guys, for car guys approach to the situation. it covers any car even if its modded, going to/from and event/ normal daily driving but doesn't work when ur physically on the track, which is understandable and just like most insurence companies.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:57 PM
Stewz-993
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your a nice honest guy. Try being selfish next time. I get mine through one of the banks and have had no issues.

Quick Reply: Insurance for 993T in Toronto, please help