Notices

New Sponsor Introduction...........

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 02:56 PM
YYC930
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Sponsor Introduction...........

Good Morning Fellow Porsche Enthusiasts...........

My name is Keith Sawatsky and I am the owner of Rennsport Calgary Inc.

After lurking here for a year or so as well as the other online Porsche forums I have decided to contribute to the community via the sponsorship of the Canadian section of the board. I feel that Rennlist is the "BEST" Porsche BB on the net...bar none !!

I have been an avid Porsche enthusiast since 1970 when I watched the red Salzburg 917 win the 24 Hours of LeMans in person as an 11 year old kid. (I was an army brat living in Soest, West Germany and convinced my father that a weekend in France to watch the race would be a great family outing.....heh).

Ever since then I haven't been able to get these cars out of my blood.

I'll be posting a little bit of a bio about myself and the company over the coming week (I am just to busy to do so right now).....but in the interim I just wanted to say hello to everyone here and wish you all a great summer driving season !!

Cheers.....!!

Last edited by YYC930; 06-13-2005 at 10:32 PM.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:02 PM
The DareDevil
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Keith!

Thank you!
Old 06-13-2005, 09:48 PM
Bill 86.5 928s
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hello Keith....And thank-you for sponsoring our board...Bill
Old 06-14-2005, 09:50 PM
fryd
Burning Brakes

Welcome!
Old 06-14-2005, 10:02 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Welcome and thanks - you do have a great selection of cars in stock!

Marc
Old 06-15-2005, 01:13 PM
KLZ
Racer

Wink

hello Keith
Old 06-16-2005, 03:32 PM
R6XTERRA
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello Keith. Welcome.

Jeff
Old 07-07-2005, 08:17 PM
YYC930
Three Wheelin'

Thank you for the welcome !!

Hello Ken.....hope all is well with you !!! My client is enjoying what was once your GT3......

As promised I said I'd post a little bit about myself as an introduction.......so here yah go......I'm a 45 year old car nut.......starting flogging chariots back in 1989 for the local BMW dealer and became salesman of the year in my first season. I used my comissions from delivering 6 of the new BMW 850i coupes in one month to buy my first 911.....a 1971 911E that had been converted to Weber carbs......gawed I still miss that car.....

In 1992 I lucked out and got the job as the sales manager of South Centre Fine Cars (they are still the Porsche dealer here in Calgary) and worked there for three years. That was back when Porsche Canada was lucky to deliver 125 new cars a year in the entire country (30 here in Calgary) and times were tough......the 964 was out and soon to be replaced by the 993.......which I sold for one year. The Turbo 3.6 was my favorite car....I sold two of the 14 or so that Canada received...one to Larry Ryckman, the former owner of the Calgary Stampeder's football club and a stock market player of some repute (depending on whose paper you read).....and the other one is still here in the original owner's garage to this date and not for sale. It has 17 kms and looks new....just like the day he picked it up.

Spent the next decade selling MB's and used Porsches as the Porsche/VW store went into a soft receivership and was sold......I figured an offer from the MB store beats not knowing if your job at Porsche is going to be around....let alone as lucrative under new owners...etc...etc.....

Been in business for myself and am in my second year now......working 8 days a week and 25 hours a day....heh.....but never been happier. I've got a $1MM line to operate with so I am not a big dealer......but specializing in Porsches you don't have to be.

Feel free to e-mail me or PM me if you have any questions about anything Porsche related.......I sublet my showroom from my partner in the building and have their Porsche service facility with over 50 years of dealership experience to draw from, as well as my 17+ years of personal ownership and sales experience with Porsches.

And.....if you want to sell your car......I am a ready buyer anytime.

See you around......

Cheers.....!!!

Keith

Quick Reply: New Sponsor Introduction...........