Notices

Dyno in Vancouver?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 05:01 PM
jgrant
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno in Vancouver?

Anyone have any experience putting their car on a dyno in Vancouver?

I'd be interested in any insight anyone can give on who can do it, potential costs, experiences, etc.

...jeff
Old 01-17-2005, 09:07 AM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Jeff, a bunch of us rennlist/944 guys did a dyno day down at RPM (Racs Performance Motorsports) CarbConn down in Seattle area a couple years ago, and plan on doing it again this spring, probably.

It was $90 usd per car, and I actually got to do runs with my car bone stock, and another run a few hours later after installing new chip/boost upgrade. The guys were very accomodating and professional. They let us drive the car up on the dyno and do everything in car ourselves, as they did all the outside setup and tie downs and computer work for us. Driving at the car on a dyno in 5th gear at redline 6800RPM with the speedo showing 170mph is an experience....

Locally, the vancouver ricer-boy crowd from revscene.net did a Dyno Day on Sept25th at Kinetic Motorsports here in Van. (surrey) They paid $45 for two 10min runs HP/Torque graphs w/ AF ratios but no car specific tuning. It went well. Maybe we could do a rennlist-one there as well.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:29 AM
jgrant
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rich-

Thanks! I'd really like to do a run sometime this spring, as nobody can tell me exactly what's been done to my car, they just know that it's got some extra stuff beyond stock. (Variable boost to 1.4 bar, a mysterious "black box" that appears to do gas mixture control at high boost, etc.). This was all done by DP in 1982, and nobody has any docs or idea what was done.

I'd be into doing the Seattle thing this spring, so count me in.

...jeff
Old 01-17-2005, 12:06 PM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

awsome!
Old 01-19-2005, 04:51 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Id be game for one at Kinetic, seeing as it IS 10 minutes if that from my house