Notices

Good Experience at PCO for Service

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2024, 11:47 AM
pfitzsim
Burning Brakes

Received 186 Likes on 132 Posts

Couldn’t agree more. I remember being on a sales call at Sobeys office in Stellarton, NS and as I was waiting in the reception area a guy in jeans (not the designer variety) and a leather jacket came over and introduced himself and we talked for a few mins. It was Paul Sobey, and although I don’t know his personal net worth I do know for sure it’s a lot more than mine is!!!!
Old 05-06-2024, 09:45 AM
997turbocab
Burning Brakes

Received 184 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeRock
Different brand, but I walked into a BMW dealer in my late 20's wearing jeans and a tee shirt, and the sales guy threw me the keys to a 330Ci for a test drive and didn't even go witth me. Been his customer for 20+ years now, and have purchased 10+ cars and a motorcycle from them in that time. Sales guys should never judge a book by its cover; that's such a rookie move.

Funny that you've had good experiences at BMW. I've always had the opposite. First time I ever went into a BMW dealer I am pretty sure I was invisible. Sure I was 20 but Lexus treated great, and got them 5 sales over the course of like 7 years lol

I still have the same issue at Range Rover, Hence why we will probably never get one. Not to mention the one time we did actually get a test drive we were pretty underwhelmed.

Porsche has always been great, every dealership we've been at and bought cars from have treated my wife and I, and four kids amazingly.
Old 05-06-2024, 10:18 AM
JoeRock
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 997turbocab
Funny that you've had good experiences at BMW. I've always had the opposite. First time I ever went into a BMW dealer I am pretty sure I was invisible. Sure I was 20 but Lexus treated great, and got them 5 sales over the course of like 7 years lol

I still have the same issue at Range Rover, Hence why we will probably never get one. Not to mention the one time we did actually get a test drive we were pretty underwhelmed.

Porsche has always been great, every dealership we've been at and bought cars from have treated my wife and I, and four kids amazingly.
I was at Audi Oakville 2 years ago, and was completely ignored by both reception and the "sales team". Employees were slouched in their chairs and staring at their phones. I think I was the only customer there. Lol. Anyway, I left and bought the car from Audi Hamilton. I've actually had the same dismal treatment at a Honda dealer, so I don't think it's brand dependant, it's more likely bad hiring practices.

Old 05-06-2024, 10:31 AM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 735 Likes on 478 Posts

As a follow up to my initial post. The discussion that I had with John Green at PCO was initiated by him. He walked over and said hi to me and my daughter. He said, "you're the air cooled guy, right?". We started talking about 911's and I actually ended up ordering a 992 from him last week. I wasn't even looking for one! Anyway, sometimes it just takes a friendly hello to spark a conversation that leads to a sale.

Renderings from Porsche's "Track your dream" came in this morning

The following 4 users liked this post by Onami:
bcrdukes (05-06-2024), RDMcG (05-06-2024), RealityGT (05-06-2024), SToronto (05-06-2024)
Old 05-06-2024, 01:43 PM
RonnyC
Instructor

Received 122 Likes on 70 Posts

Congrats!

Some people, however, prefer not to have a sales rep approach them.... Personally, I like to be left alone and if I wish to speak to someone I ask reception.
Old 05-06-2024, 01:50 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,050 Likes on 747 Posts

I was at Audi Oakville 2 years ago, and was completely ignored by both reception and the "sales team". Employees were slouched in their chairs and staring at their phones. I think I was the only customer there. Lol. Anyway, I left and bought the car from Audi Hamilton. I've actually had the same dismal treatment at a Honda dealer, so I don't think it's brand dependant, it's more likely bad hiring practices.
i would love that .. i'm not a princess, i don't want to be bothered by sales associates, i get some people like the pampering but i'm much more pragmatic, if i have a question , they are sitting right there and i love it. I dont need some guy yapping in my ear while im trying to look at a car

i absolutely hate being " sold to"

to each his own i guess.

i am at oakville Audi all the time as i have had 4 Audis over the year .. and love their approach really ..
Old 05-06-2024, 02:05 PM
JoeRock
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Bet you wish dealers had a self-checkout, like a grocery store. lol. Don't need to be offered 'still or sparkling', but at least a greeting by reception would have been good. Some folks are happy with the decline of customer service in the retail space, I guess. Most people are perfectly capable of saying 'just looking for now', but you should at least be given the opportunity to do so. I don't know, if I owned a dealership I don't think the instructions to my staff would be to try to look completely disinterested in your job and ignore everyone. This was during Covid though, and now that there is more supply than demand maybe things have changed.
The following users liked this post:
RealityGT (05-06-2024)
Old 05-06-2024, 02:09 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

I like the "Hello, can I help you with anything?" greeting. I respond, "No, thank you". Then they say, "OK, I'll be around the showroom if you need assistance". No pressure and I have a contact should I need it.
Old 05-06-2024, 02:25 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Onami
I like the "Hello, can I help you with anything?" greeting. I respond, "No, thank you". Then they say, "OK, I'll be around the showroom if you need assistance". No pressure and I have a contact should I need it.
yup , i like this too ...

I don't need to "feel the love" Just let me look .. nothing drives me out of a store faster than being " casually followed" in any store . US i find TERRIBLE for this.

Old 05-06-2024, 02:28 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by theiceman
yup , i like this too ...

I don't need to "feel the love" Just let me look .. nothing drives me out of a store faster than being " casually followed" in any store . US i find TERRIBLE for this.
Agree...hate the stalkers!
Old 05-06-2024, 02:28 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Bet you wish dealers had a self-checkout, like a grocery store. lol. Don't need to be offered 'still or sparkling', but at least a greeting by reception would have been good. Some folks are happy with the decline of customer service in the retail space, I guess. Most people are perfectly capable of saying 'just looking for now', but you should at least be given the opportunity to do so. I don't know, if I owned a dealership I don't think the instructions to my staff would be to try to look completely disinterested in your job and ignore everyone. This was during Covid though, and now that there is more supply than demand maybe things have changed.
it doesnt bother me .. i'm an adult, i can ask if i need something. But i do get that people dropping 100K+ on a car want to be made to feel special ..im just saying it doesnt bother me and i prefer it that way .

Quick Reply: Good Experience at PCO for Service