Notices

944 Parts and engine

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 01:27 PM
adie
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 944 Parts and engine

At some point, after I move house and settle in, and after I get my UK car registered and on the road here I'm going to destroy my 944 standard car as I'm after putting a northstar engine in it's place, a compleate rework of the rest of the car and I'll have the start of a new race car, this will mean taking the old engine out, so if any one is heading the way of needing another engine or finds the belt going on there car, i will be more than happy to sell them a reliable engine, it's not a S2, turbo or anything else, it's just a good solid 2.7. It's an auto and although I have had a bit of fun in the snow it has not been very abused, it was babied before me and only came out of the garage on hot days, I still chat to the owner and he had the belt and pump changed 2 years ago (180 km by his records, and I have no reason to doubt him as he has nothing to gain by fibbing) the engine has been trouble free and not burned any oil, it was used daily through winter and is only now being parked up as the realisation of trying to move a king size mattress requires a bigger car. I got it from Ikea to home but I'll be buggered ig I get it to Collingwood like that. Anyhow the engine has also had new leads (BERU OEM ones and a cap and rotor, plugs. Oil change and antifreeze replacement in the last 10 months, needless to say it will be compleate with DME, Fuel injection and exhaust.
Also being shipped from the UK is a couple of doors that 'were' in good condition, I don't know what they will look like after a trip across the ocean but I had space in the container so in they went. There is also a cuple of good starter motors and alternators and a fairly new charging wireing loom as an engine mount went on one of my cars and it pulled the wires untill they broke. There is also some door windows and various other bits on there way over so if any one needs bits it's worth dropping me a mail, especially when it's 2am and you need the car for the morning (yes I've been there).
Old 05-25-2004, 03:54 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Adie ... don't need what you have offered right now. Only thing I need is two front seats as mine are starting to get ripped in the bolsters.

Jaak Lepson

jaak.lepson@pcaucr.org
Old 05-25-2004, 07:41 PM
adie
Pro

No no, they do that in the show room for you on new cars now so you don't have to wonder how much that is going to cast to put right, i believe it's a recall on early cars with intact seats
Old 05-26-2004, 02:02 AM
zehnd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Euro bumpers? Front and back.
Old 05-26-2004, 03:09 PM
adie
Pro

Sorry, I'm not breaking my car, the one the engine is comming out of is going to have a northstar going back in, I didn't have time to grab a few bumpers but if I go back I will have a quick look around the breakers. They should fit in a snowboard bag so getting them back shouldn't be a problem. i wouldn't hold your breath though, I think it will be some time.
Old 05-26-2004, 04:24 PM
P.Po
Instructor

Adie,

I may be interested in your motor and bits. How much do you want to sell everything for? (I don't need the transmission.)

-Patrick
Old 05-26-2004, 05:05 PM
adie
Pro

As long as teh status of the engine doesn't change then it will all go for $500, you can of course hear and drive it and do any test you like to it, however it will be once I have moved as I need to keep the car usable for a while, my husband does not like to drive the van all the time so I need to wait until the cars arive from the UK untill I prize the keys out of his hands.
Old 05-27-2004, 04:24 PM
P.Po
Instructor

Adie,

I will take that engine and parts off your hands. Please contact me at:

poip@sympatico.ca

I would like to arrange some kind of commitment that I am first in line when you get the parts out. I would not object to leave you a deposit on agreed terms. I don't mind waiting a while either.

Regards,
Patrick Parato

Quick Reply: 944 Parts and engine