Notices

Wheel powder coater? Need a referral please!

Old 02-26-2020, 05:31 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,001 Likes on 710 Posts

Originally Posted by Imo000
You want good work for dirt cheap? Look no further than the Mennonites near Elmira.
Simeon B. Martin Manufacturing https://directory.wellington.ca/Home...-manufacturing
I kid you not, they have done some powder coating for me and the works was really good, quick and the price was half than the next cheapest. They do anything from rims to full truck frames to whatever you bring them. They did my son't go cart frame and also did a bunch of parts for my brother's road testing machine.
hey stop giving away our secret suppliers

Old 02-26-2020, 06:39 PM
triggz82
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Adamant1971
Talk to John at Union Rim. He did 3 sets for me last year and all were totally flawless. I will be going back soon with another set, yes I have a wheel addiction. LOL

Cost was about $600 per set.

Internationalunion@gmail.com
+1 for John @ Union. One of my rims was slightly scratched on handling when I went to pick it up and he immediately took it back and redid it. I also had a tire balancing issue after he mounted them for me which he did his best to solve (ended up being a tire issue, not rim).
Old 02-26-2020, 08:16 PM
lowbee
Rennlist Member

Received 353 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by afflux
I'm currently having a set done for $400 all-in at Coateza. There aren't any reviews on them so I am taking a bit of a gamble, but I'll update when I get them back,
$400 is very affordable, what does that get you ? Powder coat and curb rash repair all in ?
When do you pick them up ? Do report back with pix please ?
The following users liked this post:
Coop (02-26-2020)
Old 02-26-2020, 11:31 PM
petee_c
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

You want good work for dirt cheap? Look no further than the Mennonites near Elmira.
Simeon B. Martin Manufacturing https://directory.wellington.ca/Home...-manufacturing
I kid you not, they have done some powder coating for me and the works was really good, quick and the price was half than the next cheapest. They do anything from rims to full truck frames to whatever you bring them. They did my son't go cart frame and also did a bunch of parts for my brother's road testing machine.
? any color as long as it's black?
Old 02-27-2020, 10:51 AM
strathconaman
Three Wheelin'

Received 200 Likes on 129 Posts

I had rims done at Union Rim 3 years ago. They finish was so bad they had to redo them. Even the redos were just OK. QC doesn't seem to be their strong point.
Old 02-27-2020, 11:02 AM
afflux
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by lowbee
$400 is very affordable, what does that get you ? Powder coat and curb rash repair all in ?
Everything is included, according to their ad.
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details...dId=1483823373

I anticipate that I'll get them back in a week or so, will report back with the results then.
Old 02-27-2020, 12:21 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 336 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by petee_c
? any color as long as it's black?

Bahaha! Nah, they have a pretty good colour selection.
Old 02-27-2020, 12:29 PM
uniquenamehere
Burning Brakes

Received 116 Likes on 81 Posts

Interesting... how much is dirt cheap? I have some track wheels that I wouldn't mind getting powder coated...
Old 02-27-2020, 01:34 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 336 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by uniquenamehere
Interesting... how much is dirt cheap? I have some track wheels that I wouldn't mind getting powder coated...
You will have to call and ask them but they media blasted and powder coated my son's go kart frame for $200 2 years ago.
Old 03-14-2020, 08:09 PM
afflux
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by lowbee
I just picked up my wheels from Coateza and I'm very satisfied with the result. Took about three weeks - $400 all in for dismount, stripping, powder, mount/balance new tires. He was even kind enough to spray the wing uprights for me. Highly recommend.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wheel powder coater? Need a referral please!