Notices

Carbon Tax

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 08:53 PM
reacp911
Burning Brakes

Received 336 Likes on 216 Posts
Default Carbon Tax

My wife tells me that there were carbon tax protesters on a highway 401 overpass today. I wonder if these were paid tory hacks. After all, this tax is only 4.4cents per litre, and we've already gotten a $231 rebate before the tax is even a month old. This $231 will cover all my gas AND natural gas CAI costs for a year.

The other day I paid over $1.50 for premium, so someone is gouging. It's likely trumps Iran sanctions, but no tory would ever protest that.
Old 05-04-2019, 09:23 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 234 Likes on 157 Posts

Another economic illiterate. I'm not going to comment further on the stupidity of anyone thinking they're coming out ahead on this aspect of the climate change fraud.
Old 05-05-2019, 01:03 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

carbon tax is a money grab to those who have no alternative. govt theft.
Old 05-06-2019, 01:49 PM
Muskoka
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 88 Posts

Yup, the government should just do nothing. Not try to get companies to pay for the damage they do to the environment. Climate change is a hoax. Rising water levels are an illusion. Melting polar ice caps are a liberal conspiracy. /sarcasm

Old 05-06-2019, 02:00 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Muskoka
Yup, the government should just do nothing. Not try to get companies to pay for the damage they do to the environment. Climate change is a hoax. Rising water levels are an illusion. Melting polar ice caps are a liberal conspiracy. /sarcasm

Compaines that have been paying high rates of corperate taxes and high taxes on fossil fuels to date shouldnt have to pay a "sin tax" on carbon for something that is out of their control. The technology dosnt exist. There is no alternative.
Meanwhile, what does the government do with all the taxes they have been charging on fossil fuel for the last 40 years?

Climate change is happening regardless. Since the ice age. Now fear mongering scienctists are considered gospel to all the sheep of the world.
Yes, there is a problem. Air quality suffers and we need to get out of the fossil fuel era, however we are not there yet and taxing people is not the answer for developing alternive technology.
Old 05-06-2019, 02:20 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Too late anyways and money is not gona solve it. Just money grabbing and fear mongering as per usual.
Old 05-06-2019, 02:36 PM
Muskoka
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
Compaines that have been paying high rates of corperate taxes and high taxes on fossil fuels to date shouldnt have to pay a "sin tax" on carbon for something that is out of their control. The technology dosnt exist. There is no alternative.
Meanwhile, what does the government do with all the taxes they have been charging on fossil fuel for the last 40 years?

Climate change is happening regardless. Since the ice age. Now fear mongering scienctists are considered gospel to all the sheep of the world.
Yes, there is a problem. Air quality suffers and we need to get out of the fossil fuel era, however we are not there yet and taxing people is not the answer for developing alternive technology.
You really believe that climate change hasn't accelerated since the industrial revolution?

As for the other comment on "it's too late." Come on man...
Old 05-06-2019, 02:48 PM
997turbocab
Burning Brakes

Received 178 Likes on 124 Posts

Canada as a whole in terms of the what we emit compared the rest of the world is negligible. If you really wanted to save the world stop buying products from the worst offenders of pollution.....

I'll tell you right now we won't. It's like switching to ridiculous paper straws in a giant plastic cup lol.

Tell me exactly how an extra tax is going to save the world?....It isn't stopping people from using vehicles, producing products etc.

That's my biggest issue with the tax, it's just taking more money, now making people or companies consume less, spend less, drive less etc.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:39 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts

This was debated in another thread a few weeks ago. Why the F are we starting a new one?
Old 05-06-2019, 03:47 PM
strathconaman
Three Wheelin'

Received 201 Likes on 130 Posts

Where's Thanos when you need him?
Old 05-06-2019, 05:53 PM
Receiver
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ronnie993tt
Another economic illiterate. I'm not going to comment further on the stupidity of anyone thinking they're coming out ahead on this aspect of the climate change fraud.
+1 Attaboy Ronnie.
Old 05-06-2019, 11:14 PM
reacp911
Burning Brakes

Received 336 Likes on 216 Posts

My apologies if there was another thread on this issue.

I think something fishy is going on. I knew the carbon tax was starting in April, and I noticed that I was paying another 25 cents or so per litre. I thought this was the carbon tax until I found out that the carbon tax was only 4.4 cents per litre and is revenue neutral for most people because of the rebate.

I've been around for a while, and I've never heard of a "pro-pollution" protest, especially on one so harmless as 4.4 cents. Also, very fishy. Ford's handling of this tax is very dishonest, but Trudeau is doing a poor job of selling it.

Old 05-06-2019, 11:26 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by reacp911
My apologies if there was another thread on this issue.

I think something fishy is going on. I knew the carbon tax was starting in April, and I noticed that I was paying another 25 cents or so per litre. I thought this was the carbon tax until I found out that the carbon tax was only 4.4 cents per litre and is revenue neutral for most people because of the rebate.

I've been around for a while, and I've never heard of a "pro-pollution" protest, especially on one so harmless as 4.4 cents. Also, very fishy. Ford's handling of this tax is very dishonest, but Trudeau is doing a poor job of selling it.

Funny that last photo... This is a good read https://www.motherjones.com/environm...ildren-health/
Old 05-07-2019, 02:29 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Muskoka
You really believe that climate change hasn't accelerated since the industrial revolution?

As for the other comment on "it's too late." Come on man...

It has accelerated but to what extent is hard to really say, science or no science.
I would say the climate was changing to the point where it is today regardless give or take 100 years.

It is not like climate change can be stopped or slowed down.
All we can really do is practice better alternatives and strive for clean air.
Old 05-07-2019, 11:29 AM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Received 169 Likes on 89 Posts

If it wasn't for global warming we'd all be crushed under a kilometer of ice right now.

Politicians of all walks are the same. They need our tax money to give to the sheep to buy votes and look like they are doing something important when they give us 10% back.

Can you believe the asking prices of GT2RS's in Canada?

This is the politically incorrect forum isn't it?

Quick Reply: Carbon Tax