Notices

Carbon Tax

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2019, 11:44 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,021 Likes on 726 Posts

bottom line is governments will always think of new excuses to take your money.. and tell you its good for you ..
Old 05-07-2019, 07:27 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 241 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
bottom line is governments will always think of new excuses to take your money.. and tell you its good for you ..
….or in this case try to scare the electorate into emptying their pockets with an imaginary end of the world scenario.
Old 05-08-2019, 04:34 PM
Muskoka
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 88 Posts

I get that the traditional Porsche driver is more conservative than most, but I didn't expect so many Climate Change deniers in one spot. The defeatist attitude of "it doesn't matter", "we can't do anything about it" or "we're not the big polluters, that's china/india" just contribute to the problem. For one person to act like this doesn't really matter, but that attitude across the entire population is going to cause long-term issues.

As a society, we can work in the right direction. We can use these tax dollars to fund green technologies. We can hold our politicians to greener policies.

Now, I'll brace for the backlash...
The following users liked this post:
reacp911 (03-28-2021)
Old 05-08-2019, 04:40 PM
997turbocab
Burning Brakes

Received 178 Likes on 124 Posts

LOL...but Al Gore said 30 years ago that we only have 12 years left. So The way I see it is we are living on borrowed time so we should just enjoy it. The less the government takes of my money the more I can spend on cars lol
Old 05-08-2019, 05:59 PM
Whiplash_89
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Muskoka
I get that the traditional Porsche driver is more conservative than most, but I didn't expect so many Climate Change deniers in one spot. The defeatist attitude of "it doesn't matter", "we can't do anything about it" or "we're not the big polluters, that's china/india" just contribute to the problem. For one person to act like this doesn't really matter, but that attitude across the entire population is going to cause long-term issues.

As a society, we can work in the right direction. We can use these tax dollars to fund green technologies. We can hold our politicians to greener policies.

I feel like if you want to do this with your money, more power to you. But I want no part of it. Not that I have a choice ATM.
Old 05-08-2019, 06:09 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,021 Likes on 726 Posts

i dont think any of us are saying climate change isn't a problem , well except for Ronnie but lets face it , he is Rennlist Canada's Gollum.

But i think what we are trying to say is taking peoples money isn't going to fix it.
Old 05-08-2019, 06:19 PM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 498 Likes on 266 Posts

Lol

Old 05-08-2019, 08:50 PM
vern1
Drifting

Received 104 Likes on 70 Posts

Great, now you've got the wackos from OT chiming in. I didnt pay to keep my membership going just so i could avoid them and their vortex of insanity

Muskoka I agree with you. But as you have seen and will continue to see, everyone wants to criticize and complain but no one wants to offer alternative solutions if they dont like the current ones. And god help anyone who asks you to contribute your hard earned dollars (even if you are going to get it back)

As I said in the other thread, arguing with climate deniers is like arguing with anti-vaxers, a complete waste of time. Let them take it to OT where all the rest of the BS resides
Old 05-08-2019, 11:55 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Muskoka

you say deniers and we say climate dreamers.

if you believe tax dollars and politicians can solve problems then you probably believe in santa claus...
Old 05-09-2019, 11:18 AM
reacp911
Burning Brakes

Received 342 Likes on 218 Posts

For Porsche drivers, there's another reason to get gas guzzlers off the highways. Driving behind one of these big pickup trucks is like driving behind a wall. Having a RAM (it up your ***) fill up your rear view mirror is not fun either.

If people can use pickup trucks and excursions as daily drivers, the price of fuel is way too low.

Also, the climate deniers don't seem to have any trouble with gas company gouging, which is one of the things I pointed out in the first place.

Last edited by reacp911; 05-09-2019 at 08:36 PM.
Old 05-09-2019, 01:57 PM
997turbocab
Burning Brakes

Received 178 Likes on 124 Posts

Just buy shares in the Gas companies, Then at lest you get a return on your investment lol

Pick up trucks have come a long way in terms of fuel economy. My F150 almost get the same fuel economy as Mario Andretti...I mean my wife in our Pilot.

The fact that the government has to give consumers tax breaks to buy electric shows me it doesn't make sense. If Tesla was so great everyone would just go buy one....or the Chevy Volt. Have you seen the mining required to make the stupid batteries in those cars? Nobody wants to look at the facts.
Old 05-09-2019, 02:06 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 345 Posts

I’m doing my bit and only driving one car at a time.

Quick Reply: Carbon Tax