Notices

Woo Hoo! It's carbon tax day.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 09:36 PM
Nate Tempest
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by vern1
Arguing with anti-climate change people is like arguing with anti-vaxers - completely useless waste of time.
For the most part yeah, but I had nothing better to do, so I figured putting some correct information out there might help someone on the margin. It's entirely knowable that climate change is happening and is due to greenhouse gasses being added to the atmosphere by human activity. I'm not going to convince someone who firmly believes that's impossible for some reason, but maybe those who have just heard those arguments second hand can be swayed by facts.
Old 04-05-2019, 11:43 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 128 Posts

I love Trudeau z he's our savoir , the best
Old 04-06-2019, 12:13 AM
Nate Tempest
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gregster
I love Trudeau z he's our savoir , the best
If only that were actually the case! As a supporter of most of the high level Liberal platform, I'd be happy if they could even manage to implement it semi-competently with minimal scandal. Apparently even that is a lot to ask.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:22 AM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsches
Carbon in the atmosphere is simply trees that are now in the air. Carbon cannot be created. It’s just moved around. There’s never been any more carbon and there will never be any more carbon then there is now. If you want to reduce carbon in the atmosphere, plant trees. When we burn gasoline that’s burning carbon and putting it into the atmosphere. We all understand that. Electrification is a solution. But only if that electricity comes from solar or wind or Water.
Yes this is true except a lot of these threes died a long time ago, before bacteria that broke them down evolved and therefore got locked underground and turned into coal. Or the animals that ate them and died turned into the crude oil. All this carbon was locked in and was out of the standard cycle of the environment......then humans came along and start burning this up. This is where the extra carbon and everything else that goes with it is comes from.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:40 AM
997turbocab
Burning Brakes

Received 178 Likes on 124 Posts

Don't Cows produce Co2?,.,,,,LETS KILL THEM ALL!!! or does that only work for cars? I'm still trying to get my liberal analogies straight.
Old 04-10-2019, 05:42 PM
Whiplash_89
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure if they could tax a cow they would.
Old 04-11-2019, 01:47 AM
Nate Tempest
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 997turbocab
Don't Cows produce Co2?,.,,,,LETS KILL THEM ALL!!! or does that only work for cars? I'm still trying to get my liberal analogies straight.
No one is suggesting either of those things. This kind of hyperbole really doesn't seem productive to me.
Old 04-11-2019, 04:26 PM
Bahama
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by wc11
100% tax ? State owned cars? Like Cuba, China & North Korea ? Where do I sign up?
So when we have autonomous cars in 10, 20, 30 whatever years when we no longer even own cars, then what will they tax?
AIR!!!! Remember the Schwarzenegger movie, "Total Recall" ?
Trudeau, "Conzider dis a diworce"

Quick Reply: Woo Hoo! It's carbon tax day.