Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 09:08 PM
Jarod964
Banned

Received 155 Likes on 80 Posts
Default JOIN US: NIAGRA FALLS TO NYC ROAD TRIP - May 30 - June 3 2019

NIAGRA FALLS TO NYC ROAD TRIP - May 30 - June 3 2019
5-day car enthusiast road trip across New York State and back

Summary: This is a 5-day, 1900km road trip through some of New York’s best backroads. We will be making stops at several state parks, Watkins Glen International Raceway, and will be spending a day in New York City. Some NY locals will also be joining us at our destination for a group meetup/drive. We’ve never organized anything like this before so please bare with us through the learning curve, but there’s no reason we can’t share this trip with other enthusiasts!

This is not your typical supercar rally. We are a group of friends who weren’t interested in the reckless driving, police attention, nightly partying, high cost, and intrusive stickers generally found with these events. So many people have voiced interest in our little road trip, we’ve decided to open it to the public. This will be a slower-paced trip (only 4-5 hours of driving each day) that allows time to stop and enjoy our surroundings (but don’t worry, we still have some great spirited backroads to be enjoyed). With the help of several generous Rennlister’s we’ve carefully selected the best route for some of the most enjoyable spirited driving in the area and some incredible scenery. Participants will be given a detailed route package each day and may choose to drive with the group, or take their own route to each destination.

Cost: As of right now, the cost of this trip for 1 driver and 1 co-pilot is $1399 USD. Bring a friend and this works out to $699/person. That said, if we reach a high enough number of registrants we will qualify for some group discounts which will be passed along - so tell your friends. This covers hotel accommodations each night, guarded overnight parking, breakfast, parade laps at Watkins Glen, detailed route package, online photo album, and a couple other goodies. There might be more added to this as we approach the date. You are responsible for your own fuel, food/drink, tolls, state park entry, and any additional activities/upgrades you choose. PAYMENT IS DUE BY APRIL 15TH and is non-refundable. Additional minor discounts on cost are available for solo drivers, and certain features can be stripped out to lessen cost (downgrade hotel room, lose breakfast buffet, etc).

How to Apply: If you’re interested in joining us, please leave a comment below or DM me with your email address. Include your name, location, and the year/make/model of your car. We are not limiting this to just Porsche’s (though it is certainly a Porsche-dominant group), but only cars that suit the character of the trip will be considered. Limited spots available, first come, first served - we are trying to keep it a fairly tight knit/manageable crowd. REGISTRATION CLOSES APRIL 1ST (this allows us to generate final adjusted cost based on number of attendants).

Itinerary:
Day 1: We start our trip Thursday morning in Niagra (Canadians will meet on Canada side - we will regroup and meet up with American participants stateside), where we make our way towards Watkins Glen State Park. You will have a few hours to grab lunch, hangout, and explore the park before we head to Watkins Glen International Raceway where the group will partake in a few parade laps of the famous racetrack, followed by a group photo at the finish line. From there we head to our hotel in Binghampton NY where we spend the night.

Day 2: Our second day starts at the hotel with a complimentary breakfast buffet before we head to New Jersey via some breathtaking twisty backroads (inc. Hawks Nest Highway). We will be staying at a luxury hotel on the Hudson, just across the river from Manhattan (this is the best option to avoid bringing the cars into NYC). Parking is included, as is access to the hotels VIP club lounge. NYC is a 5 minute Ferry ride across the river from the front steps of the hotel - some may choose to go into the city for the evening, some may choose to relax/enjoy dinner at the hotel.

Day 3: Saturday is a full day in NYC where you’re free to head into the city and spend time as you wish. A generous Rennlister has invited us to his Gelato bar in Manhattan for complimentary treats in the afternoon.

Day 4: Sunday starts bright & early and will consist of some more incredible backroad driving through state parks. We are also planning to meet with some local enthusiasts for lunch and a cruise. Depending on scheduling allowances, we may also make a visit to the Greenwich Concours D’Elegance which is on for the weekend. We’ll spend the night in Binghampton again (same as first night).

Day 5: Day 5 will be a slower paced day. We’ll depart from the hotel in the morning for a 3hr drive to Rochester with a couple stops on the way. After lunch in Rochester we’ll head back towards Buffalo where our trip comes to an end!

A taste of our eclectic group

Watkins Glen State Park

Part of our route

Another part of our route (Hawks Nest Highway)

One of the state parks on our itinerary

View from our hotel
Old 03-12-2019, 12:51 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 114 Likes on 86 Posts

Send you a DM with my email.

Was going to do TOD with Viper club but this is more appealing...NYC and all...
Old 03-12-2019, 03:04 PM
carguy88
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Too bad I will already be on a road trip otherwise I would be all over this. Enjoy!
Old 03-12-2019, 07:49 PM
Jarod964
Banned

Originally Posted by LastMezger
Send you a DM with my email.

Was going to do TOD with Viper club but this is more appealing...NYC and all...
Will send you an email in the next couple days with more details! Thanks
Old 03-12-2019, 07:52 PM
Jarod964
Banned

So far trip is looking great. We have a 964 C4, 1970 911 3.6L Outlaw, E30 BMW, modified Mercedes SL, Viper ACR, 964 C2 Targa, and supercharged C5 corvette all with their names on the list. If we can fill a few more spots the price will drop with group discounts.
Old 04-01-2019, 08:44 PM
Jarod964
Banned

Bump - allowing a couple more days for any last people interested before booking final numbers with the hotels.
Old 04-21-2019, 02:32 PM
browse964
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Is there any chance of opening registration for one more car?

sounds like a great trip....
Old 04-21-2019, 03:30 PM
Jarod964
Banned

Originally Posted by browse964
Is there any chance of opening registration for one more car?

sounds like a great trip....
I think we can probably make it work with one more, but I can't guarantee pricing will be the same as hotels have already been booked. Let me see what I can do. I will send you a DM.

Quick Reply: JOIN US: NIAGRA FALLS TO NYC ROAD TRIP - May 30 - June 3 2019