Notices

47 Days

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 03:44 PM
gartzspeed
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 47 Days

That's my hopeful target to be back on the road and not worrying about needing a new rim from the potholes of winter.

But, I am starting to wonder if this snow is going to put a delay on that date.

Someone just lie to me and say everything will be alright and for sure we will all be back on the road no later than the 15th of April
Old 02-27-2019, 04:47 PM
FoggyNeutron
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

March 28th snow melted lots of rain a week before to wash the salt away . PS a farmer told me so
Old 02-27-2019, 09:28 PM
Scotty2H
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Don't despair, "experts" forecast a furious onset of spring weather .

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/mobile/d...ther-1.4311800
Old 03-01-2019, 10:50 AM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 287 Likes on 198 Posts

You guys should get into some winter sports instead of agonizing over how many days are left. Just saying .....
Old 03-01-2019, 11:10 AM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by 911 Rod
You guys should get into some winter sports instead of agonizing over how many days are left. Just saying .....

Yup, getting a snowmobile makes you look at winter in a totally different way.
Old 03-01-2019, 11:00 PM
rileyracing1
Three Wheelin'

Received 386 Likes on 275 Posts

April 15th are you kidding even if it's 80+ and sunny ...The city (Toronto in particular) will not even be near close to filling the gizillion potholes let alone actually properly repairing our ever decaying roads. Do you remember the days in the late 70's early to mid 80's when the roads and highways were actually quite good and you had to drive to Buffalo to experience roads the we have today. Starting in early April you would see endless crews from the city and contracted pavers resurfacing entire roads not just chucking in some loose asphalt like they do today and having "PR" Tory on Tv telling us everything looks great. I barely take my motorcycle out anymore due to the horrible roads let alone the ever mind boggling drivers here in the city. Get me out of here !!
Old 03-02-2019, 07:18 AM
Greg981
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by rileyracing1
April 15th are you kidding even if it's 80+ and sunny ...The city (Toronto in particular) will not even be near close to filling the gizillion potholes let alone actually properly repairing our ever decaying roads. Do you remember the days in the late 70's early to mid 80's when the roads and highways were actually quite good and you had to drive to Buffalo to experience roads the we have today. Starting in early April you would see endless crews from the city and contracted pavers resurfacing entire roads not just chucking in some loose asphalt like they do today and having "PR" Tory on Tv telling us everything looks great. I barely take my motorcycle out anymore due to the horrible roads let alone the ever mind boggling drivers here in the city. Get me out of here !!
So glad I live north of the city! Only one year out of the last 15 I've missed April 1st. Country roads begin at the end of mine.
Old 03-02-2019, 09:56 AM
strathconaman
Three Wheelin'

Received 202 Likes on 131 Posts

https://www.northernontariobusiness....earcher-371211

And now you know why. Knowing is half the battle. The other half involves guns.

Originally Posted by rileyracing1

Quick Reply: 47 Days