Notices

Any places to get Fister/Gundo Mod in GTA?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 10:29 AM
twitchett
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Any places to get Fister/Gundo Mod in GTA?

I am looking to have a set of stock mufflers modded with a bypass pipe. Has anyone had this done within the GTA with good results?

Thank you,
Mason
Old 02-21-2019, 04:33 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts

You can get it done in Guelph for under $100 if you take the mufflers off.
Old 02-22-2019, 07:57 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 24 Posts

Tech Tune - 220 Norseman St, Etobicoke

They will take them off and do which ever mod you want and reinstall. They do both Gundo and Fister mod's. Gundo is the extra curved pipe install that replicates the Porsche PSC sound using the capped PSC port (if you didn't get the option). Fister is the mod that connects the input and output pipes together with a short connecting pipe. Fister is the loudest. At WFO its pretty much a muffler bypass as the exhaust gas pressure just takes the shortest route to the outside world. I had the Fister mod done by Tech Tune - it is VERY loud at higher RPM's. Anything under 3K on the dial is fine - nice sound. Get above that and everyone hears you including that OPP officer that pulled me over on the Weston on ramp to the 407 westbound. He actually looked under my car and expected to see some fancy bypass or different cans and let me go with a warning while shaking his head. My bad for not noticing his unmarked 300 when I used what truly is a loud pedal. Great at Mosport - not so great around your block. Its really neat when you do that turn around on Spadina to go back down to get to the Westbound Lakeshore if you come off the Gardner. The echo among the condo's... So a little more sound with a 'burble' on throttle off = Gundo. Full RSR sound wide open = Fister. Don't ask what I paid a few years back, maybe $300 cash? Can't recall. The place is a little low rent but its a muffler shop! Shrug. It took him about 2 hours I recall so walk down to Kipling and find a coffee shop for a while. Have fun.
Old 02-22-2019, 10:14 PM
D.no
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Imo000
You can get it done in Guelph for under $100 if you take the mufflers off.
Which shop in Guelph?
Old 02-23-2019, 10:45 AM
docdrs
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

The Gundo , the simplest, is a straight piece added between the pipes will give you the sound you want. I did it myself and took a template of the bypass piece before I welded it in , I can send you a copy to make things easier. All you have to do is wrap it around your 2” stainless that you buy, mark the pipe,cut it, place it between the 2muffler pipes, mark them ,then cut your holes,then weld them in
Old 02-23-2019, 07:11 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Thats the Fister D mod Doc.

996outpost.com/viewtopic.php?t=346
Old 02-23-2019, 09:25 PM
Cosmo Kramer
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by D.no
Which shop in Guelph?
Pete's Muffler shop in Guelph.

He did the actual Gundo for me (replicates PSE) for $100 a couple of years ago. Sounded amazing.

Old 02-23-2019, 10:34 PM
docdrs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Torontoworker
Thats the Fister D mod Doc.
Unfortunately I believe you are wrong. From Gundo himself. I asked him if he used a straight pipe between the inlet and outlet or a curved pipe.
I got tired of everyone not knowing what was a Gundo,Fister and Hanksville hack.

Cosmo, that’s on a 996 I believe and is more of a Hanksville Hack which does mimic the pse. Gundo did his on a 06 which is a 997 I believe.

Old 02-27-2019, 02:21 AM
Torontoworker
Drifting

I'll tell you that FD Motorsports had been modding Porsche mufflers well before Gundo started. In fact he started up long after when he started offering cheaper hacks than the mod'd and coated ones that FD were offering. If you just Google for a few minutes you will find many, many links and youtube videos ALL identifying the proper modifications. Gundo can claim what he wants as nothing is patient but I only point out these error's so that people don't get one thing expecting another. I could care less WHERE people get the mod done or which one - just use the proper lexicon so people who want to get a muffler hacks, get the right one.
Old 02-27-2019, 10:51 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

i have the Pfaff Sport Exhaust, its awesome!
Old 02-28-2019, 01:45 AM
docdrs
Rennlist Member

I'll tell you that FD Motorsports had been modding Porsche mufflers well before Gundo started. In fact he started up long after when he started offering cheaper hacks than the mod'd and coated ones that FD were offering. If you just Google for a few minutes you will find many, many links and youtube videos ALL identifying the proper modifications. Gundo can claim what he wants as nothing is patient but I only point out these error's so that people don't get one thing expecting another. I could care less WHERE people get the mod done or which one - just use the proper lexicon so people who want to get a muffler hacks, get the right one.
Really, what are you trying to say..... makes no sense...... Gundo did a hack to mimic the PSE. simple and effective. Fister is the guy who marketed it, curved it a bit, does a great job, and great for him for making it an affordable option, and creating a business of it. Gundo has made no money on it. Gundo just did it himself and shared what someone can do for $80 who actually wants to do it themselves. Thats what a Gundo is! I was just stating what exactly a GUNDO is, from the man himself, as you apparently have no clue, and can't take the time to do proper research. I get tired of ignorant people spouting garbage when they don't research the facts. Don't dis Gundo for imparting valuable information to the Porsche general populous who are DIY'ers, just because you don't know the business end of a screwdriver. Oh, and keep your lexicons to yourself, and spend more than a few minutes on Google as anyone can write anything, but it does not make it true..........!
Old 02-28-2019, 10:26 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by docdrs
Really, what are you trying to say..... makes no sense...... Gundo did a hack to mimic the PSE. simple and effective. Fister is the guy who marketed it, curved it a bit, does a great job, and great for him for making it an affordable option, and creating a business of it. Gundo has made no money on it. Gundo just did it himself and shared what someone can do for $80 who actually wants to do it themselves. Thats what a Gundo is! I was just stating what exactly a GUNDO is, from the man himself, as you apparently have no clue, and can't take the time to do proper research. I get tired of ignorant people spouting garbage when they don't research the facts. Don't dis Gundo for imparting valuable information to the Porsche general populous who are DIY'ers, just because you don't know the business end of a screwdriver. Oh, and keep your lexicons to yourself, and spend more than a few minutes on Google as anyone can write anything, but it does not make it true..........!
i like this guy
Old 02-28-2019, 08:14 PM
997Lyfe
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Tech Tune - 220 Norseman St, Etobicoke

They will take them off and do which ever mod you want and reinstall. They do both Gundo and Fister mod's. Gundo is the extra curved pipe install that replicates the Porsche PSC sound using the capped PSC port (if you didn't get the option). Fister is the mod that connects the input and output pipes together with a short connecting pipe. Fister is the loudest. At WFO its pretty much a muffler bypass as the exhaust gas pressure just takes the shortest route to the outside world. I had the Fister mod done by Tech Tune - it is VERY loud at higher RPM's. Anything under 3K on the dial is fine - nice sound. Get above that and everyone hears you including that OPP officer that pulled me over on the Weston on ramp to the 407 westbound. He actually looked under my car and expected to see some fancy bypass or different cans and let me go with a warning while shaking his head. My bad for not noticing his unmarked 300 when I used what truly is a loud pedal. Great at Mosport - not so great around your block. Its really neat when you do that turn around on Spadina to go back down to get to the Westbound Lakeshore if you come off the Gardner. The echo among the condo's... So a little more sound with a 'burble' on throttle off = Gundo. Full RSR sound wide open = Fister. Don't ask what I paid a few years back, maybe $300 cash? Can't recall. The place is a little low rent but its a muffler shop! Shrug. It took him about 2 hours I recall so walk down to Kipling and find a coffee shop for a while. Have fun.
Tech tune doesn't do it anymore... at least the stopped three years ago.

I got mine done at hot rod Scott's ...
Old 03-01-2019, 09:59 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Originally Posted by docdrs
The OP asked where to get it done. He didn't ask how to do a DIY. You're quite emotional arn't you?
Old 03-09-2019, 10:00 AM
DDzPorsche
Racer

Received 91 Likes on 62 Posts

Did you ever find a shop to do the modification? If yes, where and what was the cost?

Quick Reply: Any places to get Fister/Gundo Mod in GTA?