Notices

Two Canadians won the PCA raffle!

Old 02-01-2019, 11:20 AM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 381 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Two Canadians won the PCA raffle!

Cool to see that two Canadians won out of five Targa GTS offered:

From PCA Website

Here are the grand-prize winners:
  • John Arand — Upper Canada Region
  • Brian Han — Los Angeles Region
  • Robert Staffen — Upper Canada Region
  • Terry Spaeth — Connecticut Valley Region
  • Timothy Ponzoha — Cascade Region
Old 02-01-2019, 01:32 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Sweet.

That means I didn't win though.

Congratulations to the fortunate winners.
Old 02-01-2019, 02:03 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 345 Posts

Yah, Congrats to the winner. Sucks I didn’t win (again), so looking forward to a Targa too.
Old 02-01-2019, 02:48 PM
terrencetong168
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

No new targa for me i guess
Old 02-01-2019, 03:12 PM
bradthe
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

DAMN! I GUESS I'M STILL TOO YOUNG AND TOO GOOD LOOKING! I'LL NEVER WIN ANYTHING! I'LL ONLY WIN SOMETHING WHEN I'M TOO OLD TO USE IT.
Old 02-01-2019, 07:42 PM
pfitzsim
Burning Brakes

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Nice late Christmas present!! Given the typical 10:1 US - CAN ratio, that's some good Canuck luck!!
Old 02-01-2019, 09:42 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,112 Likes on 726 Posts

Very cool! I didn't buy this time. Oh well 6/49 is mine tomorrow night!
Old 02-02-2019, 04:14 PM
cstyles
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 91 Posts

A friend of mine won the car in the pca raffle a couple years ago. Due to the rules of the raffle, it was going to cost him something like $60,000 CAD cash or more to take delivery of the 'free' car (991 GTS). And PCA wouldn't budge or make concessions whatsoever based on the fact a Canadian member won. He basically had no choice but to take the cash, and after all the taxes and US state & federal tax issues he took home nowhere close to the 'cash value' of the prize. Still a win obviously as it was cash not had beforehand, but a big disappointment considering the advertised prize.

If PCA is going to allow Canadians to buy tickets, they should also set the raffle up that if a Canadian in fact wins, they get the same opportunity as a US PCA ticket-buying member. For example, having the prize car delivered by a Canadian dealer.
Old 02-02-2019, 10:10 PM
Rampage
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by cstyles
A friend of mine won the car in the pca raffle a couple years ago. Due to the rules of the raffle, it was going to cost him something like $60,000 CAD cash or more to take delivery of the 'free' car (991 GTS). And PCA wouldn't budge or make concessions whatsoever based on the fact a Canadian member won. He basically had no choice but to take the cash, and after all the taxes and US state & federal tax issues he took home nowhere close to the 'cash value' of the prize. Still a win obviously as it was cash not had beforehand, but a big disappointment considering the advertised prize.

If PCA is going to allow Canadians to buy tickets, they should also set the raffle up that if a Canadian in fact wins, they get the same opportunity as a US PCA ticket-buying member. For example, having the prize car delivered by a Canadian dealer.
Interesting, I was wondering about what would happen in that situation. That's disappointing.
Old 02-02-2019, 10:10 PM
Greg981
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Thanks for that info. I've purchased many of those and wondered how this would work for a Canadian winner. I won't buy anymore.
Old 02-02-2019, 10:37 PM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Lucky bastages. That's a sweet ride. Congrats to them.
T
Old 02-03-2019, 11:58 AM
cstyles
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 91 Posts

Correction: $80k CAD to take delivery of the car here in Canada after all costs. For base, zero option 991.1 GTS which would have had a Canadian msrp in the low $130's.

$130,000 CAD delivery cost once he spec'd it to his liking 😮.

Old 02-03-2019, 01:11 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 345 Posts

Thanks for that info. I don’t mind helping out a good cause but the playing field needs to be levelled for me to participate in future. For the ticket money I can buy a half dozen goats in a micro investment fund to kick start a farmer in Africa.
Old 02-05-2019, 09:18 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 79 Posts

Correction: $80k CAD to take delivery of the car here in Canada after all costs. For base, zero option 991.1 GTS which would have had a Canadian msrp in the low $130's.

$130,000 CAD delivery cost once he spec'd it to his liking 😮.
Wow... I always figured there would be some costs, but that is unreal.

I have no reason to doubt you... I think my days of purchasing these tickets may have just come to an abrupt halt!
Old 02-06-2019, 10:35 AM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 285 Likes on 196 Posts

I wonder if Provinz will do an article on the 2 happy winners.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Two Canadians won the PCA raffle!