Recommendations for expel and ceramic in GTA

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2018, 03:26 PM
rob p
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vern1
7k for a wrap and ceramic?? my lord thats a lot of dough for some protection
I agree, the pricing is very high. The dealer quoted 10K!!!
Old 12-21-2018, 05:34 PM
vern1
Drifting

Received 104 Likes on 70 Posts

I guess i am not up on the latest but if you have an expel film protection what do you need the ceramic coating for?
Old 12-21-2018, 07:03 PM
Neb
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

Marco charges a lot but his wrap is excellent. I went with All in Detailing, in Mississauga. Talk to Mike Le. He has AP shield doing the wrap and he does paint correction and ceramic coating. Very reasonable cost.
Old 12-22-2018, 02:44 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 313 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by rob p
I am looking to have the car wrapped in expel and ceramic coated. Any reasonably priced good installers would be appreciated.
Thanks
Second the recommendation for Wes at Orion Detailing, been using him for 10 years now and he continues to do excellent work at reasonable prices. Going to get him to put Opticoat on my new (to me) Macan in the spring.

On Xpel film Wes is partnering with Steven at Elevated Auto who does good work... or you could also try John at Auto-links who I've used to tint/ppf my cars for quite some time.
Old 12-28-2018, 11:55 PM
aviography
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by newbie2p
Hoping to go to Patrick Casavant at the Clear Choice.
You will not be disappointed!

Patrick has done my 996 7 years ago, my sister’s RX350 4 years ago, then my new Infiniti Q50 recently, not only does he do impeccable work, he is also a stand up and trustworthy individual I have 100% confidence dealing with.

Patrick has been and continues to be the go-to guy for custom paint protection film work (vs pre-cut) for some of the Porsche dealerships in the GTA.

Unfortunately I had an issue when dealing with Marco, would never deal with him as a result.
Old 12-29-2018, 03:58 PM
InTgr8r
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by aviography

You will not be disappointed!

Patrick has done my 996 7 years ago, my sister’s RX350 4 years ago, then my new Infiniti Q50 recently, not only does he do impeccable work, he is also a stand up and trustworthy individual I have 100% confidence dealing with.

Patrick has been and continues to be the go-to guy for custom paint protection film work (vs pre-cut) for some of the Porsche dealerships in the GTA.

Unfortunately I had an issue when dealing with Marco, would never deal with him as a result.
Do you know if Patrick still has an exclusive arrangement with Downtown Porsche?
Old 12-29-2018, 04:01 PM
aviography
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by InTgr8r
Do you know if Patrick still has an exclusive arrangement with Downtown Porsche?
No he does not.
Old 12-29-2018, 04:06 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 241 Likes on 163 Posts

"aviography" may be even pickier than me! I'll go with his recommendation next time around.
Old 12-29-2018, 11:05 PM
rob p
Intermediate

Originally Posted by newbie2p
Hoping to go to Patrick Casavant at the Clear Choice.
any contact info?
Old 12-30-2018, 12:48 PM
newbie2p
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Patrick Casavant

theclearchoiceppf@gmail.com

Old 12-30-2018, 12:51 PM
newbie2p
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Patrick only does Expel ppf. He does not do ceramic coating. He will be doing mine hopefully in February once CTT arrives.
Old 01-12-2019, 02:13 PM
sweetsound
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Car wraps and ceramic is new to me. I've done my homework about advantages/disadvantages and before I call shops, wonder if someone with experience can share what a reasonable price is for a full car ceramic coating in the Toronto area. I see a lot of value in front end clear film as well, but these additional costs are material!
Old 01-14-2019, 03:21 PM
reyoasian
8th Gear

Last edited by reyoasian; 12-10-2021 at 11:10 AM.
Old 01-22-2019, 12:54 PM
THE REFINERY
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by vern1
I guess i am not up on the latest but if you have an expel film protection what do you need the ceramic coating for?
The main purpose of paint protection film (PPF) is to protect the covered paint from stone impacts and scratching - not necessarily to facilitate cleaning and maintenance. That's what ceramic coatings, waxes and sealants help with.

Just like a clear coat, PPF needs to be protected from staining and etching that you get from road dirt, oils, bird droppings, etc. You don't technically need a ceramic coating to protect the film, but ceramic coatings are much more effective and longer lasting than, say, waxes or sealants.

PPF is porous and has a very thin clear coat layer on it. Ceramic coatings bond very well on PPF, and give you years of protection from staining, hard water etching etc. But because PPF is more porous than clear coat, Ceramic Pro for example has engineered a specific version of its coating that is optimized for use on film. That's designed to ensure the film doesn't absorb the coating unevenly, and to ensure longevity and performance of the product.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

THE REFINERY
Paint Correction | Ceramic Coatings | Paint Protection Film | Detailing Products
6 Carlaw Avenue
Toronto, Canada.

www.therefinery.ltd

+1.416.848.2868
info@therefinery.ltd
Follow us on: Instagram / Facebook / Twitter
THE REFINERY's YouTube Channel

Old 01-22-2019, 01:07 PM
THE REFINERY
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by sweetsound
Car wraps and ceramic is new to me. I've done my homework about advantages/disadvantages and before I call shops, wonder if someone with experience can share what a reasonable price is for a full car ceramic coating in the Toronto area. I see a lot of value in front end clear film as well, but these additional costs are material!
You're absolutely right. Like a lot of purchases - when you're looking at the best-of-the-best products and installations, it can start to add up. It's an investment to protect the appearance of your car over the long term, which represents a certain amount of value to you and to the future buyer of your vehicle.

But there are options and decisions about the products and installations that can be tailored to match your personal objectives and budget. If you want to talk through some of those options, please do reach out!

Quick Reply: Recommendations for expel and ceramic in GTA