Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Rennlist Canada (https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist-canada-98/)
-   -   What do you do thread? (https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist-canada/1109734-what-do-you-do-thread.html)

CamsPorsche 11-04-2018 09:35 PM

What do you do thread?
 
I work in the nuclear industry but this is what my Uber talented wife does!
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...26425ee3b5.jpg

Jonathon Rolstin 11-04-2018 09:50 PM

she kisses other men under an umbrella?

StanThePorscheFan 11-04-2018 10:10 PM

LOL, Jonathan

Careful, Cam, people have gotten banned here for asking similar questions.
On a more serious note, networking is what Linked-In is for. Around here people just want to talk about cars. Ten bucks says this threat will not get much traction. But just in case it does...

I am in the process of setting up nanotechnology industrial grade coatings and adhesives manufacturing for concrete, masonry, metals, wood, plastics, rust and other surfaces. Canadian product launch is Nov 28 at The World of Concrete Show Toronto. USA launch is on January 16th in Las Vegas. Details to follow.

My wife has a shoe and clothing boutique A Perfect Pair Shoes and Accessories located at 2396 Major Mackenzie Dr, Unit 3, Maple.

Pags993 11-04-2018 10:31 PM

VP Bus Dev for a custom blender of white label appearance / engine chemicals for Global OEMs after a long stint as NSM in the finished lubricants industry with a global brand.

Also building a pretty decent rental / investment property portfolio with my wife who is a Lawyer and President of a technology company servicing the residential / commercial real estate and mortgage industry.

Always interesting finding out what people do for a living. Stan, any application potential in the automotive industry? We may be interested.....

Onami 11-04-2018 10:41 PM

I turn around under-performing manufacturing companies. My current gig is with a retail store fixture company.

Ronan 11-05-2018 07:03 AM

Investor and Board director

Imo000 11-05-2018 10:28 AM


Originally Posted by Jonathon Rolstin (Post 15409051)
she kisses other men under an umbrella?

I was thinking the exact same thing! :)

uniquenamehere 11-05-2018 10:29 AM

Software Architect ... this means a glorified code monkey. :)

CamsPorsche 11-05-2018 10:31 AM


Originally Posted by Imo000 (Post 15409838)
I was thinking the exact same thing! :)

Wedding photographer 😉

Tj40 11-05-2018 01:46 PM

I work for a software company selling to the automotive industry. Pretty much every OEM uses our stuff across infotainment, digital gauges and autonomous driving.

Bud Fox 11-05-2018 01:53 PM

Legal racketeering (Mutual Fund Sales)

StanThePorscheFan 11-05-2018 05:07 PM


Originally Posted by Pags993 (Post 15409130)
... Stan, any application potential in the automotive industry? We may be interested.....

Hi Mark,

I do have an Adhesion Promoter for painting plastic surfaces (bumpers, trim). We should talk. 416-315-9676

We are currently looking for a Chemical Engineer.

Also, anyone here does embroidery?


k1e1v1i1n 11-05-2018 05:37 PM

IT

Adamant1971 11-05-2018 05:40 PM

Print Production, Swag, aka Trash & Trinkets. :)

steam_mill 11-05-2018 06:23 PM

IT Operations in the utilities sector.

blassy 11-05-2018 06:25 PM

Own a recruiting company specializing in software execs in North America and Europe.

Henley1 11-05-2018 07:32 PM

landscape construction and garages

Rampage 11-05-2018 07:51 PM

Mechanical engineer in the automotive industry

Gregster 11-05-2018 08:40 PM

I sell and fix cars. Wife is Revenue Management at Air Canada

Gregster 11-05-2018 08:41 PM


Originally Posted by StanThePorscheFan (Post 15410889)
Hi Mark,

I do have an Adhesion Promoter for painting plastic surfaces (bumpers, trim). We should talk. 416-315-9676

We are currently looking for a Chemical Engineer.

Also, anyone here does embroidery?

My sister in law does Embroidery

ggrace 11-05-2018 09:20 PM


Originally Posted by Henley1 (Post 15411250)
landscape construction and garages

Love to rack your brain one day. Looking to build a laneway suite with garage on main floor next year.

Brian 162 11-05-2018 09:25 PM

I go running 3 times a week. Other than that I do nothing.:icon107:

Mark Lue 11-05-2018 09:45 PM


Originally Posted by Brian 162 (Post 15411502)
I go running 3 times a week. Other than that I do nothing.:icon107:

Great, :rockon: I do nothing as well.

petee_c 11-05-2018 11:39 PM

part-time small town drug dealer...

other times, i attempt to play mechanic/Mr Fix it in my garage....

Uwon 11-06-2018 07:51 AM

My bucket list is still really long so I came out of retirement to develop a 30 hour day. And....I don’t even play golf.
Johan

wildcat077 11-06-2018 09:59 AM

I'm a licensed maintenance engineer at Air Canada by day , and mechanic,welder,fabricator,hacker by night ... it's therapy !
Greg, maybe you can get your wife to manage more revenue my way :)

CamsPorsche 11-06-2018 11:21 AM

Nice to see the thread advancing without any malice or ill intent.

StanThePorscheFan 11-06-2018 11:59 AM


Originally Posted by CamsPorsche (Post 15412506)
Nice to see the thread advancing without any malice or ill intent.

I owe you $10;)

Jonathon Rolstin 11-06-2018 03:13 PM

This thread is hilarious. But there is no way it lasts more than a week without pictures...

911 Rod 11-06-2018 04:25 PM


Originally Posted by Jonathon Rolstin (Post 15413125)
This thread is hilarious. But there is no way it lasts more than a week without pictures...

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...052a8dd7fe.jpg

ronnie993tt 11-06-2018 05:10 PM

Well, in winter...
 
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...1378e6b920.jpg

ggrace 11-07-2018 12:19 AM

Iím a Realtor. I have also begun building a portfolio of rental properties.

Henley1 11-07-2018 12:26 AM


Originally Posted by ggrace (Post 15411486)


Love to rack your brain one day. Looking to build a laneway suite with garage on main floor next year.

np. were building one in a lane right around the corner from you now, welcome to pop by. call anytime. 416 655 1438. CheeRS lee

Gregster 11-07-2018 08:21 AM


Originally Posted by wildcat077 (Post 15412326)
I'm a licensed maintenance engineer at Air Canada by day , and mechanic,welder,fabricator,hacker by night ... it's therapy !
Greg, maybe you can get your wife to manage more revenue my way :)

Oddly enough we really don't talk about work all too much. But I'll put in a good word

Jamie140 11-07-2018 12:59 PM

I do whatever my wife, daughters and three dogs tell me to do.

Jamie140 11-07-2018 01:05 PM

...

ronnie993tt 11-07-2018 03:31 PM


Originally Posted by Jamie140 (Post 15415334)
I do whatever my wife, daughters and three dogs tell me to do.

Wait a minute Jamie. You have daughters? Jonathon Rolstin did ask for pictures in his earlier post!

.2PDK 11-07-2018 06:30 PM

I'm a senior officer for the Galactic Empire.

In other words a banker...

shopping4991 11-08-2018 11:31 PM

UX designer for the big blue

SoCal RJ 11-08-2018 11:42 PM


Originally Posted by .2PDK (Post 15416156)
I'm a senior officer for the Galactic Empire.

In other words a banker...

Was this but now very happily retired and figuring out what my next Porsche will be. A good life to be sure. I am very, very lucky.

cpt_slow 11-09-2018 09:42 AM


Originally Posted by ronnie993tt (Post 15415694)
Wait a minute Jamie. You have daughters? Jonathon Rolstin did ask for pictures in his earlier post!


Your asking to be put in cement boots at the bottom of the lake lol

.2PDK 11-09-2018 06:41 PM


Originally Posted by SoCal RJ (Post 15419107)


Was this but now very happily retired and figuring out what my next Porsche will be. A good life to be sure. I am very, very lucky.

Will be out soon as well, hopefully these mkts don't collapse in the next two years...

porsche0nut 11-10-2018 08:07 PM


Originally Posted by Jonathon Rolstin (Post 15409051)
she kisses other men under an umbrella?

Not often you find someone in the same line of work eh JR?!

OliverK68 11-10-2018 10:20 PM


Originally Posted by CamsPorsche (Post 15409019)
I work in the nuclear industry...

Me too!

JimV8 11-11-2018 09:27 PM

I do nuthin.

DJF1 11-12-2018 06:52 AM

Director for Planet Hollywood Hotels and Resorts, wife works at a real estate office.

cpt_slow 11-12-2018 12:17 PM

My wife and I own a Security Company in Niagara Falls, Cameras, Access Control, Handi-cap Accessibility, Hollow Metal Doors and Frames, High Security Keyways, all sorts of fun stuff!

JTT 11-12-2018 05:14 PM

I try to redirect the lemmings from the cliff.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...1d04117eb5.jpg

Workplace safety professional.

ronnie993tt 11-12-2018 06:36 PM

Helping the GF get her Edge fixed after hitting a deer on the way to our place in Mont Tremblant last week...……


https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...6d3c72cd78.jpg

steam_mill 11-12-2018 10:44 PM


Originally Posted by JTT (Post 15426474)
I try to redirect the lemmings from the cliff.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...1d04117eb5.jpg

Workplace safety professional.

This was actually what I had planned to study at grad school when I almost followed academia. Still wish I had gone down that route.

porsche0nut 11-13-2018 01:03 PM


Originally Posted by ronnie993tt (Post 15426676)
Helping the GF get her Edge fixed after hitting a deer on the way to our place in Mont Tremblant last week...……

Ronnie, not sure you fully understand the thread.... :D What did you do before fixing edges and posing on mountain tops?


I do business development for industrial equipment rentals in Eastern Ontario - ie. generators/temperature control equipment/emergency response

Mike Billings 11-13-2018 03:13 PM

I work on the Space Station.

Well not ON the Space Station.

We maintain the main flight computers in Glendale AZ.

ronnie993tt 11-13-2018 04:01 PM


Originally Posted by porsche0nut (Post 15428271)
Ronnie, not sure you fully understand the thread.... :D What did you do before fixing edges and posing on mountain tops?

Title is "What do you do thread?" Since I retired a decade ago, this is the stuff I do.

Gregster 11-13-2018 04:04 PM


Originally Posted by Mike Billings (Post 15428534)
I work on the Space Station.

Well not ON the Space Station.

We maintain the main flight computers in Glendale AZ.

Thats interesting because a friend of mine is a flight director in Houston

Scotty2H 11-13-2018 08:08 PM

I build airplanes. :rockon:

9964runner 11-13-2018 08:42 PM

I flew them, broke them on occasion too. Now a retired home Daddy, more of a lunch maker and chauffeur really to the kids.

porsche0nut 11-14-2018 09:53 AM


Originally Posted by ronnie993tt (Post 15428641)
Title is "What do you do thread?" Since I retired a decade ago, this is the stuff I do.

was a joke Ronnie... just joshin' ya. One day I'll be skiing and playing with cars every day too!

Cosmo Kramer 11-14-2018 09:59 AM

Realtor in KW and Guelph. Amateur home schooled mechanic for myself family and friends.

BIMMERMIKE 11-14-2018 08:12 PM

Anybody want to purchase/lease a BMW?

andrew54 11-15-2018 09:54 AM

CPA in the construction world

wc11 11-15-2018 11:43 AM

...read what everyone else does and wonder if they're hiring...:roflmao:

IXLR8 11-16-2018 08:44 AM

Took early retirement. That was 5 years ago. :p

Jonathon Rolstin 11-19-2018 07:18 PM


Originally Posted by wc11 (Post 15432532)
...read what everyone else does and wonder if they're hiring...:roflmao:

+1 LOL

Jonathon Rolstin 11-19-2018 07:21 PM

If this has become a "things you do" thread...

I do all of the things


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 12:54 AM.


© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands