Notices

Hey Rennlist Mods

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 01:38 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts

Is this about the thread to support RL member's businesses?
Old 11-01-2018, 01:49 PM
Mark Lue
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

IB is an "Old Boys Club", don't realize, people change, attitudes change, adapt to stay in the game or the guys will leave and go Facebook, WhatsApp, etc.
Old 11-01-2018, 02:00 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,015 Likes on 722 Posts

Well I guess maybe he could start his own forum and those who enjoy his particular brand of entertainment can sign up ? . That's the only way I see around the ways of the " man"
Old 11-01-2018, 02:12 PM
Adamant1971
Rennlist Member

Received 967 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by Imo000
Is this about the thread to support RL member's businesses?
I would guess yes, you can't promote a business on here unless your are a sponsor. But I did not read or see what happened in the thread.

Originally Posted by Mark Lue
IB is an "Old Boys Club", don't realize, people change, attitudes change, adapt to stay in the game or the guys will leave and go Facebook, WhatsApp, etc.
Exactly if you want free rain to do whatever you want that's the place to go, and that's exactly why many people don't use FB any longer. Way too much crap, anger, political views and BS.

Originally Posted by theiceman
Well I guess maybe he could start his own forum and those who enjoy his particular brand of entertainment can sign up ? . That's the only way I see around the ways of the " man"
Was Brammy that Jason guy that got banned for being a total douche bag on threads that he had no interest in?

---------------

Long story short this is IB's website and we are just users, not operators. Perhaps we need more Mobil one oil sale threads to divert peoples attention. LOL

Old 11-01-2018, 02:19 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,015 Likes on 722 Posts

Originally Posted by Adamant1971
I would guess yes, you can't promote a business on here unless your are a sponsor. But I did not read or see what happened in the thread.

Exactly if you want free rain to do whatever you want that's the place to go, and that's exactly why many people don't use FB any longer. Way too much crap, anger, political views and BS.

Was Brammy that Jason guy that got banned for being a total douche bag on threads that he had no interest in?

---------------

Long story short this is IB's website and we are just users, not operators. Perhaps we need more Mobil one oil sale threads to divert peoples attention. LOL
Yes it is Jason , I didn't realize that thread was gone . I thought it was actually a good idea but thinking about it now, there are people who pay to advertise their business and I can see why IB, or paying advertisers would not like it.
I think it if it had been anyone else it might have been a thread delete and a stern warning . But given his history I imagine he was on a very short leash.

Who knows maybe just a temporary ban, but either way he will pop up in a few more years I am sure.

..and speaking of which .. I just scored 4 jugs of the old format 0w40 for 28 bucks each at CT . handy for me as I am about to rebuild an engine....
Old 11-01-2018, 03:07 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 362 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
Yes it is Jason , I didn't realize that thread was gone . I thought it was actually a good idea but thinking about it now, there are people who pay to advertise their business and I can see why IB, or paying advertisers would not like it.
I think it if it had been anyone else it might have been a thread delete and a stern warning . But given his history I imagine he was on a very short leash.

Who knows maybe just a temporary ban, but either way he will pop up in a few more years I am sure.

..and speaking of which .. I just scored 4 jugs of the old format 0w40 for 28 bucks each at CT . handy for me as I am about to rebuild an engine....
I thought it was Jason--I go back to the track day last year at Mosport when he brought BOTH the Turbo and the McLaren, and offered to let me drive them! Are you kidding?! One of the coolest people I've met.

Jason, if you're out there, the Mini misses you!

Gary
Old 11-01-2018, 03:19 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

If Bammy was Jason then he got banned for having more then one account. Which he already has two of and both of them are banned.

Was JLJ also Jason? That would be 4 accounts.

Last edited by jumper5836; 11-01-2018 at 04:25 PM.
Old 11-01-2018, 03:28 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by gbuff
I thought it was Jason--I go back to the track day last year at Mosport when he brought BOTH the Turbo and the McLaren, and offered to let me drive them! Are you kidding?! One of the coolest people I've met.

Jason, if you're out there, the Mini misses you!

Gary
As nice of an offer something like this is, what happens if you total the car? Let the owner's insurance pay for like when he wrote off someone else's GT2 or GT3 at Mosport?

I don't drive anyone else's high performance car just for this reason. If they want to take me for a spin, I'll go but refuse to drive it. Don't need drama in my life that I can't afford.
Old 11-01-2018, 03:36 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 362 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by Imo000
As nice of an offer something like this is, what happens if you total the car? Let the owner's insurance pay for like when he wrote off someone else's GT2 or GT3 at Mosport?

I don't drive anyone else's high performance car just for this reason. If they want to take me for a spin, I'll go but refuse to drive it. Don't need drama in my life that I can't afford.
FWIW I did NOT drive them, as much as he insisted......just the thought of the offer blows me away. Plus I woulda been scared to death

Gary
Old 11-01-2018, 04:23 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

Did not realize Jason has recurred. Kinda like Halloween 5.....:::
Old 11-01-2018, 04:55 PM
vern1
Drifting

Received 104 Likes on 70 Posts

Haha that banning took longer then i thought it would. Guy digs his own grave every time

Originally Posted by Mark Lue
Attitudes may change but flat out insulting people is never in style. If you want this kind of "entertainment" them go to P&C and roll around in it all day long.

Originally Posted by jumper5836
If Bammy was Jason then he got banned for having more then one account. Which he already has two of and both of them are banned.

Was JLJ also Jason? That would be 4 accounts.
I doubt it was just having started up multiple accounts (this being at least his 3rd) and i doubt it was the post re helping out others business. He insulted Ronan (who obviously missed it) and Bacura (who obviously didnt miss it) and there was one last comment which probably put him over the edge. I suspect the mods may have been more tolerant of him being back online if he had kept his comments civil but as i said, its just not in the guy
Old 11-01-2018, 05:19 PM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 598 Likes on 291 Posts

The fact is it’s a double standard. Insults fly around here and other forums all the time (not only the political forum), whether overt or subtle and I am guessing a lot of it has to do with jealousy. But that’s ok. This can go back to being a boring subforum. And if someone can’t handle a little ribbing, then how the f do they manage to survive in the real world.
Old 11-01-2018, 05:55 PM
vern1
Drifting

Received 104 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by moab
The fact is it’s a double standard. Insults fly around here and other forums all the time (not only the political forum), whether overt or subtle and I am guessing a lot of it has to do with jealousy. But that’s ok. This can go back to being a boring subforum. And if someone can’t handle a little ribbing, then how the f do they manage to survive in the real world.
Dont think there is a double standard at all. Anyone who had said those things would be in the same position esp after being banned 2 previous times. Most people can handle some good natured ribbing but this was hardly that. And jealousy? I doubt it. Many people can afford whatever he has including the guys he went after. And i am sure they survive just fine in the real world.

Happy to have this as a boring sub forum. If he had it kept it somewhat civil we wouldnt be having this conversation
Old 11-01-2018, 05:56 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

I read Brammys posts and thought that it was probably Jason. I don't know him but I feel that this forum needs more Jasons, not fewer. Ive seen him joke crudely but I never felt that he was over the line. But what do I know and maybe Ive missed things.

But whatever. He probably doesn't care that much.
Old 11-01-2018, 07:21 PM
Bud Fox
Burning Brakes

Received 232 Likes on 153 Posts

I agree the world needs more Brammys not less. One of the nicer people I've come across on this forum

Quick Reply: Hey Rennlist Mods