Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Rennlist Canada (https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist-canada-98/)
-   -   Which used porsche 911,and where to buy/lease used 911 in ontario? (https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist-canada/1097410-which-used-porsche-911-and-where-to-buy-lease-used-911-in-ontario.html)

Smoothoperator 09-14-2018 12:20 PM

Which used porsche 911,and where to buy/lease used 911 in ontario?

Hello. I am currently driving honda accord coupe as my first ever car. I make pretty good money now and looking to transition into 911. But my budget is under $70 000 cdn. Which used 911 model would be good for first 911 driver? And where in ontario can I purchase one or lease realiable and good priced 911 in ontario? Thank you

Pags993 09-14-2018 12:50 PM

Have you priced out what insurance will run you yearly? If you plan do drive year round a 997 C4S would be my choice.

theiceman 09-14-2018 01:34 PM

yeah you gotta think 997 with that price point. Nice looking car and reliable. I would definitely recommend talking to Stan who just listed his gorgeous yellow 997 for sale . Your timing could be perfect if you scoop that one, look a couple threads down.

Turbodan 09-14-2018 02:52 PM

yeah buy Stan's he babied it since new.
other than that you need to provide more details of what you will use car for, what you like (old, new) daily driver or weekend toy. maybe you need to drive a few to check them out and see what you like. good time of year to buy though.

Smoothoperator 09-14-2018 03:58 PM

Thanks for all response. I drive suv to work daily. The car will be used for weekend shopping and fun driving in back road and weekend tracking. I will take a look at stan listing car for sale. But I dont know how to drive manual so I am looking for pdk transmission.

Smoothoperator 09-14-2018 04:11 PM

I have not look into insurance cost. On average what is cost of insurance in Ontario for 911?

Turbodan 09-14-2018 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Smoothoperator (Post 15290436)
I have not look into insurance cost. On average what is cost of insurance in Ontario for 911?

haha
you must be new to Canada as well. Nothing wrong with that btw. Insurance is dependant on many factors including age, driving record, where you live, credit rating etc... so we can't answer that question for you. what do you pay for your SUV?

Adamant1971 09-14-2018 05:16 PM

The number of licensed drivers in your household can have an effect as well, especially if there are any newly licensed drivers that currently don't have a car. I'm dreading when my kids turn 16.

997Lyfe 09-14-2018 05:32 PM

Can't help but to ask ... OP are you a troll?

Christien 09-14-2018 05:39 PM

Why would he be a troll? Perfectly legit question, and followed up with questions asking him to narrow it down.

997Lyfe 09-14-2018 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Christien
Why would he be a troll? Perfectly legit question, and followed up with questions asking him to narrow it down.

From reading this thread, it sounds fishy.

1) wants to by a 911 and not doing research on generations and models
2) weekend tracking - most people who track know their cars
3) insurance in Ontario - I'm sure everyone knows insurance cost is subject to among other factors, to where you live. Downtown or Brampton is more expensive compared to Timmons or Sudbury

I was just asking... not implying.

Mumbles 09-14-2018 09:54 PM

OP, do your homework Sade

Smoothoperator 09-15-2018 10:58 AM

hello all,

I am new to porsche brand. In fact porsche will be my 2nd car. I have been driving honda accord for years. My cost of insurance for honda accord is around $1500 per year in GTA. Since 911 is a sport car, I was just wondering how significant the insurance will go up vs a honda accord.

I want to purchased a used 991 version but it may be over my budget after some research. So I don't mind looking into 997 version with PDK as for now after advices coming from ppl on this fourm.

I have been using www.autotrader.ca to find cars in used market. Beside autorader and online forum like this one, what other sources should I look into? Is there porsche auction in Ontario? Thanks for the all the help

Christien 09-15-2018 11:10 AM

You could try the PCA (Porsche Club of America) classifieds - https://pcaucr.org/classifieds/ but auto trader is probably the biggest source for local used cars. There's always kijiji, but that's full of flaky people and lousy cars. 997s should be pretty easy to find locally, but I wouldn't hesitate to cast a wider net. Try looking in the US. The price will be about the same after exchange and costs, but there's far more selection. Whatever you do, make sure you get a pre-purchase inspection from a shop other than the seller's. A PPI should always be done, no matter what, unless the car is a CPO (and even then, it's not a bad idea).

ekam 09-16-2018 08:01 AM

70k would be stretching it for a 997.2 PDK.

Why don't you call your insurance and ask them for an estimate? Only they know what your driving profile/history is.

If you've never owned a German sports car before, be prepared for the cost of maintenance on even the basics like brakes and tires compare to an Accord.