Area 27 Motorsport Radical SR3 Race

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 05:05 PM
seanseidman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shotor
Well done on the podium.

I dislike turn 11 very much. A few cars have been written off there. And in a race situation coming over that blind crest, if there is a pile up at turn 12 there is nowhere to go.

Hoping they open it up to more people too. Maybe allow more track days, but members get guaranteed spots on those days? Was there on Tuesday and I was the only person running at 2:00. Felt kind of strange to be out there by myself.

thank you
I totally hear you on turn 11 crest into hairpin 12 could be a disaster!
currently, members get 20 days a month and the others are corporate days (which can become 3rd party HPDE days like August Luxury Motor Cars), or Races.
There is definitely room for more members in my opinion.
Would like to see them open up membership to 100 more, and complete the final build phase of clubhouse,garage,cart track.
Old 07-20-2018, 06:26 PM
The Radium King
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

currently non-members are only allowed a total of three days per year, regardless of how many corporate events/hpde's/guest passes available to them. i've heard that they are going to open up more memberships, but at a higher price (300 more at $50k or $55k depending on the rumour you buy in to) and that annual fees are also going up. perhaps will generate enough capital to complete the build.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:13 PM
seanseidman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by The Radium King
currently non-members are only allowed a total of three days per year, regardless of how many corporate events/hpde's/guest passes available to them. i've heard that they are going to open up more memberships, but at a higher price (300 more at $50k or $55k depending on the rumour you buy in to) and that annual fees are also going up. perhaps will generate enough capital to complete the build.
Thanks will be interesting to see what they do
Old 07-20-2018, 09:57 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,139 Likes on 560 Posts

I'm on the fence about joining. On the one hand, the track looks great, and my family likes going to that area anyway, but on the other, I'm in SF once a month, and there are 3 tracks next to the city there with year-round tracking, so I'm better off keeping a car there. But I'm close to done tracking a street car, particularly one stored remotely. Today had a track day at Laguna (open lapping for 8 hours, no sound limit, which is rare). I drive up to the track and notice oil pooling in the engine tray. Look like small oil cooler leak. I could have still run if I was not afraid to catch on fire. But oil dripping near exhaust manifold is legitimately scary, so I just cleaned off the oil and puttered to the nearest Porsche dealer (seems like it's a knows defect, covered by warranty). Third track day out of last 10 ruined by car issues. Makes me seriously consider arrive and drive or something like that.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:21 PM
seanseidman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
I'm on the fence about joining. On the one hand, the track looks great, and my family likes going to that area anyway, but on the other, I'm in SF once a month, and there are 3 tracks next to the city there with year-round tracking, so I'm better off keeping a car there. But I'm close to done tracking a street car, particularly one stored remotely. Today had a track day at Laguna (open lapping for 8 hours, no sound limit, which is rare). I drive up to the track and notice oil pooling in the engine tray. Look like small oil cooler leak. I could have still run if I was not afraid to catch on fire. But oil dripping near exhaust manifold is legitimately scary, so I just cleaned off the oil and puttered to the nearest Porsche dealer (seems like it's a knows defect, covered by warranty). Third track day out of last 10 ruined by car issues. Makes me seriously consider arrive and drive or something like that.
After a decade of HPDE, i realized tracking a race car makes the most sense
-safety
-reliability
-lower run cost (tires, brakes)
-fun to stop waiting for point-by with club racing
Old 07-21-2018, 03:45 PM
shotor
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by seanseidman
After a decade of HPDE, i realized tracking a race car makes the most sense
-safety
-reliability
-lower run cost (tires, brakes)
-fun to stop waiting for point-by with club racing
I've just gone down this route as well, with a SpecE46 race car. Earlier this week was my first time with it. It was much more fun and exciting at the same time. Knowing that if something went wrong [mechanical, crash, etc] you would just walk away and still have a ride home. I'm keeping my car with a shop near the track and they just trailer it in for me as needed. Sort of a left financed arrive and drive.
Old 07-21-2018, 03:47 PM
shotor
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

The rumor I heard was 100 more memberships at those prices. From what I understand, the funding for the club-house is already there. They are planning on lock-up before winter, so hopefully up and running by early next season.
Old 07-21-2018, 03:53 PM
seanseidman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shotor
The rumor I heard was 100 more memberships at those prices. From what I understand, the funding for the club-house is already there. They are planning on lock-up before winter, so hopefully up and running by early next season.
I'm all for that!
There is way more capacity
Member run days are very quiet
Old 07-21-2018, 06:08 PM
The Radium King
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

they should do something like badlands - a lower-priced membership that only gets you 10 or 20 days per season, fewer guest passes, etc. make some $, fill up the mid-week days a bit more. it can get lonely out there (esp if you are in open wheel i bet). when i was there on a member day they were running four run groups - production slow, production fast, motorcycle, and open wheel/sport racer. there would be two motorcycles, two open wheels, and 5 or so cars in each production group. and that was on a saturday.
Old 07-21-2018, 06:11 PM
seanseidman
Rennlist Member

they should do something like badlands - a lower-priced membership that only gets you 10 or 20 days per season, fewer guest passes, etc. make some $, fill up the mid-week days a bit more. it can get lonely out there (esp if you are in open wheel i bet). when i was there on a member day they were running four run groups - production slow, production fast, motorcycle, and open wheel/sport racer. there would be two motorcycles, two open wheels, and 5 or so cars in each production group. and that was on a saturday.
Totally agree
As i have been saying through this thread, there is way more capacity available
Old 07-26-2018, 12:55 PM
TouringTeg
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great idea. That would be very appealing for VIMC (Vancouver Island) as well. I cannot afford full membership so I do lapping days for about $500-550 per day.

It can get lonely doing circles by yourself. It is more fun to have lots of activity to watch or participate in. Plenty of room for activities.

Quick Reply: Area 27 Motorsport Radical SR3 Race