Notices

Big day w/ 6thGear

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 12:31 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 261 Posts
Default Big day w/ 6thGear

Reliving the day........absolutely perfect weather and lots and lots of cars of all different levels of prep/performance out there Wednesday, especially in the morning, but not at all unmanageable and it did thin out a bit in the afternoon.....wasted three of my four tires and went through two full tanks of gas (this in a non-S Mini, mind you) in 3.5 hours of track time; when I pulled off to end the day my trip computer showed 4 miles of gas left! Showed Ross at pit-out and he laughed out loud......good to see 'Listers Scott and Paul out there driving well, and also Doug sharing driving duties with his wife (with round tires this time )

Again, many thanks to the 6thGear crew and all the marshals and safety people for making it happen

Gary
Old 07-13-2018, 10:39 PM
skru_fase
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by gbuff
Reliving the day........absolutely perfect weather and lots and lots of cars of all different levels of prep/performance out there Wednesday, especially in the morning, but not at all unmanageable and it did thin out a bit in the afternoon.....wasted three of my four tires and went through two full tanks of gas (this in a non-S Mini, mind you) in 3.5 hours of track time; when I pulled off to end the day my trip computer showed 4 miles of gas left! Showed Ross at pit-out and he laughed out loud......good to see 'Listers Scott and Paul out there driving well, and also Doug sharing driving duties with his wife (with round tires this time )

Again, many thanks to the 6thGear crew and all the marshals and safety people for making it happen

Gary
Hey Gary, was good to see you again. It was a great day, I don't think in all the time going to 6th Gear I have ever had a rain day. Amazing. No real incidents either which is great to see.

See you in Aug!

Quick Reply: Big day w/ 6thGear