Notices

Thoughts on current Ontario 991.2 pricing, availability, discounts, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 01:21 PM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 598 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by Soundstream
For me October is fine. I've got a Boxster S that will tide me over until then.

And unfortunately, I am picky. But then again, maybe I am overthinking options. My Boxster S isn't exactly what I wanted, but have learned to just enjoy the car for what it is. After driving it for the last year or so, I find myself worrying less about the missing features and design choices.
Discount on a factory build will be very small.

Options on P-cars are daunting and enticing, which is why I try and resist a factory build because I often will go nuts on the options on a build.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:46 PM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 388 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by moab
Discount on a factory build will be very small.

Options on P-cars are daunting and enticing, which is why I try and resist a factory build because I often will go nuts on the options on a build.
Congrats on the Macca Moab! Nice choice...

I agree...either find a good 991.2 on the lot and buy it or factory order something to your exact taste/spec. Work the dealers on discount and tell each one...the best discount you get is the one you will order/buy today. They will cave...
Old 07-11-2018, 07:55 PM
Inrev
Burning Brakes

Received 143 Likes on 70 Posts

I was in the same boat as you and said screw it and bought a used CPO one in Quebec City while I wait for the 992. the deal wasn't great but 991.2 cars are somewhat hard to come by right now, especially with the right options and the USD is so strong that lower priced cars are exported. I'll take a slight hit on depreciation but I doubt it'll be catastrophic as the 992 at first will also be hard to come by and the 991.2 should give close to the same performance and will be a relative bargain vs the 992. YOLO and all that too...
Old 07-11-2018, 09:22 PM
Maitre_Absolut
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by bobblehead
you can consider buying one off the dealer's inventory (as long you are not very picky in color & options), I would think 3-4% off is doable.
Dealer spec'd cars are often boring spec and bloated MSRP so you'll end up with a deal on a car with options you didn't want/overpriced in the first place. I opted to build with small discount.

I've been following 15-18 4S/4GTS listings on autotrader, they sit for a long time and prices gradually come down. Still too high for me right now but if you are ready to pull the trigger, I wouldnt hesitate to offer what you think is fair. The dealers can only maintain such high prices for so long until they need to eat too...
Old 07-12-2018, 11:11 AM
Soundstream
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Maitre_Absolut
Dealer spec'd cars are often boring spec and bloated MSRP so you'll end up with a deal on a car with options you didn't want/overpriced in the first place. I opted to build with small discount.

I've been following 15-18 4S/4GTS listings on autotrader, they sit for a long time and prices gradually come down. Still too high for me right now but if you are ready to pull the trigger, I wouldnt hesitate to offer what you think is fair. The dealers can only maintain such high prices for so long until they need to eat too...
I'd agree on both points. Because of how many features are options on a 911, the likelihood of finding an exact config you like on the lots is extremely low.

I've been watching the 15's - 18's as well, and I do find they are sitting for a long time without any significant price drops. Or at least not ones that get them in the range that I feel is appropriate.
Old 07-12-2018, 01:45 PM
gsxr_fvr
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CamsPorsche

My nephew just scored an 18 C4S with 4,600kms for $122k from a Porsche dealer so there's deals to be had out there.
That's a hell of a deal. Let's not forget "Deal" Angel's are always on Cam's side!! Us regular folks need to do alot more shopping around...
Old 07-23-2018, 03:36 PM
991GTA
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Soundstream

If you're still looking I might be selling my '18 991.2 GTS with no mileage on it

feel free to shoot me a PM

Quick Reply: Thoughts on current Ontario 991.2 pricing, availability, discounts, etc.