Notices

Canadian GT4s!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 02:42 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts
Default Canadian GT4s!

We need our own running thread so lets see if this sticks! Post what you want!

I just bought mine in April - late to the party I know but it is what it is.

White, buckets, full carbon, leather, fire ext, red deviated stitching and belts, what a sweet car. Bought it with 2400km on it but unfortunately paid almost 20% premium to list. Creampuff DME. I could not find a better deal on a car spec'd the way I wanted, nor could I find a better (for me) car for the money, any brand. Sold my 996TT privately and bought this. I found that even with US prices below list, that I could not import one for a better deal than the local big-premium to list cars. I suppose that foreign exchange has changed a lot and I also believe that the Cdn GT4s were underpriced msrp vs the US cars. Makes Cdn list less relevant than US list in terms of Cdn pricing right now.

Bought mine from Weissach in Vancouver. I'm a PCA member and do some of the PCA things - mostly Bobs Breakfast Club on Sat AMs.

I hope the Canadian GT4 thread takes off!

Old 05-14-2018, 07:32 PM
halo777
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 63 Posts

hot car!
Old 05-15-2018, 12:26 PM
fanny bay r1
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw it on the floor at Weissach, beautiful car congrats!!!
Old 05-15-2018, 02:32 PM
SupraSaiyan
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 73 Posts

I was considering picking up that GT4 as well. Thought it was a great decent compared to rest of nation. Congrats on the new GT4!
Old 05-16-2018, 03:34 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

Thanks all!
I thought that this was the best deal for me to do as well - although there were a TON of GT4s available (still a bunch) at that time given that people were turning them in on their new GT3 deliveries. This one matched my preferred specs the closest.

Since then Ive replaced the Trofeo Rs (nearly new! theyre for sale!) on it with Michelin Sport 4S' as I plan to drive the GT4 in wet weather too, and I live on the North Shore. The Trofeo's are awesome in the dry but require tippy toeing around in 10deg wet - life is too short to daily drive track tires on the street.

Ive also ordered some items from Renndecals - GT4 side scripts, PORSCHE lettering for the wing and wig tip plates..

What a sweet car though. Im really enjoying it. Im glad that I went this route over the other choices.

Ive found that the car really likes 94 ethanol free gas versus anything else. Im not happy that its $1.83/L at my local station.
Old 05-16-2018, 06:25 PM
placebo
Track Day

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Nice GT4, think I saw it at last week's crazy busy Cars and Coffee out at Spanish Banks?

Good call on the Pilot Sport 4S, I just got them on another non Porsche car of mine and am very impressed with how well they handle PNW weather in general.
Old 05-16-2018, 06:36 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

Yup - decided to make the trek across the bridge for Cars and Coffee with my son. Was our first time. Was really busy! I did not like seeing that green hummer hit the Black RTurbo and the d'bags in the hummer just get out of it and walk away.. Probably will not attend many of these if people like that show up.
EDIT - there was no damage to the Porsche but still......
Old 05-16-2018, 06:52 PM
placebo
Track Day

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Whoa really? I did not hear about that - that really sucks! It's usually way less busy than last week. It used to be primarily a Weissach related gathering but I think some people on Facebook have hijacked it to become a more generic CnC event.

Anyway I'll probably bump into you at one of the BBCs, I drive a white 987 Spyder.
Old 05-16-2018, 07:00 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

Saw your car there too! Ill watch for you at BBC
Old 05-17-2018, 05:36 PM
Knight
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by BioBanker
Yup - decided to make the trek across the bridge for Cars and Coffee with my son. Was our first time. Was really busy! I did not like seeing that green hummer hit the Black RTurbo and the d'bags in the hummer just get out of it and walk away.. Probably will not attend many of these if people like that show up.
EDIT - there was no damage to the Porsche but still......
That's pretty bad!

Seems like weissach is not the only one exclusive to the 2nd weekend of every month now.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:55 AM
bgotro
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Took delivery of my GT4 on August 8/2015. Currently have 15,450km on it. Only four paid options - LWBS, PDLS, red belts, and brushed aluminum in the interior. Ticked off all the "free" options! Also, alcantara steering wheel. Fantastic car!!!

Good Friday shot - 2017
Old 05-18-2018, 12:30 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

I don't recall ever seeing a car that looks equally good in every single color that its available in. The reds kill it! The black is awesome! White is amazing! Yellow is outstanding! There is no color choice that is a bad decision in this car IMO
Old 05-18-2018, 05:08 PM
991GTA
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BioBanker
I don't recall ever seeing a car that looks equally good in every single color that its available in. The reds kill it! The black is awesome! White is amazing! Yellow is outstanding! There is no color choice that is a bad decision in this car IMO
I think the blue is the 'middle child'...
Old 05-22-2018, 03:49 PM
jasonturbo
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 28 Posts

Biobanker I just wanted to say you got yourself a gem of a GT4, looking back I should have snapped it up.
Old 05-22-2018, 03:59 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

Thanks - Im enjoying it!
BUT really the only diff between mine and the others was that mine has carbon interior when most do not. There's a bunch of good ones still avail. And its not like I got some smoking deal either at $129k!
Patience and a date that is not in the spring will easily net you a car just like mine for less.

Quick Reply: Canadian GT4s!