Notices

Streaming to TV in Garage - Rogers customer.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 04:46 PM
petee_c
Drifting

Received 98 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Streaming to TV in Garage - Rogers customer.

Anyone share setups for legal, frustration free streaming to a HDMI equipped TV in the garage? I don't have a spare receiver to use out there.

I'm not interested in resurrecting our Kodi box. We have a 2-3yr old chromecast, apple, and android devices as well as various windows laptops.

Looking to have some sports or background noise in the background while tinkering in the garage. We have both Rogers TV and internet, and I think they both come with some free streaming, however I don't know if they will go to the Chromecast.

I sometimes use Youtube and put on a superbike or MotoGP race in the background, or the sportsnet app and cast baseball or hockey to the TV. Sometimes I put netflix on there, not sure if I can put Amazon Prime video on it....
Old 05-02-2018, 05:00 PM
Jaws1
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 153 Posts

Use the Rogers app and stream it from your phone over Apple TV?
Old 05-02-2018, 10:03 PM
petee_c
Drifting

Thx.

Don't have apple tv.

Maybe I can access content through my Rogers account on my laptop and hdmi it onto the tv.?
Old 05-03-2018, 12:04 AM
SlntSam
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an extra TV lying around and thought about doing the very same thing. My Garage is detached though. Was thinking of buying a cheap antenna for this TV and then maybe attaching an old chromecast for YT etc. I don't think you can cast rogers anyplace TV. I think primevideo will work with a roku stick, but I'd rather not get too spendy as it's really just trying to reuse something that's not in use right now.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:16 AM
petee_c
Drifting

Originally Posted by SlntSam
I have an extra TV lying around and thought about doing the very same thing. My Garage is detached though. Was thinking of buying a cheap antenna for this TV and then maybe attaching an old chromecast for YT etc. I don't think you can cast rogers anyplace TV. I think primevideo will work with a roku stick, but I'd rather not get too spendy as it's really just trying to reuse something that's not in use right now.
Yeah, I have a 37" LCD from 10 yrs ago in the garage. We used to have Shaw Direct Satellite, and i had a purchased receiver out there. But we switched to a rogers internet/tv bundle a little less than 2 yrs ago. - they rented us 3 receivers, but they are being used in the house.

Chromecast with youtube works well, The sportsnet app is a little jerky on our chromecast sometimes - not sure why.

If I'm out in the garage tinkering, background noise/tv is enjoyable.

I don't really get OTA stuff in my area.
Old 05-03-2018, 10:15 AM
kgoertz
Pro

I have an extra Rogers set-top box in my basement that has been collecting dust for several years. We switched to Bell and probably won't switch back. You are welcome to have it if you'd like. I'm not far from you at all (just North of Laurel Creek Conservation area).

kevin
Old 05-03-2018, 01:45 PM
petee_c
Drifting

Originally Posted by kgoertz
I have an extra Rogers set-top box in my basement that has been collecting dust for several years. We switched to Bell and probably won't switch back. You are welcome to have it if you'd like. I'm not far from you at all (just North of Laurel Creek Conservation area).

kevin
Sure, I'll give it a try.. I have no idea if they still work with current rogers tv signals or not. I'll PM you for your contact info.
Old 05-03-2018, 02:39 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,022 Likes on 727 Posts

rogers on laptop and hdmi connection to your tv will work fine. Not totally wireless but it will work. I do the same with bell.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:37 PM
SlntSam
Advanced

Just got Rogers Ignite TV. It's IP TV based so should be able to move one of the little receivers into the garage when needed/wanted. Also the new ignite app/site allows you to stream all the channels you're subscribed to, light years better than the "anyplace" TV of old.

Quick Reply: Streaming to TV in Garage - Rogers customer.