Notices

Dealer cancelling sale?

Old 04-24-2018, 04:47 PM
991GTA
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gbx996
I am the wife, actually. I found the car when my husband was away on a business trip. The deal was conditional on making sure my husband could comfortably get in and out of the bucket seats. My SA suggested to come back and do finance app next day when we are certain the seats are okay for him. It's also a GT car as I hate SUV's and only want 3 pedals. Thanks for your input though!
I wish my wife would surprise me with GT cars when I'm away on business!
Old 04-24-2018, 05:08 PM
Adamant1971
Rennlist Member

Received 964 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by 991GTA
Wow...what makes you entitled to see any proof? And why does the OP need to provide proof when she was simply looking for "Advice" or "thoughts"?? She didn't come here and say "Adamant1971 I need your help specifically" or "Members, please help me bash dealer xxxx to get a better deal"...

Way to welcome a new member.
You are 100% correct, I'm not entitled to see anything. But we live in a world where people jump on the web to complain about everything, and so everyone is entitled to draw their own conclusions positive or negative. I prefer to know both sides of any story, it's just how I am.
Old 04-24-2018, 05:50 PM
Muskoka
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 88 Posts

I wish my wife would surprise me with GT cars when I'm away on business!
amen to that.

This thread is swinging like a pendulum between love and hate.
Old 04-24-2018, 10:05 PM
red996
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

I’m doubtful the other buyer had a deposit down because when my SA was doing the paperwork he said that nothing was marked down and car was available. They have told me the mistake was that the other SA and buyer put the deposit down on the wrong car in their system - which has alarm bells ringing to me.
I am kinda surprised they didn't try to brew up a bidding war between you and the other "buyer". Just move on from this. You would think there are dealers that actually want your business. These guy's are clowns.
Old 04-24-2018, 10:35 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 487 Likes on 365 Posts

It seems they had a firm purchase. In life ca$h is king. GBX996 needed to make sure her husband could fit in the seats before she applied for financing. If I were the dealer I would take the ca$h as well.
GBX996; most cars that are tracked especially gt cars are better maintained and if it is a gt car would have had the coolant pipes fixed already as well as some track bits. Oh and I thought you said the options you want only come up every year or so and the car they have doesn't have the right options? Wow you really are confused here. And what did you come here for? you wanted some sympathy and someone to tell you to call omvic as the dealer owes you a car? why not just call OMVIC yourself in the first place?
Old 04-24-2018, 11:17 PM
Sir5n
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by moab
actually, here is a pic of OP:

Friend of yours?
Old 04-24-2018, 11:20 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Old 04-24-2018, 11:28 PM
gbx996
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by red996
I am kinda surprised they didn't try to brew up a bidding war between you and the other "buyer". Just move on from this. You would think there are dealers that actually want your business. These guy's are clowns.
yep I am also surprised as I absolutely would have paid higher than it was listed for since it ticked all my boxes!
Old 04-24-2018, 11:32 PM
gbx996
AutoX

Originally Posted by Turbodan
It seems they had a firm purchase. In life ca$h is king. GBX996 needed to make sure her husband could fit in the seats before she applied for financing. If I were the dealer I would take the ca$h as well.
GBX996; most cars that are tracked especially gt cars are better maintained and if it is a gt car would have had the coolant pipes fixed already as well as some track bits. Oh and I thought you said the options you want only come up every year or so and the car they have doesn't have the right options? Wow you really are confused here. And what did you come here for? you wanted some sympathy and someone to tell you to call omvic as the dealer owes you a car? why not just call OMVIC yourself in the first place?
why are you assuming the other buyer paid in cash when that was never stated? I also never said that the options I want only come up every year, I said there isn’t a directly comparable option to replace the car I missed out on; either it will have same options but high mileage or low mileage and no options. Not sure why you’ve come here to be a massive dick but I’d really appreciate if you took it elsewhere as you aren’t adding any insight whatsoever to my situation.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:30 AM
gbx996
AutoX

gbx996 - Welcome to the forum. Hopefully you found the advice from most of the posts here to be valuable.
Thank you! I didn’t think my situation would stir up such a ridiculous amount of drama - just wondering if anyone else had been in a situation where a dealer reneged on a sales contract. Was also hoping if I took the dealer up on their less than ideal CPO alternative I could negotiate new allocation but they were very noncommittal. I will just take my business elsewhere and feel thankful this situation revealed all that it did.

Guess I will just keep my search parameters open as I’d like to get into something now that the season is starting up!
Old 04-25-2018, 06:03 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

why are you assuming the other buyer paid in cash when that was never stated? I also never said that the options I want only come up every year, I said there isn’t a directly comparable option to replace the car I missed out on; either it will have same options but high mileage or low mileage and no options. Not sure why you’ve come here to be a massive dick but I’d really appreciate if you took it elsewhere as you aren’t adding any insight whatsoever to my situation.
It is clear that your deal was not firm and the other deal was. You come on here to whine and looking for sympathy when most Porsche purchases that are contingent on spouse approval get cancelled, especially when financing is involved. Sorry if you don't like it but that is a fact. So when the facts are laid out and it is clear you did not have a firm purchase you call me names? What would you want added to your situation? sympathy? What have you added to this technical forum btw?
Old 04-26-2018, 01:25 AM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Give a girl a break, will ya.

gbox996, like on any car forum, flybys are not very welcome by the regulars. Unless you properly introduce yourself with pictures (of a car) some will go as far as attacking you (see above), or making a mockery of your thread (see above) or even get the mods to delete or close your thread. Welcome to Rennlist Canada! However, majority here would be happy to help when you have a real problem. Perhaps what some are trying to say is that yours isnt. I can totally understand how upset you are though. Unfortunatly, car business is a very dirty business. The dealer sold the car to whomever they wanted to, regardless who was or was not there first. They all do this. Nothing can be done.

Good luck with your search,

Stan
Old 04-26-2018, 03:34 AM
Walt L
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow...
Can you guess who's the used car salesman?
Seemed like a legitimate post to begin this thread...
Just sayin....
Old 04-27-2018, 11:00 PM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 385 Likes on 164 Posts

Literally this afternoon I heard of another dealer selling a Cayman a customer was looking at to someone who walked in and was prepared to buy immediately. Happens all the time...if dealers waited for every tom, dick and harry to check with their wife, girlfriend, boyfriend etc. they wouldn't be in business.

Sucks...but I'd move along and be prepared to act if you spot the car you like regardless of wife, girlfriend or boyfriend.
Old 04-28-2018, 01:49 PM
vern1
Drifting

Received 104 Likes on 70 Posts

Thank you! I didn’t think my situation would stir up such a ridiculous amount of drama - just wondering if anyone else had been in a situation where a dealer reneged on a sales contract. Was also hoping if I took the dealer up on their less than ideal CPO alternative I could negotiate new allocation but they were very noncommittal. I will just take my business elsewhere and feel thankful this situation revealed all that it did.

Guess I will just keep my search parameters open as I’d like to get into something now that the season is starting up!
Agree it sucks and you are doing the right thing to move on to another dealer. I am naive as well when it comes to dealers but i would also be pissed if they took my deposit, agreed to your terms re seeing if the seats fit and then made up some bs and sold to someone else. I guess thats the reality of the car business these days but shows a lack of proper business etiquette in my books and an appalling lack of customer service. But obviously they dont give a ****te

Hope you find something else that works for you and come back when you do

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dealer cancelling sale?