Notices

Dealer cancelling sale?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 01:12 PM
ekam
Drifting

Received 486 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
Hes trying to leverage bad press to force dealer into giving him better concessions On another car im sure
But the offer was on another car they have in stock...

Not sure how he's able to get more discount on a new car. It's not like Pcar dealers are hurting for sales in Ontario. Wouldn't hurt to ask I suppose.
Old 04-23-2018, 01:18 PM
991GTA
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gbx996
Not saying I am going to take legal action, I just want to be equipped with knowledge for negotiating leverage. My ideal outcome would be getting allocation for a new car instead since nothing else comparable is available.

I’m doubtful the other buyer had a deposit down because when my SA was doing the paperwork he said that nothing was marked down and car was available. They have told me the mistake was that the other SA and buyer put the deposit down on the wrong car in their system - which has alarm bells ringing to me.
Sounds like an excuse. Unfortunately there's nothing you can do here....other than move on to a more ethical dealer. I'm sure many of the members here (myself included) would be happy to refer you to a Dealer/SA that has some integrity.
Old 04-23-2018, 01:44 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,021 Likes on 726 Posts

Sounds just like a mistake on a stock car and they tried to make it up by offering a discount on another stock car. I don't think there was anything unethical about it , **** happens.
I think I have more of a problem with people who try to seize opportunity and take advantage out of someone else making a mistake and trying to make it right .
There has to be ethics on both sides.

sorry , just my 2c CAD ,.
Old 04-23-2018, 01:51 PM
docdrs
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by moab
actually, here is a pic of OP:

Thats awefully nice of him to carry his spouse's purse or murse depending on spouse's gender.

That aside, something smells fishy about this thread from the get go.
Old 04-23-2018, 05:09 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ekam

Well is the OP lying on Gender? Or do some assume too much? I DO find it highly suspicious that the first post from whom ever this is was made on the same day as their Rennlist join day. So one assumes this topic and these questions were the prime motivation for joining Rennlist. I hate being suspicious but it does make me wonder... At least there was no name and shame of a dealer in an attempt to screw with the dealers business. We've all seen that in the past and there are always three sides to these stories... And what happened to the post a picture of your car for new members?
Old 04-23-2018, 05:28 PM
nowakm99
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

This isn't worth pursuing in my opinion. Just move on with your life and keep looking for the car that you want. Next time, just pull the trigger when you find what you want.
Old 04-23-2018, 05:31 PM
Adamant1971
Rennlist Member

Received 974 Likes on 470 Posts

I call total BS on the OP's post. Just an internet troll that is pissed at a dealer for some reason, and most likely the dealer dodged a bullet on this one.
Old 04-23-2018, 07:12 PM
991GTA
Instructor

Wow, why all the hate here? She didn't come here to bash the dealer and post their name, she simply came to a board of enthuasiasts looking for advice. I don't see how she's a troll or trying to leverage bad press.

She asked if OMVIC could help - unfortunately no they cannot since the transaction was reversed. If she didn't receive her deposit back then, yes, OMVIC could help there, but that's about it.
She also said that there was no other comparable car - she didn't say she was playing dirty by trying to use social media to get a discount on another car.

I think she came here with a valid concern - she was first to place a deposit on a car and the dealer backed out.

gbx996 - Welcome to the forum. Hopefully you found the advice from most of the posts here to be valuable.
Old 04-23-2018, 09:38 PM
canuck964
Burning Brakes

Received 109 Likes on 69 Posts

I think the OP's issue happens all the time.

In fact it happen to me although I was the a - hole and was the one pursuing the car even-thought someone else had put down a deposit.

The car was imported from Japan and the dealer had found a buyer for it before it landed.

HOWEVER the potential purchaser had placed a subject on the deal that they had to first sell their other car.

I came into the deal with a backup, all cash offer and I offered more than the asking price.

To the dealer's credit he told me that he gave the original purchaser one week to close on the deal or it would be sold to me.

The original purchaser could not close on the deal and I got the car.
Old 04-24-2018, 10:53 AM
Adamant1971
Rennlist Member

Received 974 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by 991GTA
Wow, why all the hate here? She didn't come here to bash the dealer and post their name, she simply came to a board of enthuasiasts looking for advice. I don't see how she's a troll or trying to leverage bad press.

She asked if OMVIC could help - unfortunately no they cannot since the transaction was reversed. If she didn't receive her deposit back then, yes, OMVIC could help there, but that's about it.
She also said that there was no other comparable car - she didn't say she was playing dirty by trying to use social media to get a discount on another car.

I think she came here with a valid concern - she was first to place a deposit on a car and the dealer backed out.

gbx996 - Welcome to the forum. Hopefully you found the advice from most of the posts here to be valuable.
Assuming that we have heard the whole story? Not everything on the internet is true especially when you are only hearing one side of the story. I'm sorry if my post seemed harsh, it's just that I don't jump on and believe everything I hear on the internet until I see proof and or get the whole story.
Old 04-24-2018, 11:17 AM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 598 Likes on 291 Posts

I like this thread. More interesting than oil
Old 04-24-2018, 04:06 PM
991GTA
Instructor

Hello everyone,

So I went and put a $5k deposit on a CPO car along with signing a sales contract. The only stipulation in writing was that my spouse needed to view the vehicle the following morning and then we would complete a finance application. When we came round to the dealer the following day we were told the car I had signed a contract for was already promised to someone else earlier in the week and that he would be coming in later that day to make up his mind. So we left and were later notified he did indeed follow through with the purchase. They told me they would return my deposit and offer a discount on another car they had in stock. The other car has less options, more miles, and is not what I was looking for.

This is my first experience trying to purchase a Porsche also, and got the vibe that they gave me the run around. My SA originally said another buyer was interested but not able to make it in until the following week, that was why I put down a deposit and signed a contract the same day. I guess I’m just wondering what rights I have, if any, under OMVIC/ONTARIO law. Is this considered breach of contract on their end? There is no other comparable car in the province at this point so I feel like I am really screwed over. Advice, thoughts?
Originally Posted by Adamant1971
Assuming that we have heard the whole story? Not everything on the internet is true especially when you are only hearing one side of the story. I'm sorry if my post seemed harsh, it's just that I don't jump on and believe everything I hear on the internet until I see proof and or get the whole story.
Wow...what makes you entitled to see any proof? And why does the OP need to provide proof when she was simply looking for "Advice" or "thoughts"?? She didn't come here and say "Adamant1971 I need your help specifically" or "Members, please help me bash dealer xxxx to get a better deal"...

Way to welcome a new member.
Old 04-24-2018, 04:35 PM
gbx996
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbodan
first off which dealer?
second: you gave a deposit conditional on your wife giving approval to finance it? I have a guess where this deal would have gone had the car been available. This car had the build which you want and is hard to find. why not have a discussion with the wife before hand and get her approval before wasting everybody's time? and that way when a car comes up you can actually finance it.
Geez, the number of times I have heard that story and then the wife cancels the deal... Does she check with you everytime she buys a purse or shoes?
The more I think about it, they did you a favor that you didn't have to tell them your wife wouldn't let you finance the sports car. oh and let me further guess...it wasn't a 911 but an SUV.
Rant over.
I am the wife, actually. I found the car when my husband was away on a business trip. The deal was conditional on making sure my husband could comfortably get in and out of the bucket seats. My SA suggested to come back and do finance app next day when we are certain the seats are okay for him. It's also a GT car as I hate SUV's and only want 3 pedals. Thanks for your input though!
Old 04-24-2018, 04:41 PM
ekam
Drifting

Received 486 Likes on 314 Posts

I am the wife, actually. I found the car when my husband was away on a business trip. The deal was conditional on making sure my husband could comfortably get in and out of the bucket seats. My SA suggested to come back and do finance app next day when we are certain the seats are okay for him. It's also a GT car as I hate SUV's and only want 3 pedals. Thanks for your input though!
Old 04-24-2018, 04:44 PM
gbx996
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update on the situation (for those who believe I am a genuine person just trying to purchase a car!): Got my deposit refunded. They offered $5k off the other car they had in stock. Options wise it's pretty much all the same. However, it has 18,000 more km's and confirmed it was tracked (where the original car was not).

I am quite hesitant on it. Maybe the dealer, who I will NOT be naming, made a mistake or maybe they just wanted to sell to someone else. IDK. I do feel a bit bad for my SA as he was a really nice guy and has also lost out on the sale/commission.

Quick Reply: Dealer cancelling sale?