Porsche Oakville 25% off Tequipment

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 12:27 PM
ekam
Drifting

Received 486 Likes on 314 Posts
Lightbulb Porsche Oakville 25% off Tequipment

From their FB:
Get set for spring with Porsche Tequipment. For the month of April, Porsche Centre Oakville is offering a savings of 25% on all Tequipment items, excluding wheel sets.
Great for updating PCM maps and change out steering wheel. I wonder if this promo is applicable at other Pcar dealers?
Old 04-10-2018, 09:35 AM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

suspension kits?
Old 04-10-2018, 09:47 AM
uniquenamehere
Burning Brakes

Received 116 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by 987981
suspension kits?
I think you could get more for your dollar if you look elsewhere for suspension kits.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:45 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,012 Likes on 719 Posts

Originally Posted by 987981
suspension kits?
With 25% off , you will only over pay by about 50% now !!!
Old 04-13-2018, 01:13 PM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Received 169 Likes on 89 Posts

I saw this post and though it would be a great opportunity to get a few things for my Macan. Emailed them and got prices and everything was good, but they don't take credit card unless you are at the store. That's a hassle but I would be able to direct deposit so I said fine. Then I get the invoice and they want me to pay HST even though they are shipping out of province. There goes most of the discount savings. Why should I pay HST they are not required to charge or remit? I love it when people make it hard for me to spend money.
Old 04-13-2018, 01:43 PM
Adamant1971
Rennlist Member

Received 967 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by Loess
I saw this post and though it would be a great opportunity to get a few things for my Macan. Emailed them and got prices and everything was good, but they don't take credit card unless you are at the store. That's a hassle but I would be able to direct deposit so I said fine. Then I get the invoice and they want me to pay HST even though they are shipping out of province. There goes most of the discount savings. Why should I pay HST they are not required to charge or remit? I love it when people make it hard for me to spend money.
They are a brick and mortar retailer and their POS system will charge HST on every single sale unless you have Native Indian status. If you want to apply for a PST rebate it's up to you, not them.

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-age...-part-hst.html
Old 04-13-2018, 02:24 PM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Adamant1971
They are a brick and mortar retailer and their POS system will charge HST on every single sale unless you have Native Indian status. If you want to apply for a PST rebate it's up to you, not them.

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-age...-part-hst.html

I shouldn't have to apply for a rebate because they aren't required to collect it. I guess they are free to charge non-applicable taxes if they like. Just an fyi for others. I'll move on.

https://canadabusiness.ca/government...ing-sales-tax/
Old 04-13-2018, 10:45 PM
Maitre_Absolut
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts

What are you getting for the Macan?
Old 04-18-2018, 02:59 PM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Update on parts order. The guys at Oakville were able to not charge me HST so everything is sorted. I'm just waiting for shipping.

I ordered the aluminium shift **** (cheaper than ordering with the car directly), the aluminium gas cap (cheaper again, this is for my 911, I have one on my Macan and like it even though I don't think it's metal), and the polished tail pipes (better match for the roof-rails and window surrounds). I would have ordered carbon door sills but I'm afraid to try to change those.
Old 04-19-2018, 11:26 AM
Maitre_Absolut
Instructor

Uggh now I'm on the Tequipment site and I feel like I'm back on the configurator again...

Carbon interior is 1850$ for 4 pieces, no gear trim surround. Even with a 25% off, dont think its worth it.

Sport plus retro is 1125$, I may be tempted.
Old 04-19-2018, 01:07 PM
ekam
Drifting

Received 486 Likes on 314 Posts

Nobody use this to update their PCM maps? AFAIK the update can only be done at the dealer even if you have the CD/DVD? Or everybody just give up and use their Googlemap/Waze on their phone?
Old 04-19-2018, 01:46 PM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Mine has the carbon trim and I really like it. I like the black aluminium trim as well though. You should get the dash trim as well as the front and back door trim with the upgrade. I don't think there is any option for the gear trim surround. I upgraded to sport plus and it is definitely worth is to me. Very noticeable difference with aggressive upshifting and downshifting.

I've updated my maps over the air but I rarely use the Porsche nav. I generally just use the carplay iphone nav. I believe you can add carplay even if you didn't order connect.

Old 04-19-2018, 02:33 PM
Maitre_Absolut
Instructor

It works well if you have the steering wheel, but it seems only that only the glovebox portion is really visible.

Carplay was pretty reasonable at 750$ but I thought connect was necessary. I don't even use apple, wife does though, but maybe for resale its worth it.

For sport plus, is there an additionnal installation fee?

Mine has the carbon trim and I really like it. I like the black aluminium trim as well though. You should get the dash trim as well as the front and back door trim with the upgrade. I don't think there is any option for the gear trim surround. I upgraded to sport plus and it is definitely worth is to me. Very noticeable difference with aggressive upshifting and downshifting.

I've updated my maps over the air but I rarely use the Porsche nav. I generally just use the carplay iphone nav. I believe you can add carplay even if you didn't order connect.
Old 04-19-2018, 03:57 PM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

I think Connect is a waste of money but I would want it to get Carplay. However it looks like you can add the software for Carplay to work without having to order the car with Connect and nav. Likely only works on the newer PCM though.

There is an installation fee for sport plus. They actually change out the left button module (can't just add a button) specifically for your options as well as installing the software.

You can buy the steering wheel in carbon as well but then it starts getting expensive. What trim do you have now?
Old 04-19-2018, 08:29 PM
Maitre_Absolut
Instructor

17 GTS, so PCM 4.0. We have Carplay and Android auto in our 18 GTI and as much as I am an android guy I still just use the regular NAV and google/waze on my phone rather than plugging it in. Super lazy I know.

I rarely drive in sport as well, so I dont know if sport plus is worth it.

I think Connect is a waste of money but I would want it to get Carplay. However it looks like you can add the software for Carplay to work without having to order the car with Connect and nav. Likely only works on the newer PCM though.

There is an installation fee for sport plus. They actually change out the left button module (can't just add a button) specifically for your options as well as installing the software.

You can buy the steering wheel in carbon as well but then it starts getting expensive. What trim do you have now?

Quick Reply: Porsche Oakville 25% off Tequipment