Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Congrats!
Old 04-13-2018, 02:32 PM
Stevelev
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 103 Posts

Nice ride ! Hopefully we'll meet up at some point in O-town. A couple of things that might be helpful:

1) I picked up a T-design phone mount for my 991 (also have one for my 981) and they work great. I went with the magnetic mount and although the "early" version seems to allow the phone to slide around a bit, T-design sent me a 2nd one to try with a stronger magnet and it seemed to work fine in my 981 (it resides in the sunny south). I'm anxiously awaiting some warm weather to confirm if the magnetic mount works as well as the one I have in my S3.

2) I installed a Skene license bracket on the 991 which does require drilling; however, when removed the holes can only be seen if lying on the ground below the bumper. This bracket provides the ability to raise and lower the plate so if you need better airflow for a centre rad the plate can sit higher than where I set mine.
Old 04-13-2018, 02:47 PM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Stevelev
Nice ride ! Hopefully we'll meet up at some point in O-town. A couple of things that might be helpful:

1) I picked up a T-design phone mount for my 991 (also have one for my 981) and they work great. I went with the magnetic mount and although the "early" version seems to allow the phone to slide around a bit, T-design sent me a 2nd one to try with a stronger magnet and it seemed to work fine in my 981 (it resides in the sunny south). I'm anxiously awaiting some warm weather to confirm if the magnetic mount works as well as the one I have in my S3.

2) I installed a Skene license bracket on the 991 which does require drilling; however, when removed the holes can only be seen if lying on the ground below the bumper. This bracket provides the ability to raise and lower the plate so if you need better airflow for a centre rad the plate can sit higher than where I set mine.
Hey Steve,

Nice to meet you and hopefully we will meet face to face this summer. Thanks for your info on the plate bracket and the phone. I did watch the Skene system install video and saw that there are a couple of holes you need to drill on an angle. If you can't see them, then it sounds like a good system. I also saw the adjustability which I agree, is a useful feature. I will order a set now. As for the phone mount, I will check it out.
Old 04-13-2018, 03:06 PM
Stevelev
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by justinsrx7
Hey Steve,

Nice to meet you and hopefully we will meet face to face this summer. Thanks for your info on the plate bracket and the phone. I did watch the Skene system install video and saw that there are a couple of holes you need to drill on an angle. If you can't see them, then it sounds like a good system. I also saw the adjustability which I agree, is a useful feature. I will order a set now. As for the phone mount, I will check it out.
I should also mention that I had the bracket shipped directly to Lauzon Porsche for them to install it. I can tell you that the two way tape isn't enough on its own. While adjusting the plate position when I got home from Montreal, one side came away from the bumper and thats when I realized they didn't use the screws. Took me a while to get up the courage to add the screws ... it worked out and neither the car nor I were injured while doing so ...
Old 04-13-2018, 04:15 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts

Congrats! What kind or temp plate is in the back?
Old 04-13-2018, 05:29 PM
Johnny DB
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 101 Posts

Would love to see your custom bracket. Maybe that's what I need to do.
We can meet up when I take my car out of storage!
Old 04-13-2018, 05:29 PM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Imo000
Congrats! What kind or temp plate is in the back?
Thanks. It was a Quebec plate as I bought the car at Lamborghini Montreal.
Old 04-14-2018, 10:44 AM
initial
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice! I think I spotted it at the March Road LCBO yesterday (but can't remember if it was a cab). Congrats.
Old 04-15-2018, 09:16 AM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by initial
Very nice! I think I spotted it at the March Road LCBO yesterday (but can't remember if it was a cab). Congrats.
yup, that was me.
Old 04-18-2018, 11:27 AM
Johnny DB
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 101 Posts

Taking mine out this weekend hopefully! Can't wait!
Old 04-18-2018, 07:45 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

Hi old friend and new members,

I have been offline for a few years after selling my '78 Turbo-look in 2015, but I'm happy to be back with a new-to-me Porsche. I just picked up a 2009 911 Turbo Cabriolet manual with 39,xxx km's. I had a ton of fun driving it home today from the dealership. Looking forward to catching up with you all at GTG's. Here are the obligatory pics...lol.

P.S. In the second pic (yellow arrow), there is what appears to be some kind of phone holder. Anyone ever seen one of these and know anything about it?

Sweet looking Turbo Cab.
Looks like the weather gods may finally smile on us this weekend up here in Ont/Que. so we can FINALLY log some Kms. It's been a long winter.......

Quick Reply: Happy to be back after 3 years with a new ride