Notices

BC insurance options

Old 03-05-2018, 02:28 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,138 Likes on 560 Posts
Default BC insurance options

I'm wondering what everyone is using for insurance on 911 or other cars on ICBC's "we hate you" list. I understand that the basic plan is required from ICBC, but what are the preferred options for the other part - same ICBC, private or self-insured (no coverage)?

I'm fine self-insuring because I figure you always end up paying more to the insurance company than they pay to you, but wondering if there are any caveats there.
Old 03-05-2018, 02:59 PM
strathconaman
Three Wheelin'

Received 200 Likes on 129 Posts

My not-to-be-taken-as-legal-advice advice is that self insurance in the automobile world isn't a great idea; the risk of a multi-million dollar claim against you is a real one. Look, ICBC is paying out more than they are taking in. By your logic they are selling insurance at a discount.
The following users liked this post:
pettelli (09-08-2021)
Old 03-05-2018, 03:40 PM
r8v10plus
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used Belairdirect for my Huracan 580 and I will be using them again for my Performante. Much cheaper compared to what ICBC offers for the 3rd party luxury insurance, in fact my quote from Belair was around 50% cheaper. The better driving record and higher your credit score the better quote you get.
Old 03-05-2018, 04:03 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by strathconaman
My not-to-be-taken-as-legal-advice advice is that self insurance in the automobile world isn't a great idea; the risk of a multi-million dollar claim against you is a real one. Look, ICBC is paying out more than they are taking in. By your logic they are selling insurance at a discount.
Liability is still via ICBC. I meant the for damage to my car. ICBC average payout per $150K+ car registered was just under $800 per year, while the price of insurance for such a car is at least 5 times that amount, so they are making money on this segment and losing somewhere else.
Old 03-05-2018, 04:04 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by r8v10plus
I used Belairdirect for my Huracan 580 and I will be using them again for my Performante. Much cheaper compared to what ICBC offers for the 3rd party luxury insurance, in fact my quote from Belair was around 50% cheaper. The better driving record and higher your credit score the better quote you get.
I'll hit them up, thanks!
Old 03-05-2018, 07:33 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

I debated Belair and got a quote, but it wasn't different enough from ICBC for me to split them up.
Old 09-29-2021, 05:44 AM
Amardanan
2nd Gear

Insurance should be an essential item on your to-do list, just like other important things. Once my car was stolen, and I had no insurance, I received 30 thousand dollars. I am a person with an average income. For me, this amount is excruciating. Even here, it is difficult to say something. The first thing I did was go to the station, file a theft report, and then go out and get insurance. By the way, it was pretty simple, I came, signed, and immediately got an insurance policy. After some time my car was found and returned to me. I was thrilled. My insurance covers minor car repairs and some costs. So to speak help in "hjälp med försäkringsärende" does not be superfluous.
Old 09-29-2021, 10:21 AM
CanuckGT4
Burning Brakes

Received 264 Likes on 173 Posts

I used bcaa previously when I couldnt find anyone to insure my panamera for optional insurance. Spotless driving record fyi. I used Stratford this time for my new Cayenne GTS, who have outlets in superstore. Much cheaper and I also got full replacement value. Win.

Last edited by CanuckGT4; 09-29-2021 at 10:23 AM.
Old 04-19-2023, 08:47 AM
Larhamo
5th Gear

Hey there! If you're looking for car insurance in Texas, you should know that rates can vary depending on your age, location, driving history, and the car you drive. Texas tends to have higher car insurance rates than a lot of other states because of more accidents and insurance claims.

But don't worry, there are things you can do to lower your rates such as driving safely, picking higher deductibles, and snagging discounts provided by insurance companies. It's also a good idea to shop around and compare quotes from different insurers to find the best deal on coverage that fits your needs. Overall, you want to make sure you understand your car insurance policy and coverage to stay in the clear in case something happens while you're driving!
  1. USAA - $1,006 - not for everyone
  2. Geico - $1,118 - an option for anyone
  3. State Farm - $1,261
  4. Nationwide - $1,319
  5. Progressive - $1,384

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BC insurance options