997tt Anyone skip a PPI and bought anyway - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

997tt Anyone skip a PPI and bought anyway

Old 03-06-2018, 03:08 PM
GTA_G20
User

Originally Posted by Cosmo Kramer View Post
For me, it comes down to risk factor. I usually research the known issues and look at what the cost is to recitify them if they come up. If I am willing to risk the $$, then I go without PPI. In saying that, I have never purchased a car sight unseen and I am pretty good at picking out flaws, previous paintwork, engine noises etc. I always ask for a history report and any service records if the PO has them.
Agreed 💯
Old 03-06-2018, 05:25 PM
Feld
User

Depends on situation, I bought a 997.2 without PPI using judgement. Car had 10k miles one owner, after lengthy conversations sent deposit with sale contingent on my inspection. I arrived and looked around the stable and this car lived its life in a very nice environment, never saw rain and seller even had it serviced before my arrival without requesting this. Full disclosure I have experience with paint finishes and could tell paint was all original. Honest people doing a deal......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 997tt Anyone skip a PPI and bought anyway

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: