Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie140
Saved up for it.

....Bingo!! 😆
Old 03-02-2018, 07:19 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 345 Posts

I'm in the thick of it and very happy with the plan. I think it comes down to the BIG # 1 and thats health. The money is not that big a deal. I spent decades in the security business and I realized I lost the passion after years of listening to and seeing the same misery. So I set a goal for myself, something completely removed from the previous journey, a retirement project that would be something special and it's underway just outside of Huntsville. I'd heard it's the journey not so much the destination and I couldn't agree more. Along the way I've found great driving roads with little to no traffic so thats helpful in the journey.
Old 03-02-2018, 07:45 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 709 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
....Bingo!! ��
Now that I have the perfect home made pasta recipe, I'm starting work on the perfect chinese egg fried rice recipe!

Fvcked it up all afternoon. Rice is WAY harder than pasta.

Yup, I'm that guy, too.
Old 03-02-2018, 09:04 PM
petee_c
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
What did you do between 48 and 63?
I went to Costco with the wife and had a hotdog and we split a Sunday, then bought some groceries...

Then I made a bacon wrapped meatloaf and rewatched the last half of batman vs superman in preparation for watching justice league with the family...

Tidied up a bit in the basement, sorting through stuff I've accumulated in the past 25 years...

Now at my son's major peewee game in Orangeville
Old 03-02-2018, 09:04 PM
.2PDK
Drifting

Received 1,190 Likes on 718 Posts

Originally Posted by docdrs
Now, how can I masssage things to make this new budget impact me less.......not sure why they call him honourable when it should be horrible mr morneau and his boy toy justin..........lets just give it all to the ones who have no get up and go and just want to smoke pot......oh was that my outside voice.
Those two are the biggest embarrassment since the first Trudeau...
Old 03-06-2018, 02:17 AM
creaturecat
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Now, how can I masssage things to make this new budget impact me less.......not sure why they call him honourable when it should be horrible mr morneau and his boy toy justin..........lets just give it all to the ones who have no get up and go and just want to smoke pot......oh was that my outside voice.
no political crap.
have you read the forum guidelines? quote: Furthermore, they must not contain political statements, controversial messages, slurs or any other provocative statements.
Old 03-08-2018, 05:07 PM
fanny bay r1
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by creaturecat
no political crap.
have you read the forum guidelines? quote: Furthermore, they must not contain political statements, controversial messages, slurs or any other provocative statements.
Oh for God's sake!! I hope that was tongue in cheek!!

I'll consider scaling back or retiring when I reach 70 or so, retiring before that seems a bit pathetic to me!!
Old 03-08-2018, 09:38 PM
Smitten
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

If you can reduce your work week, do it. You'll never regret it.
I'm 58, retired at 53, so I guess I took the pathetic route. Now, my days are mine (or my wife's). I still need and crave mentally-challenging projects, but I get to define them. Travel, woodworking, rebuilding motorcycles, tinkering with cars, looking forward to teaching my grandson which end of a wrench to hold, how to strike an arc, and what all the other tools in Grampie's shop are for. Retiring is the best thing I've done, and I found I'm pretty good at it.
Old 03-09-2018, 12:54 AM
docdrs
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by creaturecat
no political crap.
No I didnt , just like I said to the CRA agent , but hold on while I do , then went and read them and asked could you please show me where it says that! Then told him I wanted to speak to his superior as he was assuming things that made him look like he hadnt and taking liberties that he was not entitled to. Its OT and please do not suppress freedom of speech. Political? Politicians lie all the time to get re elected.....or rather make promises and then renege to be PC. ( not the party) . Controversial...... every topic in this forum could be deemed controversial..( best way to get informed of all sides). Slur.... ? Not really, would offend me if it wasnt true nor if it was true.......provacative...... only if you dont like hearing the truth or someone opinion. Read below

Originally Posted by fanny bay r1
Oh for God's sake!! I hope that was tongue in cheek!!

I'll consider scaling back or retiring when I reach 70 or so, retiring before that seems a bit pathetic to me!!
Of course it was. This is OT and as per guidlines afaik and iirc lattitude is allowed. Otherwise he must have been one of the many who voted liberal. ( Not that there is anything wrong with that ). And for that I applaud him for stepping out of the closet as I have yet to find someone who did ! T&C as well

Old 03-09-2018, 12:56 AM
docdrs
Rennlist Member

Oooops
Old 03-09-2018, 10:57 AM
.2PDK
Drifting

Otherwise he must have been one of the many who voted liberal. ( Not that there is anything wrong with that ).
I beg to differ...
Old 03-09-2018, 01:30 PM
docdrs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tse
I beg to differ...
I honestly cannot say I disagree with you. , was just really quoting Jerry.
Old 03-09-2018, 05:49 PM
.2PDK
Drifting

I honestly cannot say I disagree with you. , was just really quoting Jerry.
I know, Jerry was a funny guy.

Justin on the other hand is downright dangerous.

Quick Reply: OT: Finishing the rat race - going part time. -slowing down