Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Rennlist Canada (https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist-canada-98/)
-   -   Transit Time from Halifax to Vancouver (https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist-canada/1053143-transit-time-from-halifax-to-vancouver.html)

YVR74 02-24-2018 11:06 AM

Transit Time from Halifax to Vancouver

As an aside to the BC Luxury Tax thread, I have a vehicle on order that is scheduled to arrive in Halifax on Feb. 27. How long should it take to load the car onto rail and get it here to Vancouver? If I can get the car invoiced prior to April 1, hopefully I can avoid the new tax that Comrade Horgan is imposing on all of the filthy rich people in the province. Will a month be enough time typically?

na94 02-24-2018 11:58 AM

I have a friend whose car was in Halifax last week for an early delivery. Hopefully you guys can get taken care of before the new tax hits. I would not walk away at a 25% tax, but I would not order unless I had a massive trade-in, which I am guessing you had in order to get the allocation. Good luck.

YVR74 02-24-2018 12:19 PM

I’m trading my C63 AMG, with a trade value of only $25k. I’ve had the car since new, but it’s time for a new one I figured. Problem is, I had my deposit in since early December and I don’t think it’s fair or reasonable for the government to change the deal on me. And I agree, I also probably wouldn’t have ordered if I knew up front that this would be the tax rate. I suspect many others will have the same mind set after April 1, which isn’t exactly good news for high end car dealers.

na94 02-24-2018 12:29 PM

Okay, that will be a massive tax bill. Call your SA today amd see what they can do for you. Who is it?

bcrdukes 02-24-2018 12:39 PM

You should be okay.

I shipped my car from Vancouver to Toronto at around this time of year by rail and it took a week. If it helps, I told Hansen's to take their sweet time too! I cannot imagine it taking a month from Halifax.

Jamie140 02-24-2018 12:55 PM

PM user Nacelle or JUP JAI. They'll be able to tell you.

Abby997 02-24-2018 01:37 PM

It really depends on if they have truck available there right away to pick up and if it needed any work at the port. My first car took about 2 weeks from Halifax to dealership in B.C, 2nd one took about a month.

YVR74 02-24-2018 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by na94 (Post 14826004)
Okay, that will be a massive tax bill. Call your SA today amd see what they can do for you. Who is it?

yeah, I thought the original tax bill was massive enough.

The car is ordered from Langley. So, they say it’s showing to get to them on March 22, but of course nothing is set in stone. I’m really hopeful at this point but I’d be lying if I said this whole tax thing doesn’t dampen my enthusiasm a bit.

MaxLTV 02-25-2018 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by YVR74 (Post 14825782)
As an aside to the BC Luxury Tax thread, I have a vehicle on order that is scheduled to arrive in Halifax on Feb. 27. How long should it take to load the car onto rail and get it here to Vancouver? If I can get the car invoiced prior to April 1, hopefully I can avoid the new tax that Comrade Horgan is imposing on all of the filthy rich people in the province. Will a month be enough time typically?

Mine is on the same ship. Except I bought it and paid for it in May of last year, so the tax would not apply to this one in either case. They should get to Vancouver within 4 weeks, just before April, but unfortunately, with winter weather it's not as predictable.

YVR74 02-25-2018 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by MaxLTV (Post 14827756)
Mine is on the same ship. Except I bought it and paid for it in May of last year, so the tax would not apply to this one in either case. They should get to Vancouver within 4 weeks, just before April, but unfortunately, with winter weather it's not as predictable.

The way it was explained to me was that the dealer has to have an invoice for the vehicle from Porsche AG before the deal can be completed. I can pay in full at any time but this was never presented as an option.

MaxLTV 02-28-2018 01:37 AM

The ship docked this afternoon, so looking good for March delivery.

NVRANUF 03-02-2018 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by MaxLTV (Post 14835628)
The ship docked this afternoon, so looking good for March delivery.

Siem Cicero? My car is also on it!

YVR74 03-09-2018 08:00 PM