Notices

New car treatment in Vancouver - detail, PPF, ceramic,

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 10:59 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,149 Likes on 567 Posts
Default New car treatment in Vancouver - detail, PPF, ceramic,

I am preparing to receive my 991.2 Turbo S for the third time (long story), and want to get a basic new car detail plus paint protection film plus ceramic coating. Is there a recommended installer in Vancouver (ideally North Shore or even better mobile coming on site)? Thanks in advance!
Old 02-01-2018, 12:47 AM
Epicben
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 18 Posts

Autowerks in North Van is great. And Andres at elite cars downtown.

I went to a PCA event at autowerks and it was very informative.

Old 02-01-2018, 05:28 PM
r8v10plus
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my Huracan and I will be getting my Huracan Performante Xpel'd by PH Solar Window Tinting in Vancouver. They're the main installers for Lamborghini of Vancouver and do an amazing job.
Old 02-01-2018, 09:57 PM
CarlEightySix
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had ceramic coating applied in my car and the only good things is its hydrophobic, it doesn't prevent scratches or swirls like the companies advertise. The ceramic coating in my car is Ceramic Pro at a cost of $2000.
Old 02-02-2018, 04:37 AM
Nate Tempest
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 69 Posts

But when you get light surface scratches, it's the coating being scratched rather than your clear coat, right? So you don't have to remove clear to polish them out. At least that's my understanding.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:31 PM
CarlEightySix
Racer

Originally Posted by Nate Tempest
But when you get light surface scratches, it's the coating being scratched rather than your clear coat, right? So you don't have to remove clear to polish them out. At least that's my understanding.
yes. A swirl can't go trough the coat (I think) but I don't know if they polish the coat and apply a new coat or the coat that they apply will cover the swirls.

Ceramic Pro had a demonstratiion at the Toronto Auto Show last year and they had a person hitting a hood with a pvc pipe, half of the hood had ceramic pro applied the other half didn't and the half with ceramic pro applied was scratch free and it was easy to clean the marks, in reality it's different for some reason. Ceramic pro claims their top ceramic coat has a hardneess of 9H and that didn't prevent swirls of appearing after one wash at the dealership. I don't take the car to the car wash unless it's touchless.
Old 02-03-2018, 12:59 AM
Knight
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

There will be quite a few shops that can install, however the challenging is finding the right one to prep it via remove the swirls, polish sections if needed etc before laying down PPF. I think the recommendation for Autowerks is a good start, they have held various PCA events.

Brand new cars from dealers do not arrive in perfect shape, especially after some lot guy has done the delivery prep.

Old 02-04-2018, 10:48 PM
911RufRT
Banned

I've used Terrance at Glassworks many times for ceramic with my black 911s. He really knows his stuff and is a perfectionist.
Old 02-04-2018, 10:50 PM
911RufRT
Banned

http://www.glossworks.ca

He's located in Coquitlam but he is mobile as well.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:27 AM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911CZ
http://www.glossworks.ca

He's located in Coquitlam but he is mobile as well.
Thanks - that might be the best option!
Old 02-09-2018, 02:23 AM
Nate Tempest
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 69 Posts

I'm curious, have you considered an xpel film? I think if I were buying brand new I'd be seriously considering that. You'd still want to do the new car detail (minus the ceramic) first, but then the film would protect it in a way ceramic can't. (Then just a sealant for looks and to protect the film.) Of course, you pay for it.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:43 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nate Tempest
I'm curious, have you considered an xpel film? I think if I were buying brand new I'd be seriously considering that. You'd still want to do the new car detail (minus the ceramic) first, but then the film would protect it in a way ceramic can't. (Then just a sealant for looks and to protect the film.) Of course, you pay for it.
My plan is to get detail (remove manufacturer and dealer-installed swirls :-) ), then Xpel or similar film on exposed areas to protect from rocks (drives to Whistler or Okanagan are rocky), and finally to do ceramic coating so that it does not require waxing.

Quick Reply: New car treatment in Vancouver - detail, PPF, ceramic,