Notices

Cayenne vandal downtown TO

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 08:21 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

To me it looks rather suspicious. -17c outside and the cars window if fully down ? guy drives down the road at night and notices a window down, just happen to have fuel and lighter with him. How convenient.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:06 PM
Cosmo Kramer
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 71 Posts

Doesn't look like he broke the window with the few seconds he was there. Seeing it was a Porsche, maybe it needed some super expensive repair out of warranty and the owner decided to burn it!
Old 01-04-2018, 10:42 AM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 388 Likes on 165 Posts

It's noted on the Jalopnik article online this am that the police report stated the glass had been broken and not left open.

Interesting that it's made to now be widespread news...
Old 01-04-2018, 01:21 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 286 Likes on 197 Posts

If the owner was in on this why would he release the video?
Old 01-04-2018, 02:31 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,021 Likes on 726 Posts

in the audio you can hear the door open when the guy stops his car.

you can also see the broken glass from the light of the fire.

Last edited by theiceman; 01-04-2018 at 02:48 PM.
Old 01-04-2018, 07:14 PM
SlntSam
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm going to wait for the Zapruder film before making any final judgements.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:27 AM
goatfarmerdave
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

News said the person returned 3 times. Once too look, then too break, then too ignite. Also an interesting tidbit. You can take a tiny piece of the ceramic on a spark plug, and I mean tiny…..and throw it at the window of a car and it will break it. It is remarkable how small and light of a piece it will take. We usually find arsonists sitting on the front lawn burnt pretty good at deliberate fires. People have no clue that it's the vapours that ignite and by the time they are finished spreading the highly flammable product and go too light it…boom…especially in the summer when it's hot out.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:59 AM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by goatfarmerdave
News said the person returned 3 times. Once too look, then too break, then too ignite. Also an interesting tidbit. You can take a tiny piece of the ceramic on a spark plug, and I mean tiny…..and throw it at the window of a car and it will break it. It is remarkable how small and light of a piece it will take. We usually find arsonists sitting on the front lawn burnt pretty good at deliberate fires. People have no clue that it's the vapours that ignite and by the time they are finished spreading the highly flammable product and go too light it…boom…especially in the summer when it's hot out.
Holly crap, didn't know it was THAT easy so I looked it up and sure enough.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:07 AM
wc11
Race Car

Received 154 Likes on 99 Posts

^^^ Known as ninja rocks
Old 01-05-2018, 11:33 PM
Brian 162
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I found out about the spark plug trick from a high school kid that our company had for a couple of weeks in a co-op program. I taught him how to solder and he taught me how to break into cars. Fun times, this was 20 years ago. Actually the program straightened him out and he stayed in the trades. A former co-worker kept in touch with him.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:39 AM
AWDGuy
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbodan
who are you guys kidding? the police aren't wasting time in the cold weather (wouldn't in warm either) looking for a guy who vandalized a Porsche. They probably would give him a medal. The police rarely investigate any crimes nowadays. I would be surprised if they even came out to the scene of the crime. Only reason they released it is to make it look they are doing something and since it is Porsche people will watch and say "that porsche owner deserved it".
sorry for the negativity but that is how this city works...just stating facts.
years ago I had a GTI stolen and recovered and they had a spring loaded tool for breaking the window...the cop said all he needed to do was touch the glass with a piece of ceramic tile. They caught the guy and also charged him with possession of burglary tools (or something like that).
yeah, I recently called the police to report fraud done in my store, and they basically said "this is a business thing, write it off as a loss". I was floored. I had the guys phone number, address, signature, everything.

"You really want us to send a guy to his house and interview him? This type of fraud happens hundred times a day"

"Yeah, because you guys don't do anything about it. i would be doing fraud also if I was an ******* now that I know you guys are too f'in lazy to do anything about it"

Conversation went downhill after that. lol
Old 01-11-2018, 07:37 PM
wc11
Race Car

Received 154 Likes on 99 Posts

Cops are too busy collecting money
Old 01-12-2018, 12:28 AM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 345 Posts

I've made a good living off the avails of crime, though not by doing the crime itself but as result of crime. I ended up specializing in glass breaks, as weird as that seems, many break enters are through glass as are all kinds accidental breakage. I learned about the spark plug against tempered glass from a Police officer at one of their shift briefs. It's not as easy as it appears and luck comes into it, but when the stars align its scary fast, but a spring loaded centre punch applied at the right spot works just as well. Auto glass except for the windshield is tempered and that means the glass has been heated and rapidly cooled holding the structure in tension. Thats great for strength and frontally it's exceptionally strong, but at the edges is very vulnerable and someone with a bit of knowledge can easily and silently break a side window.
Old 06-16-2018, 01:52 AM
SG56
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wrong forum..

Last edited by SG56; 06-16-2018 at 10:50 AM.
Old 06-16-2018, 05:12 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,021 Likes on 726 Posts

Originally Posted by SG56
wrong forum..
Seriously dude? You post on a thread 4 months old on a regional forum of local events on local porsche vandalism to post " wrong forum "?
Get a grip !!

Quick Reply: Cayenne vandal downtown TO