Notices

OT: Uber questions

Old 11-21-2017, 12:55 PM
petee_c
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts
Default OT: Uber questions

Did some research online, and it looks like Uber is available in the Kitchener Waterloo Area....

My wife is having surgery on her Right foot and likely will be in an air boot for a few weeks. She works part time at a physio clinic and wants to go back to work if possible a week after the surgery.

She works in downtown Waterloo ( 20 minute, 15kms away during 'rush hour' (starts at 9, finishes after 5))

The Uber website says $19-25 when I put the address's in the fare estimator?

Can you negotiate a fare? She would likely use the service for a few weeks until it's ok to take the airboot off to drive... Can she sign on with one Uber driver, and negotiate a price for the next couple trips?
Old 11-21-2017, 12:58 PM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 598 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by petee_c
Did some research online, and it looks like Uber is available in the Kitchener Waterloo Area....

My wife is having surgery on her Right foot and likely will be in an air boot for a few weeks. She works part time at a physio clinic and wants to go back to work if possible a week after the surgery.

She works in downtown Waterloo ( 20 minute, 15kms away during 'rush hour' (starts at 9, finishes after 5))

The Uber website says $19-25 when I put the address's in the fare estimator?

Can you negotiate a fare? She would likely use the service for a few weeks until it's ok to take the airboot off to drive... Can she sign on with one Uber driver, and negotiate a price for the next couple trips?
Can't negotiate a fare (the only option you have now is to provide a tip). Also, you can't book a specific Uber driver through the app, but I suppose nothing would prevent you from trying to make an arrangement with a driver on your own.
Old 11-21-2017, 02:03 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 336 Likes on 243 Posts

Maybe she can negotiate something with a cab driver.
Old 11-21-2017, 04:17 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,008 Likes on 716 Posts

Originally Posted by Imo000
Maybe she can negotiate something with a cab driver.
this. I did this once before many years before uber existed. off the meter.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:26 AM
strathconaman
Three Wheelin'

Received 200 Likes on 129 Posts

Many physio clinics use shuttle services/medical transport services. Maybe one of those could help.

Uber also has a "shared ride" service as well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OT: Uber questions