Notices

OT--VW Tiguan

Old 08-23-2017, 11:04 AM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default OT--VW Tiguan

So my winter/kids car is a 2016 VW Tiguan R. Quite a nice vehicle. A few weeks ago it wouldn't start and to make a long story short I just needed a new battery. I service it at York VW. The car is less than 2 years old and has 16K kilometers. I thought that that battery must be faulty and would be a warranty item. The dealer told me it wasn't covered and it cost me around $250. I paid because I just wanted the car back so I left and then called VW Canada. After about 3-4 calls and going higher up the chain VW agreed to refund the money. Are batteries not regular warranty items? I have used York VW for service for many years. They always send me a survey to fill out. This time they did NOT send a survey: just a thank-you note for using their services. I wanted to express my displeasure about being charged but they didn't give me the opportunity. I guess only happy customers are sent surveys.
Old 08-23-2017, 01:56 PM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 142 Likes on 111 Posts

Took my X5 into the dealer for an oil change and service, 7oo bucks. It threw a rod 300 kms later. Dealer accused me of being delinquent on my servicing. Suggested the car needed a $26k engine. It was eventually covered by my extended warranty. After 59 days in the shop, upon picking it up, rinsed, but not clean. I commented that at least they could have detailed it and deliver it back spotless. The service person then said " right now I just want to punch you in the face" to me.
I took that up with the dealer principal and BMW Canada. I also filled in a not so glamorous review. I personally do understand an individual can have off days, but really. What did the dealer do. Nothing. What did cooperate Canada do. Nothing. What did cooperate USA do. Nothing.

Ultimately, we the consumer, are responsible for everything. There is no service any more. We are guilty until proven innocent.
Or pay for your battery, then argue, then get your money back.
There will be a time in the not so distant future that we will not need a dealer network, if they are forgetting the service part of their brick and mortar set up.

To note ... CAA will come to your car at your house, diagnose the and test the battery. And install a new one, at a fair cost, as part of your membership.
Attached Images  
Old 08-23-2017, 04:52 PM
wc11
Race Car

Received 154 Likes on 99 Posts

In your case I would think it would fall under the 3 year 60k warranty period.
Otherwise, a battery is a consumable part just like brake pads and such. Wear & tear part.
Old 08-24-2017, 03:43 PM
boman993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG smoke
Took my X5 into the dealer for an oil change and service, 7oo bucks. It threw a rod 300 kms later. Dealer accused me of being delinquent on my servicing. Suggested the car needed a $26k engine. It was eventually covered by my extended warranty. After 59 days in the shop, upon picking it up, rinsed, but not clean. I commented that at least they could have detailed it and deliver it back spotless. The service person then said " right now I just want to punch you in the face" to me.
I took that up with the dealer principal and BMW Canada. I also filled in a not so glamorous review. I personally do understand an individual can have off days, but really. What did the dealer do. Nothing. What did cooperate Canada do. Nothing. What did cooperate USA do. Nothing.

Ultimately, we the consumer, are responsible for everything. There is no service any more. We are guilty until proven innocent.
Or pay for your battery, then argue, then get your money back.
There will be a time in the not so distant future that we will not need a dealer network, if they are forgetting the service part of their brick and mortar set up.

To note ... CAA will come to your car at your house, diagnose the and test the battery. And install a new one, at a fair cost, as part of your membership.
Let me guess, Parkview? LMAO...I got an oil change and exhaust fluid done there on my '13 X5D a few months back. Everything was peachy. I drove it for a few days, all of the sudden the minimum oil level warning comes on! I call Parkview, they tell me to bring it in to "diagnose". They take a look and my SA, with a straight face tells me that it's normal for the truck to be consuming oil. My X5 has 60k kms on it, and no records of previous consumption issues. I asked if maybe it was his tech not filling it properly to the top during the oil change 150km ago? I got a "I don't need this sh*t from you pal" After escalating that little lash out, I got a swift apology from the SA. They quickly topped up the oil with a quart... Yes, a quart...What a bullsh t experience. I would've been fine with them just saying that it happens and it's possible to not fill to the top always and that they were sorry...All in hopes to save the department 5 bucks worth of oil?

Bad judgement; needless to say; never going back there.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:32 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 128 Posts

yea but will CAA program that battery to the DME? Prob not and then I have to deal with selling you a new AGM battery after a year
Old 08-25-2017, 10:36 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by boman993
Let me guess, Parkview? LMAO...I got an oil change and exhaust fluid done there on my '13 X5D a few months back. Everything was peachy. I drove it for a few days, all of the sudden the minimum oil level warning comes on! I call Parkview, they tell me to bring it in to "diagnose". They take a look and my SA, with a straight face tells me that it's normal for the truck to be consuming oil. My X5 has 60k kms on it, and no records of previous consumption issues. I asked if maybe it was his tech not filling it properly to the top during the oil change 150km ago? I got a "I don't need this sh*t from you pal" After escalating that little lash out, I got a swift apology from the SA. They quickly topped up the oil with a quart... Yes, a quart...What a bullsh t experience. I would've been fine with them just saying that it happens and it's possible to not fill to the top always and that they were sorry...All in hopes to save the department 5 bucks worth of oil?

Bad judgement; needless to say; never going back there.
Meh it happens sometimes. Those BS electronic oil level gauges are ****ing wonky as they age. A 3er will roughly take around 6.5l of oil.. so will 6cyl X5. It happens a few times a week the car will be reading at half or always saying add.. Yet you keep adding and it's over filled. I like it better when they only fill the reserve DEF tank and not the one under the air intake tube.. The diesels have dipsticks. I use that. Mercedes has started putting back conventional dipsticks on gas models now.. If you are consuming a fill liter of oil in 150 kms you would have had a DPF failure by now...

I have a client with an X5 diesel and the dealer was CLUELESS at servicing it.

However Range Rover is way way wayyyy worse. I have two great tales if anyone wants to hear them.. One is a client and the other just happened to be my RR Sport

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OT--VW Tiguan