Notices

Shop to do Fister mod in GTA/905

Old 08-16-2017, 10:39 AM
artyve
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lowbee
Driving around Markham/Stouffville today and saw a big sign that say "custom exhaust" next to a repair shop called Mario's auto repair on Hwy48 south of Stouffville road, might want to check him out.... Google has good reviews and FB has some custom exhaust pictures. Full disclosure - Not affiliated
I just went there yesterday. Dude had no idea what I was talking about. I showed him pictures from online (showing inlet to outlet connection) and he kept looking at them as if he was completely confused. Kept asking "how did they cut the holes"??? Finally when we came to cost discussion, he said there's no way he would do it for under $300. I thanked him and left. I did not leave with a good impression.

Search continues...
Old 08-16-2017, 12:10 PM
Crester
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by artyve
I just went there yesterday. Dude had no idea what I was talking about. I showed him pictures from online (showing inlet to outlet connection) and he kept looking at them as if he was completely confused. Kept asking "how did they cut the holes"??? Finally when we came to cost discussion, he said there's no way he would do it for under $300. I thanked him and left. I did not leave with a good impression.

Search continues...
I went to a shop in south Etobicoke along Kipling that I'm pretty sure did it for under $300 including removal and reinstallation from my car. And everything went well. Unfortunately I can't remember the name right now but I'm searching for the info.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:44 PM
artyve
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Crester
I went to a shop in south Etobicoke along Kipling that I'm pretty sure did it for under $300 including removal and reinstallation from my car. And everything went well. Unfortunately I can't remember the name right now but I'm searching for the info.
Etobicoke is a bit far for me as I live in Markham. However, if I'm able to go there on a weekend and be in-and-out, I'd probably make the drive over. Would this place happen to be Tech Tune Exhaust? Lots of GTA people mentioned this place.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:17 PM
Crester
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 40 Posts

Etobicoke is a bit far for me as I live in Markham. However, if I'm able to go there on a weekend and be in-and-out, I'd probably make the drive over. Would this place happen to be Tech Tune Exhaust? Lots of GTA people mentioned this place.
Actually yes... I believe it is Tech Tune Exhaust. I looked on streetview and it looks the same. It's a little "dingy looking" shop... so I was nervous at first... but they were friendly... took the mufflers off the car... modified them and put them back on quickly. No complaints about my experience there.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:13 PM
lowbee
Rennlist Member

Received 353 Likes on 221 Posts

I just went there yesterday. Dude had no idea what I was talking about...... I did not leave with a good impression....
Sorry, I had high hope for them. Did you talk to the owner Mario or someone else ?
Old 08-16-2017, 04:19 PM
docdrs
Rennlist Member

Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Torontoworker
No they are NOT. The Gundo was developed by a shop.......
"Anyway, someone here had mentioned the dude on ebay selling hacked mufflers - I looked at his design and added to it - using 2" pipe sections rather than 1". Welding a 2" pipe between inlet and outlet pipes did the trick! Perfection!"

The above is right from a Gundo Post.

Yes they are!!!! Other than one being curved and one being straight. They both accomplish the same thing. Gunderson did not invent it but his handle is now stuck to it. Now if you are confusing the pse or hanksville hack ( using the third hole) with the fister, it is not the same thing.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:42 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,001 Likes on 710 Posts

ive been following this for years and this is how I know them ...

firs pic Gundo

second pic Fister

have never heard of these other terms before ..
Attached Images   
Old 08-16-2017, 08:20 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by docdrs
"Anyway, someone here had mentioned the dude on ebay selling hacked mufflers - I looked at his design and added to it - using 2" pipe sections rather than 1". Welding a 2" pipe between inlet and outlet pipes did the trick! Perfection!"

The above is right from a Gundo Post.

Yes they are!!!! Other than one being curved and one being straight. They both accomplish the same thing. Gunderson did not invent it but his handle is now stuck to it. Now if you are confusing the pse or hanksville hack ( using the third hole) with the fister, it is not the same thing.
You're not reading what I stated. Just look at Iceman's pictures... sigh. While they *generally* accomplish the same thing - an increase in sound - they do it differently and hence one is LOUDER than the other once the exhaust pressure gets to a certain state, IE: RPM above 4 grand overwhelms the ability to enter the muffler and bypasses it. *I've had both types...*
Old 08-17-2017, 12:04 AM
SlntSam
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're going to make the trip out, I'd come too and get mine done at the same time.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:16 AM
docdrs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Torontoworker
You're not reading what I stated. Just look at Iceman's pictures... sigh. While they *generally* accomplish the same thing - an increase in sound - they do it differently and hence one is LOUDER than the other once the exhaust pressure gets to a certain state, IE: RPM above 4 grand overwhelms the ability to enter the muffler and bypasses it. *I've had both types...*
sigh.......
read his post

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ste-money.html

Iceman has it backwards for the Gundo. Nowhere in his post is there mention of using the 3rd port. Inlet to outlet......The other is full-time pse hack. But maybe he he typed it wrong , what do I know!

BTW , if you want a template for a 2" inlet outlet bypass pipe in this pic , just email me and I'll send it to you....makes it easier for the fabrication of it.

2" Gundo
Old 08-17-2017, 10:21 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,001 Likes on 710 Posts

Nope I don't

But what's in a name anyway. We are arguing semantics. Just look up fister and gundi on google images and decide for yourself
There is no question welding the the pipes together with a bridge is louder than using the extra port on the muffler.
Two together I have heard it is quite insane
Doug do you agree ??
Old 08-24-2017, 09:03 PM
Vimmer
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I called the shop in Etobicoke today and the person that answered told me that the person that did the Gundo Hack is retired and they don't do it. This shop was at 220 Norseman street.
Old 08-24-2017, 09:48 PM
SlntSam
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep that sounds like Tech Tune. I was going to call them next week. I guess no point in that now.
Old 08-24-2017, 11:10 PM
lowbee
Rennlist Member

Received 353 Likes on 221 Posts

There is a pair of already hacked 997 muffler on Kijiji selling for $500....

Whoever gets them do a shout out here I'd like to hear how it sound..

I don't want/need them, I have DesignTek muffler from UK that I still like a lot
Old 08-25-2017, 11:18 AM
docdrs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lowbee
There is a pair of already hacked 997 muffler on Kijiji selling for $500 lot
They are super gundo , good deal and you would still have originals

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Shop to do Fister mod in GTA/905