Notices

Cayenne Diesel Emission Settlement in Canada

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 05:59 PM
Cowboys5
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cayenne Diesel Emission Settlement in Canada

The USA thread on this topic is chock full of useful information and their settlement/payment process is well underway. For us Canadians with a CD - eery silence. Does anyone know anything about a timetable for a Canadian settlement? I have asked 2 local dealers and they claim to know absolutely nothing. Very frustrating for those of us who have been considering trading the vehicle for something else. Obviously don't want to leave cash on the table and take a deflated value on a sale or trade.

Does anyone know anything about what's going on?
Old 07-27-2017, 08:54 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Nothing yet. A hearing date for the certification for the 3L action hasn't been given yet. We're a long ways off of a settlement up here.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:09 PM
Cowboys5
Instructor

As I suspected. Pretty inexcusable, given that there's an accepted deal in the US that's easily replicated for us here in Canada. I feel a screwing over coming.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:53 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,116 Likes on 729 Posts

Nothing to report, stale news on Audi site. Asked Pfaff Audi maybe a month ago about my 3.0, no news. I just emailed Audi yesterday. Let's see what they say.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:55 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cowboys5
As I suspected. Pretty inexcusable, given that there's an accepted deal in the US that's easily replicated for us here in Canada. I feel a screwing over coming.
Start doing forward stretches.
Old 07-29-2017, 06:05 PM
Cowboys5
Instructor

Yup, puckering up as I type. Well all of us 3.0 owners should keep this thread as updated as we can if anyone hears any credible news. I am going into Oakville Porsche for a warranty issue on Monday, and I'll ask again. Not hopeful there will be anything new, but I'll post here if there is.
Old 07-31-2017, 06:00 PM
Cowboys5
Instructor

Was at the dealer this morning and spoke to the after sales manager. He said no news yet from Porsche. However, he is aware that Audi Canada has determined to finalize this issue by late October/early November, so Tom was speculating that the settlement would be final at Porsche by the end of the calendar year at the latest.

No idea how accurate that is, but that's all we have at the moment.
Old 07-31-2017, 08:45 PM
TJ Elliott
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Received this correspondence from VW Canada on my 3.0 TDI Touareg after I reached out to say I was not receiving any information:

RE: 3.0L TDI Emissions
Ref#: 2017/07-0
VIN:

Dear Mr. ,

Thank you for contacting Volkswagen Canada regarding the 3.0L TDI emissions issue in Canada. We appreciate the opportunity to respond.

We are truly sorry to learn that you have not been receiving notifications regarding the 3.0L TDI issue in Canada, our records have been updated to reflect your current information, and all future Volkswagen correspondence will be forwarded to the mailing and email address you have provided to us.

The following is the most recent update regarding the 3.0 L TDI vehicles: On December 20, in U.S. District Court, Volkswagen announced it had reached an agreement with the U.S. Department of Justice and environmental regulators regarding affected 3.0L V6 TDI vehicles in the United States. The agreement, in the form of a proposed Consent Decree, is subject to U.S. Court approval and applies to the U.S. market only. The proposed terms include:

A recall of affected 2013-2016 Model Year Volkswagen 3.0L V6 TDI vehicles equipped with Generation 2 engines to bring them into compliance with the U.S. emissions standards to which they were certified, if appropriate modifications are approved by U.S. environmental regulators. If Volkswagen Group is unable to meet this requirement, it will offer to buy back or terminate the leases of these vehicles and may also seek approval by U.S. environmental regulators to offer customers a modification to substantially reduce their nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions.

A buyback or lease termination of affected 2009-2012 Model Year Volkswagen 3.0L V6 TDI vehicles equipped with Generation 1 engines or, if approved by U.S. environmental regulators, modification to substantially reduce the vehicles’ nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions so as to allow eligible owners and lessees to keep them.

On February 1, 2017, Volkswagen Group reached proposed settlements with the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee and the Federal Trade Commission regarding 3.0L V6 TDI vehicles in the United States, including a proposed class settlement with U.S. consumers. The class settlement was submitted to the U.S. federal court for preliminary approval. Judge Charles Breyer had scheduled a preliminary approval hearing for February 14, 2017.

These filings concern the U.S. court proceedings and the U.S. market. In Canada, consumer class proceedings are underway regarding affected 3.0L V6 TDI vehicles. Updates will be provided as they become available. We invite you to continue to visit our website www.vwemissionsinfo.ca for more information.

Should you have any other questions or comments please do not hesitate to contact us through our Customer Care Center at (800) 822-8987. We are available from Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 8:00pm, Eastern Standard Time.

Please be advised that you may receive a short survey by email regarding your experience with our Customer care Center. We would appreciate if you took a few moments to complete this. Your feedback is important to us and will allow us to serve you more effectively in the future.

Sincerely,

Nneoma Egwuonwu
Customer Relations / Service Ã* la clientèle
VOLKSWAGEN GROUP CANADA INC.
Old 07-31-2017, 11:08 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cowboys5
Was at the dealer this morning and spoke to the after sales manager. He said no news yet from Porsche. However, he is aware that Audi Canada has determined to finalize this issue by late October/early November, so Tom was speculating that the settlement would be final at Porsche by the end of the calendar year at the latest.

No idea how accurate that is, but that's all we have at the moment.
I got my response back from Audi Canada customer care last Friday. Verbatim what is found on the website. Useless out of date info.
Old 08-01-2017, 01:53 PM
Cowboys5
Instructor

Yes, epic fail by the entire VW group on communications in Canada. I understand we are small fish compared to the US market, but I have to say that the way they have handled this is turning me off the brand.

So we wait...
Old 08-03-2017, 04:42 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Interesting.....activist groups launch lawsuit against Minster of Environment for dragging heels on VW investigation.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...l-scandal.html
Old 08-08-2017, 10:40 AM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 142 Likes on 111 Posts

Cowboys5- "Ignored and dismissed 'Small fish' ".
Old 08-08-2017, 11:41 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,021 Likes on 726 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG smoke
Cowboys5- "Ignored and dismissed 'Small fish' ".
its the same with us in our industry, Canada is no ones responsibility and if they fall through the cracks oh well, we only represent 6% of the US market .
Old 08-10-2017, 01:56 AM
Mark Lue
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been following this with alot of interest, IMO there won't be any buy backs for the 3.0s, VW/Audi/Porsche will most likely flash the vehicle to correct the so called "cheat". They are EDC16 or EDC17 systems that are fairly easy to tune back to stock, especially if you backup your ECU in advance.
Old 08-10-2017, 06:18 PM
Cowboys5
Instructor

I think most of us who have been following this issue closely don't expect a buyback at this point. What I do expect though, is a cash payment from both Porsche and Bosch, very close to what the US owners of the 3.0 vehicles got. I can't think of a single justification for treating us differently, other than we don't matter and they can screw us with impunity, which will really infuriate me. As a previous owner of 2 porsches, 1 Audi and 1 VW, and with a new Porsche or Audi on my short list to replace the CD, they will absolutely lose me forever if they shaft us.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Diesel Emission Settlement in Canada