Notices

991.1 GT3 Market!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 01:46 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

Don't get suckered in. Move on if you're not happy with the pricing because all it will take is a hint of economic trouble ahead and the bottom will fall out of the higher end used Pcar market. Once the manipulation stops and the dealers are too scared to sit on high levels of high priced inventory, supply will be plenty. It may not happen for a while and maybe the .2 is the new .1 when it does happen, or even the .3, but stick to your guns on pricing if you want to avoid taking a bath. Unless of course you just want the car!

EDIT: So says the guy who owns a house in West Van!
Old 02-20-2018, 02:28 PM
gsxr_fvr
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BioBanker
Don't get suckered in. Move on if you're not happy with the pricing because all it will take is a hint of economic trouble ahead and the bottom will fall out of the higher end used Pcar market. Once the manipulation stops and the dealers are too scared to sit on high levels of high priced inventory, supply will be plenty. It may not happen for a while and maybe the .2 is the new .1 when it does happen, or even the .3, but stick to your guns on pricing if you want to avoid taking a bath. Unless of course you just want the car!

EDIT: So says the guy who owns a house in West Van!
I agree..In no rush i have other Porsche's to keep me occupied until the prices come down.
P.S I own a few investment properties around Toronto as well, although i enjoyed cashing in "Housing bubble":in the last few years, I am glad market is coming to a realization now.
Old 02-26-2018, 11:37 PM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 385 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Turtles
Hey not sure where you get your information about a "nose dive" or prices dropping on GT3.1 as you've posted a couple times. The advertised prices are still way up there for cars with over 10k km. There are lots of people that can't get a GT3.2 and when the final hammer drops on who will and won't get one the dealers know that the older model will start moving. Just look at the 997's with low mileage they are still quite high. In fact many guys have parked them as the prices took off. As long as the Canadian dollar stays around 0.80US the GT3's will hold a price premium. Many can't get a new one and used one's are price based on US market with the exchange and a 6.1% duty.
Ok nose dive isn't what I meant but there are now more 991.2 GT3's produced for Canada (+240) then .1 991 RS's. Combine this new GT3 quantity (especially with the 54% manual transmission take rate) with that of what's already used in the market and you'll start to see 991.1 prices drop somewhat. How much? If I had that crystal ball I wouldn't be here.

I say this as that lovely $178k Riviera Blue 991.1 GT3 just sold at Pfaff Leasing...so I could be way wrong.

Quick Reply: 991.1 GT3 Market!!