Notices

991.1 GT3 Market!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 01:28 PM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Received 169 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by pyglitt
The GT3 .1 market will crash within a year or less. Dealers are just holding up market online. There are so many GT3 and GT4s physically sitting at Porsche dealers. They are just hiding them from the public and not putting them online. They only put the ones they want to get rid of the most. The bright color cars, higher km, low options etc.

I know the wholesale prices will be around $120k cad or less by next fall when a lot of the .2 owners have already taken delivery of their cars. I see ppl taking delivery of their .2s already.

I’m a buyer at $110k for a 2015 .1
You're dreaming if you think 2015 GT3's will at $110k any time soon. For $86k US they will all be down there long before they get that low here. You can't even buy a GTS for $110k let alone a GT4. I'm sure the market will soften as more 2018's arrive but I can't see a "crash" given the MSRP increase with the new cars and the current CAD/USD exchange rate.
Old 11-21-2017, 02:22 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 129 Posts

If you're looking for a deal (I don't blame you) it's best to wait.. Memories are short and no more than 6 years ago they couldn't move any cars let alone GTx cars.. Canadians seem to want to follow the US, but we simply don't have the population or weather to support some of the outrageous prices on AT.. The local p-car dealers are purposely trying to keep prices up, but it's not working as most Canadians aren't dumb enough to pay $100k + msrp for an RS, $50k + msrp for GT3 or $40k over for a GT4.. These cars will sit on their lots until they realize (typically much after the crush down south) that prices will need to come down in order to move them.

When all the .2 GT3 & RS allocations have been distributed and all the trade-in, cars have hit the secondary market, we will see a shift in price or we will see a massive stock pile at local dealerships.. either way it's positive leverage for the used buyers.

Hold tight and save money.. it's winter anyway!

GL!
Old 11-21-2017, 02:47 PM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Don't get me wrong, I agree with most of what you are saying RealityGT. I was looking at GT4's and Spyders earlier this year but I felt the prices were way too high. $140k? Good luck. I'll wait for the next version. Americans don't really want to buy Canadian cars but with enough incentive they will. In my opinion they need to be priced some amount lower than the US selling price but it seems many are asking a premium even over that. I also agree that it seems like the larger dealers are trying to control the market by holding cars hostage. On the other hand sellers keep hearing what they want to hear (highest price of car sold a year ago) and think they are going to get rich selling their car. It takes them a while to realize that it's not likely going to happen. There are a lot of Canadians buying expensive cars to rub over the winter. In the next 6 weeks there will be another 100+ new GT3's here.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:01 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

^+1
2018 will be an interesting year for speculators and buyers..
Old 11-21-2017, 04:13 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,021 Likes on 726 Posts

Originally Posted by Loess
Don't get me wrong, I agree with most of what you are saying RealityGT. I was looking at GT4's and Spyders earlier this year but I felt the prices were way too high. $140k? Good luck. I'll wait for the next version. Americans don't really want to buy Canadian cars but with enough incentive they will. In my opinion they need to be priced some amount lower than the US selling price but it seems many are asking a premium even over that. I also agree that it seems like the larger dealers are trying to control the market by holding cars hostage. On the other hand sellers keep hearing what they want to hear (highest price of car sold a year ago) and think they are going to get rich selling their car. It takes them a while to realize that it's not likely going to happen. There are a lot of Canadians buying expensive cars to rub over the winter. In the next 6 weeks there will be another 100+ new GT3's here.
Talk to Cam , he seems to have it figured out.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:53 AM
gt32
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT3

I am picking up my gt3 .2 next week and what we all need to remember the reason for buying this type of car is due to the driving experience and emotional feelings with the sound , handling and responsiveness. If the vehicle maintains the value in 3 years then its a bonus but otherwise , enjoy it unless you are a speculator at which point you should not have been given the right to purchase such a car!!! ps remember that gt3's were easier to get years ago but now that supply and demand have become a factor, I would guess that they will not be at MSRP after 3 or 4 years but a lot better than most other sports cars because of the Porsche cult of enthusiasts who are the real gearheads .
Old 11-22-2017, 11:44 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

.2 3RS is just around the corner... This will make things very interesting in the following year.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:11 PM
Mr. Turtles
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by gt32
I am picking up my gt3 .2 next week and what we all need to remember the reason for buying this type of car is due to the driving experience and emotional feelings with the sound , handling and responsiveness. If the vehicle maintains the value in 3 years then its a bonus but otherwise , enjoy it unless you are a speculator at which point you should not have been given the right to purchase such a car!!! ps remember that gt3's were easier to get years ago but now that supply and demand have become a factor, I would guess that they will not be at MSRP after 3 or 4 years but a lot better than most other sports cars because of the Porsche cult of enthusiasts who are the real gearheads .
+1 to that. And get the damn thing on the track where it belongs!
Old 11-22-2017, 12:27 PM
gt32
AutoX

Amen to that and the beautiful country roads up north when not on track !!!
Old 11-22-2017, 12:37 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

The whole value prop for these cars now dictate that they won't likely be on track.. They've become to valuable to thrash around $200k for a track car is stretching the whole weekend warrior concept, IMO. While I would have only seen 6-10 events / year, it would have also served well for b-road action.. alas, I am not worthy.. lol
Old 11-22-2017, 12:41 PM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

I say buy it and do what you want with it. Park it, rub it, drive it, take it to the track, take it to cars and coffee, just don't try to flip it 1 month later with 50km on it for a huge premium.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:45 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

^+1000!!!
Old 11-22-2017, 12:51 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,021 Likes on 726 Posts

yeah I hate the arrogance of "you don't deserve to have it if you don't take it to the track" . If you work hard, like to have nice cars, can afford one, lucky enough to get one and just want to use it for nice country drives, knock yourself out .
Old 11-23-2017, 02:57 AM
pyglitt
3rd Gear

What you see on auto trader and what they are actually trading for are completely different. The dealers are just holding up the market. There's so much inventory at Porsche, they just hiding them right now until spring, jack up the price $5k-$8k and put the noobs together. If you don't believe me, go visit the largest dealer in Ontario and ask the sales guys to show you their GT3, GT3RS and GT4 inventory.

Originally Posted by Loess
You're dreaming if you think 2015 GT3's will at $110k any time soon. For $86k US they will all be down there long before they get that low here. You can't even buy a GTS for $110k let alone a GT4. I'm sure the market will soften as more 2018's arrive but I can't see a "crash" given the MSRP increase with the new cars and the current CAD/USD exchange rate.
Old 11-23-2017, 03:17 AM
pyglitt
3rd Gear

Don't worry they will come down. Too much asks and no bids lol I think $120-$125k is more realistic for next year. That's what the dealers will be trading them for anyways. It's a car after all and 90% of cars depreciate. So many people bought the hype ($190k+) and took a bath on their cars by donating them back to the dealers in hopes to get a .2. I know a guy that bought a GT3RS last summer for $380k LOL that boat has long sailed. They are trading at $240k now with decent options.

Ya that red one is going no where fast. I would buy a more neutral color, easier to resell.

Originally Posted by gsxr_fvr
I am watching 991 GT3 market very closely as well and although I agree with most of what you said but I still think it'll take little longer than next fall for prices to hit $110k (I really hope they do).

Another indication are the Private one's for sale. They have been for sale as long as a year and not moving.

There's a red one in Quebec at $165k with NO options. I offered $145k CASH since its a base car and it seems I insulted the seller, I was shut down hard! lol oh well....

Quick Reply: 991.1 GT3 Market!!