Notices

Taiwan Rennlisters

Old 09-05-2008, 05:25 PM
silversally
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

will be moving to taipei end of this year. where would i be able to get to find a 993? i have a 993 turbo in the uk but sadly will be selling this before our move to taiwan and will be looking for a 993 to buy when i get there.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:11 PM
Patrick L
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by silversally
will be moving to taipei end of this year. where would i be able to get to find a 993? i have a 993 turbo in the uk but sadly will be selling this before our move to taiwan and will be looking for a 993 to buy when i get there.
Welcome to Taiwan! You can find some Porsches for sale on local Yahoo auction, but I believe best cars always trade between Porsche community members. You can try the largest Porsche community A9SM.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:21 PM
silversally
Track Day

thanks patrickL. when i am in taiwan and have acquired a 993, perhaps you can introduced me to the petrolheads in taipei and also if you know of anyone thinking about parting with their 993s, let me know.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:34 PM
N4522V
5th Gear

Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts
Wink

And here I am...

Nice to meet you guys here, Patrick and Alfred.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:49 AM
kcphuah
Rennlist Member

Received 137 Likes on 28 Posts

My wife is from Taiwan, and I will be going to Taipei for a 1 month vacation, any chance I can meet up with the 993 or 996 enthusiatics?
Old 01-04-2009, 12:58 PM
golfer_c
AutoX

Hello everyone~
Old 02-10-2009, 12:46 PM
mark lintott
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Default And me.......

Hi Patrick,
I haven't checked into the list for a long time and noticed your post. I'm still here and so is my TL. Haven't been for a morning drive for a long time due to pressure of work etc - are you still going?
Would be good to meet up sometime and also meet with any others - especially any from UK...(?)

Lets drive sometime..?

Cheers

Mark
Old 02-10-2009, 10:31 PM
Patrick L
Instructor

Mark,
We still run on Sunday morning 2 or 3 times a month, but not with A9M guys. They run every Sunday but they are way too fast for me...
We have all kind of cars in our group, Porsche like Golfer_C, N4522V, alfredhu, and some other M3, M5, Evo, etc. Welcome next time, I will send you message when we have a group run (maybe this Sunday)!

Silversally,
Are you in Taiwan already?
Old 02-11-2009, 04:33 AM
mark lintott
Rennlist Member

Good to hear from you!
From your blog it looks like I missed quite a few decent runs but text me the time and meeting point if there is one coming up and I'll try to make it.

Thanks

Cheers
Mark
Old 02-11-2009, 12:05 PM
Patrick L
Instructor

Yes, there were some decent runs last few months. However, those were more like "Autoshow" than group run... just way too many cars in the group that resulted in traffic jam.....
Will put you in my message list... should have a run this Sunday.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:13 AM
silversally
Track Day

patrick L
family just arrived last week, still looking out for a 993 but where do i start to get to know where owners are trading in their cars and not in mandarin?

already pranged the company lexus limo (nice sargeant three stripes round the sides) in the narrow narrow side roads, so would be nice to get a "small car". we are in tienmu, house up on a very steep hill and wonder if a 993 can get up without slipping and flatspotting the rear tyres regularly
Old 03-21-2009, 10:38 AM
mark lintott
Rennlist Member

patrick L
family just arrived last week, still looking out for a 993 but where do i start to get to know where owners are trading in their cars and not in mandarin?

already pranged the company lexus limo (nice sargeant three stripes round the sides) in the narrow narrow side roads, so would be nice to get a "small car". we are in tienmu, house up on a very steep hill and wonder if a 993 can get up without slipping and flatspotting the rear tyres regularly
Hi, I'm originally from London but been here longer than I care to remember...! Anyway welcome to town - its a great place once you get your bearings - and the people are outstanding. I'll pm you my contact details contact details. I'll see if I can help you on the 993 front. Generally cars like these are traded among friends and acquantances and as far as I know going thru traditional ads and dealers is a bit of a crap shoot here.
(You must be on that really steep hill with the temple half way up - had friends up there and everytime we visited it was an interesting trip.)
Welcome.....

Cheers
Old 03-22-2009, 11:18 AM
Patrick L
Instructor

patrick L

Welcome to Taiwan! I think 993 can get up anywhere as long as your lexus can...
I know some Porsche guys and I can ask them if there is any 993 for sale currently.
I live in Beitou, which is not too far from Tienmu. I'll PM you my phone# and we can meet sometime!
Old 03-23-2009, 10:28 AM
p993enthusiast
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hi guys. was in ping xi outside taipei the sunday before last, and came across a couple of 996 turbos, a 997 gt3, a 986 and a f430. fantastic to see. must have been a meet. Wonder if it's anyone from here.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:55 PM
drgn2phnx
Intermediate

honestly a nice 993 is really hard to come by these days.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Taiwan Rennlisters